It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Christianity does turn out to be the right religion...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

He was still a man, or do you think he was something else?

If Jesus has human parent He'd have no claim to divinity. If Jesus incarnated without any human parents He couldn't have been a "Goel", or "kinsman redeemer". (Think about the Ruth/Boaz story)

Also if Jesus was the son of David, or from that lineage, he would have gotten it from his father, meaning Joseph.

Mary was also from the house of David. Joseph was not the father of Jesus. Jesus created the known universe. Jesus spoke to Moses from the burning bush. Jesus spoke to Joshua outside the city walls of Jericho (Joshua 5). Jesus told Abraham and Sarah that they would conceive a son. Jesus stood with Shadrach and Mishach in the fiery furnace. Jesus wrestled with Jacob all night on Mt. Moriah. He's the great I AM, the Alpha and Omega, the Aleph and the Tau.

edit on 25-6-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

No, you're completely missing the point. There's nothing to discuss if it is proven. You're in a forum for religion asking for proof for each assumption.

Not to mention in a thread who's topic is under the assumption that Christianity is "proved right" et cetra.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

It's quite simple actually, think of it like this: Let's say you go to the Horse Track and you know, 100% without a doubt, who is going to win. Will you bet all of your money on the losing Horse? No! You'll bet it all on the Horse that's going to win. Same with God. He knows who'll follow him to their deaths, and who will not. He's chosen His champions since before they were born. Why bother with those who would never believe even if they stood in front of His face?

Why bother letting them live at all, just so they could go to hell? If God already knew long before any of us were born which would go to heaven,and which would not, seems like a total waste of time ,and a lot of suffering. Why not just fast forward to the end ? And why bother to pray for someones salvation? Its already predetermined.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well I hope for all of you that one day you wake up and actually think about your religion, and realize that Christianity makes zero sense, 'The belief that some cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you telepathically accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree'

God in the OT is obviously just the agenda of the rulers of that time. That's why it condones rape, sex slaves, slavery, murder, and more. "God told us to go pillage that town" "God said I should be king" ect...

All knowing, all powerful beings do not make mistakes like the creation of satan, or demons

Even if he did why didn't he fix it immediately instead of allowing all this pain and suffering that the devil's supposedly responsible for.

I do not believe god is deciding the eternal fate of each soul by who, or what they believe, and if he is than he sounds like the evil one.

Instead of volunteering two hours a week, you either think god would rather you be at church every Sunday, you think prayer is just as effective, or the honest answer that most of you just don't give a ****.

Christians, Jews, and Muslims need to realize this simple logic NOW. You belong to evil religions and they are tearing this world apart, and now more than ever we need to come together.
edit on 25-6-2011 by BlackStar99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

'The belief that some cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you telepathically accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree'

Care to source that, we all know it's not your material.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
There is no original source, and I know that it's not mine.

That's why it's quoted...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackStar99

1. There is an original source.
2. Doesn't matter if it's quoted or not if there is no source.
3. Source the place you copy/pasted it from, that will suffice.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Mary was also from the house of David. Joseph was not the father of Jesus.
You are making a statement of fact and what you back it up with is a retelling of things God has done in the past, leaving us to assume that since God could have, then He did.
Did you get that from the same book with the Talmud reference?

If Jesus has human parent He'd have no claim to divinity.
This sort of thinking nullifies you other premise.

edit on 25-6-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If Christianity..............la la..........dance on into paganism.

Why because if you research your bible you will find that Genesis 1 - 11 is based on Adapa and the South Wind,
Athahasis, The Epic of Gilgamesh and The Enuma Elish.(Walter RWM de la Torre)

Genesis motifs and characters, God Adam, Eve, the Serpent and Noah are adaptions of characters and events occurring in earlier times in the Near East myths. In some cases several characters and motifs from different myths have been brought together and amalgamated into Genesis stories.

The Hebrew scribes were galvanising the people and so they were combining old themes and putting new twists to old ideas. W G Lamberts research indicated that at times "reversals" occurred in the Hebrew transformation and re-interpretation of the Mesopotamiam myths eg

In the Babylonian myth the Serpent is Ningishzida whom is a friend to Adapa who helps him in his search for immortality. In Genesis the Serpent is turned into an enemy of Adam trying to trick him out of the chance to understand good and evil by developing a moral sense and thus becoming fully human.

The Ancient Hebrew scribes underhandidly adopted a worldview in which the universe was created perfect, but degenerateed to the point where God had to initiate the largest genocide in history killing every person from newborn to the elderly in the Noah flood. This act has singularly qualified their existence since then.

The Pagan Mesopotanean view was simply that earth had gradually improved since creation. You take your pick.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

. . .combining old themes and putting new twists to old ideas.
Compaired to what? Babylon itself was something new in its time, so things are relative. There were older cultures the Babylonians borrowed from and the people of Palestine were on the fringe of a sea-going Phoenician empire that would have transferred lots of old stories from here and there, some that would have been absorbed into the Hebrew lore. There is probably little or none original material in the Old Testament, and it could be the result of a lot of re-branding of borrowed material that sounded pretty good and would fit into what would amount to an impressive past worthy of a great nation which they aspired to be, though contemporaries do not even differentiate them from Canaanites.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I apologize, on a Droid cell phone. What I meant to say which went along with Jesus not having a human parent was " had Jesus only had human parents He would have no claim to divinity".

That was my error in typing my thoughts.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

So God was the biological father of Jesus?
You don't remember all the references from Jesus (and Paul) how he existed before the incarnation?
That's what makes him the Son of God, not that he was genetically derived and his person-hood sprung from that.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by BlackStar99

1. There is an original source.
2. Doesn't matter if it's quoted or not if there is no source.
3. Source the place you copy/pasted it from, that will suffice.

1. Of course there's an original source, but I have no idea where it is.
2. It does matter, because you're making it seem like I stole it.
3. I didn't c/p I read it years ago and by some miracle am still able to remember a couple sentences
4. Quit nitpicking it's childish

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

So Simeon, directed by the Spirit, came into the temple courts, and when the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for him what was customary according to the law,

So the child’s father and mother were amazed at what was said about him

Now Jesus’ parents went to Jerusalem every year for the feast of the Passover.

But when the feast was over, as they were returning home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem. His parents did not know it,

When his parents saw him, they were overwhelmed.

Look, your father and I have been looking for you anxiously.

Yet his parents did not understand the remark he made to them.

Why did they not understand?
My guess would be that it did not appear that he would have been anything but the son of his apparent father, just as later, the people in Nazareth recognized him as being the son of the carpenter.
They did not say, "You know, I always thought there was something peculiar about that boy and never thought he could actually be related to that carpenter."

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Read that same passage fron the KJB. The clowns at Alexandria removed any reference to the divinity of Christ fro the Textus Sinaticus and Textus Vaticanus that all modern versions rely upon. Westcott and Hort were self-described heretics who denied Christ's divinity too.

What does that same passage say in the KJB?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

So God was the biological father of Jesus?
You don't remember all the references from Jesus (and Paul) how he existed before the incarnation?
That's what makes him the Son of God, not that he was genetically derived and his person-hood sprung from that.

And John. Did you miss my earlier post to you in regards to the above questions? At the incarnation Jesus added humanity to His divinity.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So Jesus existed before he was born on the earth, then somehow he left that existence and became an embryo? Did he shrink himself or something? While an embryo, did he know who he was or remember his past life? Did he remember his past life as an adult? If so, at what point did he begin to remember who he had been previously? Sounds a lot like reincarnation. Then, after he died, he came back to life again in a new body. Was this new body the same body he had before he became an embryo or did he get a brand new body? And if he got a brand new body, did the old testament Jesus not exist anymore as this is the new testament Jesus? Man that's confusing.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

. . .did the old testament Jesus not exist anymore . . .
The incarnation, that means he became flesh, as in previously he was not flesh, and would have been some sort of spirit being.
I am not so sure about whether he appears in the Old Testament as another character such as the Archangel Michael. If so, it is not that clear but generally speaking, the future Jesus, the Son of God, would have been hanging out near where the presence of God would be associated with, such as a heavenly temple.
I imagine that the child Jesus was aware enough of his earlier existance and would have definite memories of God. I think it would have taken some time to come to a full appreciation of what all the implications of it were.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

]The incarnation, that means he became flesh, as in previously he was not flesh, and would have been some sort of spirit being.

Didn't Noturtypical say that it was Jesus who wrestled Jacob? If so, how did Jacob wrestle a spirit being? I thought spirits were not tangible.

I am not so sure about whether he appears in the Old Testament as another character such as the Archangel Michael. If so, it is not that clear but generally speaking, the future Jesus, the Son of God, would have been hanging out near where the presence of God would be associated with, such as a heavenly temple.
I imagine that the child Jesus was aware enough of his earlier existance and would have definite memories of God. I think it would have taken some time to come to a full appreciation of what all the implications of it were.

...and this is perfectly believable?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I am not so sure about whether he appears in the Old Testament as another character such as the Archangel Michael.

No, when Jesus appeared prior to incarnation He was referred to as an "Angel of the Lord". I gave the examples above.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join