It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fictional Eagle Eye Plot Becomes Reality with SRI's (VIRGIL)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Fictional Eagle Eye Plot Becomes Reality with SRI's (VIRGIL)

www.truthisthenews.com

In the fictional movie Eagle Eye the plot is determined by an evil AI which is tapped into every camera the NSA has access to which is all of them that are online. This AI tries to take over the lives of several characters in the movie and it uses its smart camera network of UAV and stationary cameras throughout the world to achieve this goal. This dangerous cybernetic organism is foiled in the movie but now thanks to the work of science fact and a rather largess defense budget this system is now being designed by DARPA and SRI.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This is such a dangerous technology. We really need to think about this impact of this tech in our everyday lives. Very soon people in government and evil big corp will have the ability to monitor the detailed behavior of entire populations and look supposedly for bad guys doing bad things.

The reality is that this will be abused and ordinary people who are politically active but are adversary to the governments policy will now be mass monitored and thus further controlled and harassed. This has bad evil tech written all over it in my opinion. This will be used for corporate profit enhancement in many ways. Use your imagination.

www.truthisthenews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
State of the art development of super intelligent inter-camera network.....100 million dollars

Chinese Hammer...4 dollars

Smashing big brother's new baby in one swing...priceless

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

I do not know if you have noticed but a lot of the stationary cameras are placed well out of reach of your average hammer. The UAVs of course you do not even notice above your neighborhood.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

I really don't see a problem here. This tool will enable lots of different personel in lots of different roles to take a less risky aproach to their work.

The IA tech that is currently in existance is very basic indeed.. and we are soo far away from that goal its rediculous.

Plus VIRGIL system is not fitted with weapons... its just there to locate potential threats weather it be human or structural.

I very much doubt that based on a computer saying "quick there is a terrorist over their!!" that the military will nuke the area or anything rash like that.

This has the potential of making trains and their stations, airports, subways, sports grounds and peacefull protest safe places for the majority. Just look how well the facial recognition software worked in identifying trouble makers during Englands nastiest Footy games in the past few years. It can litteraly pick them out of crowds of thousands and have them removed from the game before trouble can be caused by KNOWN trouble makers.

This sytem just goes one step futher IMHO. Even if the person is not known.. the system will be able to tell by body language and movement if an UNKNOWN threat is about to "kick off" and gives our wonderfull police service (lol) the advantage to get on top of it quickly where human eyes may miss it.

It also has the pottential to save millions in security staff.. which lets face it.. we spend too much money on already.

Good find tho and an interesting read mate! Thanks!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Thank you corp-gov bot for your insights. Your corporatist apologist input is noted and understood.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Let's not talk about cops who start or help amplify riots while disguised as your everyday Joe to justify implementation of the types of systems described in the OP...

On a side note, as I say very often, many problems of society wouldn't exist in the first place if people in place of decisions were working at bettering the world instead of policing it the way they do, and coming with the idea of putting up such a system.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Thank you corp-gov bot for your insights. Your corporatist apologist input is noted and understood.

LMFAO!!!! Corp-gov bot???!?!?! HAHAHAHA

Yeah... next time I post on one of your threads and I offer another point of view.. i will expect you to start name calling and generally being a douche.

I am neither pro nor anti police mate... there a nice ones and then there are nasty ones. IMHO the people actually make matters worse by agitating police and assuming that they ALL nasty horrible people.

As an avid protester for human rights and a person who ACTUALY attended the scotland anti G8 protest a few years ago.. us peacefull protesters.. dont like morons ruining our protests by over shadowing it with there own violent and hate filled agenda's.. which in turn ruins the entire process and undermines the point of the whole deal.

The anti g8 march was completely over shadowed by idiots ripping down a macdonalds restaraunt and smashing up an entire out of town shopping precinct... because.... da da daaaaaa.. lots of idiots assumed that the cops were all against them.

I am on the fence with this one... its just that i can see the positives .. without the over the top "big brother" "I robot" johny 5 is alive kinda crap.

Back to the topic.... Its like you think this is gonna turn into terminator the movie or something?!?! quite simply a scifi story and nothing more.

Dont make posts if your not prepared to accept other peoples points of view.. as if you do.. your just a troll and nothing more.

I rest mine on the handlebars of my bmx!

Lots of love.. w3nd1g0

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Let's not talk about cops who start or help amplify riots while disguised as your everyday Joe to justify implementation of the types of systems described in the OP...

On a side note, as I say very often, many problems of society wouldn't exist in the first place if people in place of decisions were working at bettering the world instead of policing it the way they do, and coming with the idea of putting up such a system.

There is nothing wrong with "policing".. there is plenty wrong with "bad cops" and "nasty cops" and "personal vendeter cops".... but in my experience the most of them are just doing there jobs and arent complete d**ks about it.

Fair enough... america has a worse run at it than the uk or australia.. but meh... ive have seen plenty of people giving nice american cops an uber hard time on youtube and they cry brutality when they clearly lead the situation to that in the first place.

The government sets the laws... the police enforce it.. they can either quit if they dont agree or follow orders. I find it hard to blame the cops for everything .. i find it easier to attack the gov directly.

Back on topic... violence is a crime and should be policed.. if this system makes that easier.. then why the hell not. to think its going to chase randoms around the globe in a moviesque manner is laughable IMHO.

peace

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I would not be surprised to see the cameras later spray painted by our youth.

They call it the "resistance", I call it freedom.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

There is nothing wrong with "policing".. there is plenty wrong with "bad cops" and "nasty cops" and "personal vendeter cops".... but in my experience the most of them are just doing there jobs and arent complete d**ks about it.

there is a lot wrong with policing at protests, i have in the past done a lot of protesting in the uk. the police are a political tool, nothing else. they are not even there to upho cld the law. I have seen them standing in lines with there ID numbers removed. I have seen them smash asd break peoples arms for sitting down, I have seen them cut ropes on peeps and them fall 15 foot to the ground and be carted off in ambulance, later to be arrested. what for.. being a peaceful protester...
i know where they stick their policing...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

I don't know where you are from mate but in the US there are cameras on every street corner in every little town. The Feds here paid every local community to instal the cameras. Add to this the ones on banks, atms, office buildings and government buildings and just about every store and tie them to a AI that can track people from camera to camera and use advanced behavior profiling software is going to be abused by corporatist.

It is not going to bring peace and security it is going to automate tyranny and automate the surveillance state. If you have another opinion fine but I will tell you that it is not very well thought out to its conclusion. This system will be abused you can count on it.

edit on 24-6-2011 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The IA tech that is currently in existance is very basic indeed.. and we are soo far away from that goal its rediculous

Don't assume this. When I was in the Navy back in the early 80's, our technology was 10 years ahead of what the public knew about. I can't imagine how advanced they are now.

new topics

top topics

join