It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News.. Brownsville Levee Near Cooper Nuclear Plant in Nebraska Just Broke! Here We Go !!!!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Doh I was still asleep, mixed up Brownville and Blair for the Map
edit on 25-6-2011 by otakugenx because: Doh I was still asleep, mixed up Brownville and Blair

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by otakugenx
reply to post by jonco6

That was not the placement for Cooper, Fort Calhoun yes, but cooper is a ways north of there.

where is the active power plant. IS that downstream. how far away is it from the one that is flooded.?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u

Originally posted by otakugenx
reply to post by jonco6

That was not the placement for Cooper, Fort Calhoun yes, but cooper is a ways north of there.

where is the active power plant. IS that downstream. how far away is it from the one that is flooded.?

edit on 25-6-2011 by otakugenx because: (no reason given)

The Active plant is 3 miles south of Brownville Nebraska, sorry I made a mistake and mixed up Brownville and Blair. :-)
edit on 25-6-2011 by otakugenx because: (no reason given)

First Pic is Ft Calhoun, Second is Cooper
Pictures
edit on 25-6-2011 by otakugenx because: Added Pics

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The flooding at Brownsville has been downgraded to Moderate Flooding (from Major Flooding) with water below 43 Ft. at the moment.

NOAA

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by otakugenx

Ok I was pretty sure i had it right lol if ft col goes they have something like 20 years worth of spent fuel rods stored in cooling tanks or something like that its a lot more than cooper.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
the midwest is doommed.. SO, how would you like your skin. rare, medium or EXTRA CRISPY. I predict the rise in cancer patients in and around the area will be up 50%. Elites are getting their wish. Killing us off with cancer. THINNING THE HERD. Depopulation by radio active leaks caused by floods that later caused a deadly VIRUS OUTBREAK that kills 85% of the worlds population.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

If you believe that, I have an ocean-side condo on Nibiru that you can time-share with me. Money up front!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

yes its cooper that is active and its down stream from the breach but as long as the cooling and other equipment dosnt fail their wont be a prob except for the sludge dump witch could be radioactive some sites are claiming dew to other plants like it had radiation in the sludge but we are american and we usually get lucky so
edit on 25-6-2011 by jonco6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u

Originally posted by illuminatiDpress
what kind of idiots store spent fuel rods in a flood zone, didnt we spend 50 trillion to excavate Yuka mountain for that...what a bunch of losers run the world.

The same kind of idiots that will use radiation, CANCER to get rid of the population.

You mean everyone involved in the coal industry then

btw not sure if this has been posted? Or is it just not the sort of story we want on ATS?

Floods spur wild rumours of nuclear plant perils in Nebraska

I like the advice they give at the end - some here could do with taking note.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I agree thats a good thing to read but wasnt that writen before the breach? I know about ft col but what of cooper if it came with in inches as the site you posted says how close did it come after the breach?
Iam sure thats fine for ats it says pretty much what ats is about not taking what you hear at face value find sorces and check them out or post them so others can eventually the post will come to a concensus on what is the most likely or plasable answer as to what is going on it seams to be able to do that before the msm and their for is a usable tool. but yes some times people need reminded of how its suposto work. star for you
edit on 25-6-2011 by jonco6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I have been looking for good reliable news, not the consumer designer stuff, sometimes someone will let a little extra slip into a news report; a hint a lead, something that will releive their consence of guilt for what they have been forced to take part in. ATS is open and maybe people can post here freely, if you dig through the bs enough to find it.

edit on 25-6-2011 by donlashway because: can't spell

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Thanks for the post and the link. I read that link and it conflicts on some issues with what was being reported on WOWT, the Omaha NBC affiliate a few days earlier. One area was regarding the no fly zone. The operator of the Calhoun plant previously said that he had the "no fly zone" put up to prevent amateur pilots coming near the plant to see what was going on and crash into the facility. "He said he didn't need that right now". Now he says that there was NEVER a no fly zone! BS! I probably wouldn't believe everything that the NRC is saying right now either. What else are they lying about?('
')

Please continue to keep your eyes open for articles like this. When we can compare what was said before and what is being said now, you can get a better picture of the "underground media damage control" they are doing. Great Post! Stay Safe Everybody and my thoughts and prayers are with those affected by these disasters.('
')
edit on 25-6-2011 by kissitgoodbye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
There are all kinds of reasons for the "no fly zone" right now. If I'm not mistaken, it was first put into place on June 6th, about the time of the small fire that broke out inside the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Station. Then on June 23rd all federal agencies were supposed to participate in a national emergency preparedness exercise called "Eagle Horizon 2011" that ironically enough was supposed to be planned around a "nuclear scenario". They've had this exercise planned for a long time. This is probably why the Intelhub website is showing a link to an Egyptian website which shows the plans for a disaster at the plant. Originally, I thought they were planning an exercise around a nuclear terror threat, but it looks like they've been planning it around this plant the whole time.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I know there are many reasons for the "no fly zone" to be in effect. My issue is that TP that B are now saying that there is NO "no fly zone" over the nuke plants according to the link that ESSAN provided. There definitely was one so they are either lying or not getting it straight.

Thanks for the post. Lots of good info! Stay Safe

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kissitgoodbye

The rumor was that the no-fly zone had been put in place because of radiation leaks, when in fact it had been put in place by the FAA because of the flooding.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kissitgoodbye

I know there are many reasons for the "no fly zone" to be in effect. My issue is that TP that B are now saying that there is NO "no fly zone" over the nuke plants according to the link that ESSAN provided. There definitely was one so they are either lying or not getting it straight.

Thanks for the post. Lots of good info! Stay Safe

To say that there wasn't a no fly zone is easy to discredit. Here's a link to the Federal Aviation Administration's website showing them. They started on June 6th & 7th and are still in effect.

tfr.faa.gov...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Thanks for the link. I knew that too, but don't know how to provide links. I appreciate your contribution to this thread to keep it accurate and up to date.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kissitgoodbye

If you're talking about the link Essan posted up there then they never said there wasn't a no-fly zone, they said:

The report goes on to say President Barack Obama has ordered news organizations not to report the accident and imposed a "no-fly" zone over the plant because of radiation leaks from "a near catastrophic meltdown."

www.citizen-times.com...

The no-fly zone was not put in place by Obama and it was not put in place due to radiation leaks, so what they said is right.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
In my opinion, here's the map to watch in relation to Missouri River water levels and Blair, NE which is in Washington County along with the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Station. I hope it posts the entire link when I paste it!

140.90.113.194...,1,1,1,1,1,1,1&toggles=10,7,8,2,9,15,6

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Thank you for the link, I have seen that graph, but did not have a link. That does look like a good thing to watch regarding the current situation.

At least they are able to move people out of the way of the flooding, and I sincerely hope everyone there is alright

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join