It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News.. Brownsville Levee Near Cooper Nuclear Plant in Nebraska Just Broke! Here We Go !!!!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
My aunt just sent me some pictures of the flooding first hand...she is right there in the area and I asked her to grab some pictures for me...so give me a couple minutes and I will size them and post some fresh pics of the scene.

They are pretty amazing IMO.

Edit: Nevermind...I see there are already a bunch of pictures...oh well.
edit on 25-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

This is one...but I think this is off a new station or something...this is not one she took.
edit on 25-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I can agree that there is a lot of fear-mongering that takes place here, but how do we seperate the fear-mongers from those like me who simply point out the potential implications?

I have been called a fear-monger for just saying that this could be pretty bad if the worst case scenario comes to fruition. There is a difference.

Also, I agree with the overall point of the article you linked, but I find one part quite funny:

The hyperspeed of reporting around the world by everyone from average citizens to professional journalists makes the danger of inaccuracies higher. The constant corrections about the circumstances surrounding Osama bin Laden's death is but one recent example, he said.

Then they quote someone as saying this:

Jacqui Banaszynski, who teaches journalism at the University of Missouri, said news consumers should seek several trusted sources of information, rather than a single Tweet or YouTube video.

From what I understand, it was a tweet by a Pakistani man who first broke out with the news of OBL! Yes, we have to seperate the wheat from the chaffe but when you are predisposed to be untrustworty of the MSM, and consider links such as the one you offered to be propaganda, how do we find the truth?

What you're asking me to do is to not trust any source at any time, at all. But I think sites like ATS and it's members have been good at quelling the fear-mongers, for the most part, and looking at facts before creating a "doomsday" event aound the entire issue.

Do we speculate, yes......but we do not tell people to run for the hills and blow it out proportion without looking at the reality of the facts.

edit on 25-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

So looking for info I checked the official site: www.nppd.com... and the video just maybe someone was saying the big problem will be the roads closed? media.nppd.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Floods spur wild rumours of nuclear plant perils in Nebraska

I like the advice they give at the end - some here could do with taking note.

yet another bla-bla-crap scribblie: we're entombed in hella deep mess, but Everything is Hockey

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
here is the webpage of the Omaha public power district that they set up to answer all the unfounded rumors on the plants safety.

www.oppd.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by youallcrazy

Far better to take a look Once, then to listen dozens upon dozens sh#tty words

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

far better to take the word of people who know how a nuclear power plant operates than some guy on the internet

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
More bad news guys. I just saw on Yahoo news front page that a secondary levee in Iowa has failed and water is now blocking a highway and the bridge to Blair, Nebraska.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kissitgoodbye

news.yahoo.com...
link just above fort Calhoun thanks, to whoever sincerely
and link to gauge just right there also you can find fort Calhoun on the west bank just to the south
edit on 25-6-2011 by donlashway because: another link
water.weather.gov...,1,1,1,1,1,1,1&toggles=10,7,8,2,9,15,6&type=0
edit on 25-6-2011 by donlashway because: the link

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

and the videographer took allot of time to show us the water isn't just sitting there it's moving flowing eroding anything in it's path

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

watch the raw video and see what they might have been trying to say
in japan they at least set up live web cams, or do they only do that after problems?

edit on 25-6-2011 by donlashway because: a thought, maybe thinking too much

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
"Remain calm...all is well"(From Animal House/Kevin Bacon)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I posted that link a while back and they said the same thing to me. It's almost like they're disappointed that this isn't the disaster they said it would be.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by youallcrazy
reply to post by SarK0Y

far better to take the word of people who know how a nuclear power plant operates than some guy on the internet

Just watch how those morons know so much
Actually, all BWR & PWR reactors of old design have to be completely decommissioned. there is no safety at all. Great Disaster with'em is Just Matter of Coming Time.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kissitgoodbye
More bad news guys. I just saw on Yahoo news front page that a secondary levee in Iowa has failed and water is now blocking a highway and the bridge to Blair, Nebraska.

they deliberately have destroyed levees to reduce water level at plants. occasionally broken levees cannot be sued

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Please, shut down Cooper Nuclear plant just in case. The risk outweighs the need.

www.nppd.com...

If Cooper Nuclear Station is shutdown due to flooding, will NPPD be able to meet its customer demand for electricity?

Yes, NPPD relies on a diverse mix of power plants across the state to generate electricity. These power plants use a variety of fuel types ranging from nuclear, to coal, natural gas, hydro, oil, wind and solar. Each of these generating plants also provide a different level of electricity output, but are used in combination to serve customers’ electricity needs in NPPD’s service area. If Cooper Nuclear Station is shutdown, NPPD will rely on generation from another operable power station. Depending on price, NPPD may choose to start-up or increase the output of one of its other generating plants or purchase the energy from the wholesale power market

The petition:
www.thepetitionsite.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I saw the maps for the Agenda 21 project a couple of years ago. The map showed how the masses would be herded to certain areas. There was a 5 year plan, a ten year plan and a 20 year plan. Everything would be done incrementally.

When I see news like this and the possible hazards that could accompany these disasters, I think back to that map because my first thought when I first laid eyes on the barren looking map was to wonder...how do "they" intend to achieve this?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by youallcrazy
here is the webpage of the Omaha public power district that they set up to answer all the unfounded rumors on the plants safety.

www.oppd.com...

Greetings:

Great! Now we can peruse the originals.
www.citizen-times.com

Jun. 25, 2011

(...)
Operators of the Fort Calhoun and Cooper plants and the federal agency that regulate them say the reactors are flood-proof, are in no danger of leaking, and extra precautions have been taken.

OK. Something to remember - flood-proof.

The incident that apparently ignited the blogosphere controversy appears to be rooted in a June 7 electrical fire in a switchgear room at Fort Calhoun. That [color=limegreen]fire disrupted cooling systems for 90 minutes, which critics said threatened to result in a radiation leak.

(...)

The Cooper nuclear plant, near Brownville, issued an alert on June 19 known as a "notification of unusual event" advising the agency that the river was rising near the plant. At one point, the Missouri River came within 18 inches of forcing the Cooper plant to shut down, but it is still operating.

For those keeping score - 18" to shut-down on June 19.

Where was the water at that date? ? feet = ? feet above flood stage = 18" to shut-down.

And now, from Omaha Public Power District (OPPD)

Flood Rumor Control
Following are responses to flood-related rumors that OPPD has heard about.
In a cable television news clip that is widely circulating on the Internet, a wide array of topics related to Fort Calhoun Station is discussed. We hope this background information may be helpful to put comments in context.

Rumor: A National Weather Service (NWS) river gauge malfunction is affecting safety at Fort Calhoun Station. Not true.

• First, Fort Calhoun Station has its own river gauge, and is not reliant on NWS gauges.

• Second, the use of any river gauge would be to determine when to shut down the plant. Fort Calhoun already was shut down for refueling.

Well, isn't this just ducky? Classic Cointelpro doublespeak gobbledegook - nothing!
Do they read the same?

Rumor: Water in the spent fuel pool came close to boiling.

• The temperature of the water surrounding and above Fort Calhoun’s fuel and spent fuel is and has been around 80 degrees.

• Even when the spent fuel pool pumps were not circulating water for about an hour and a half, temperature only rose about two degrees.

Why has no one brought up the question of WHY there was no circulating water for 90 minutes? Is it true that BOTH supposedly [color=limegreen]fail-safe back-up pumps failed? There seems to be a pattern here...

Rumor: A no-fly zone was set up around Fort Calhoun Nuclear Station because of a release of radiation, similar to what happened with the Fukushima reactors in Japan.

• There has been no release of radioactivity at Fort Calhoun Station due to the flooding and none is expected.

• The flight restrictions were set up by the FAA as a result of Missouri river flooding.

• OPPD’s extensive, preplanned actions to protect the FCS reactor and spent-fuel pool from the floodwaters have been effective.

• The reactor is housed in a watertight containment building, and is in a normal and safe “cold shutdown” condition, covered by more than 23 feet of purified reactor coolant water.

• In addition, OPPD has installed Aqua Dams® and other berms around such vital equipment and buildings at the FCS site.

Actually, there are various interpretations of why the no-fly zone exists.

1) The flight restrictions were set up by the FAA as a result of Missouri river flooding.

2) Federal Aviation Administration was asked to remind pilots that airspace around nuclear plants has been restricted since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. They said news helicopters repeatedly ignored the rules after the electrical fire at Fort Calhoun.

3) The flight restrictions were set up by the FAA as a result of aircraft flying "too close" over plant and officials were concerned about them hitting the high-tension electrical lines.

4) The report goes on to say President Barack Obama has ordered news organizations not to report the accident and imposed a "no-fly" zone over the plant because of radiation leaks from "a near catastrophic meltdown."

All possible and plausible explanations, although confusing, not a sure sign of a conspiracy and cover-up, IMHO.

Reported by various sources, including:
dmjuice.desmoinesregister.com/article/20110625/NEWS/.../1001/NEWS

How's this for an attention-getting headline?

El Qaeda and nuke plant news blackout? - Topix
... the Fort Calhoun plant near Blair, Neb., which it described as "one of the worst" in U.S. history. The report goes on to say President Barack Obama has ordered news organizations not to report the accident and imposed a "no-fly" zone over the plant because of radiation leaks from "a near catastrophic meltdown." ...
www.topix.com/forum/city/brattleboro-vt/

Disclaimer:
Only in the interest of clarifying seemingly muddy waters (pun intended) is this information presented and perhaps this will help us to understand this precarious position that we, the people face together.

In Peace, Love & Light
tfw

edit on 25/6/2011 by thorfourwinds because: lynx

edit on 25/6/2011 by thorfourwinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

how many f*cking sh#t else must be done & made to turn brains on??? Gulf of Mexico, Fukushima have been too trifle de-facto!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I had a discussion just today about this event...

The army corps of engineers had ample time to open gates to prevent the waters from reaching these levels. But instead they were doing what?

Certainly not entertaining this?

edit on (6/25/1111 by loveguy because:

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join