It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LulzSec Releases Arizona Law Enforcement Data In Retaliation For Immigration Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

LulzSec Releases Arizona Law Enforcement Data In Retaliation For Immigration Law

techcrunch.com

We are releasing hundreds of private intelligence bulletins, training manuals, personal email correspondence, names, phone numbers, addresses and passwords belonging to Arizona law enforcement. We are targeting AZDPS specifically because we are against SB1070 and the racial profiling anti-immigrant police state that is Arizona.

The documents classified as “law enforcement sensitive”, “not for public distribution”, and “for official use only” are primarily related to border patrol and counter-terrorism operations and describe the use of informants to infiltrate various gangs, car
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Not being in the USA i'm not that well versed in the Arizona immigration law, but this seems like a real case of directing the attack at the wrong people and not the people that are making the laws that these cops are just carrying out.

Not to mention putting peoples lives at risk and compromising legitimate police investigations.

Does lulzsec have anyones support on this?

techcrunch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I think these attacks are going to bring about draconian internet laws and privacy invasions.

So If they are real, they are not helping at this point...

There is a big "IF" here - "IF" these "hackers" are really hackers and not spaghetti agencies.

And IF they are real, then the spaghetti agencies are probably doing these things too...

In the end WE are the ones getting screwed.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Yes I tend to agree with you, I don't really see who these multiple attacks lately are harming apart from normal working guys, they certainly don;t seem to be that successful at bringing down businesses or making governments fold under their "immense pressure"

I don't know if it is coordinated to bring in some tough internet laws but it certainly seems like that may well be a byproduct

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
what if lulzsec just got hacked by real hackers? and they performed a false flag operation to make lulzsec look like a bunch of buttholes? In all honesty, I dont think lulzsec would fight for illegal immigrants and drug gangs. We all know arizona has been a target of the feds for this. I smell something fishy.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I think there's already a thread about this..

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
These hackers are becoming quite a high-profile nuisance these days.

First - this group of hackers just doesn't seem to get the concept of immigration. There's a difference between an immigrant and someone here illegally.

Anyway - I've said it before, rather than have "draconian internet control" that sucks up billions of dollars and has all the same shining successes that the Chinese FireWall has - we should simply have counter-hacker groups that trace and identify groups like we trace and identify terrorist groups and cells.

The CIA did this with a number of influential groups back in the 70s and 80s - as did the FBI. They got operatives into the mix with various religious fanatics, business tycoons, etc - and had a pretty good idea of who was who in whoville, and what they were up to.

Same with these hacker groups. Track them - monitor them, and keep this kind of nonsense from happening. Bust some doors down and make arrests if necessary. If they live in another country - send the special operations forces in. If other countries have a problem with it - tell them to keep their back yards from stinking up ours and we won't have to.

That, and actually let the contracted network consultants be listened to and their advise regarding the security of government information systems be listened to....

Same with the TSA - sure, have a no-weapons policy for airplanes and put some chemical sniffers and metal detectors at checkpoints... then put agents on planes who will knock the hell out of any terrorists who are stupid enough to try something. This whole "fly naked" or "internet security bill" stuff is just getting out of hand. You can't build an impermeable wall of defense - you have to have a dynamic response to these types of issues. It's what we've found in the military while playing police officer in foreign nations: people walking the beat and interacting with the public tends to boost public opinion and reduce the likelihood of bad things happening - while holing up in bases tends to draw mortar fire and car bombs.

Same thing with the internet. Trying to lock the whole thing up like some kind of fortress won't work. Commission some cyber ninjas to pop out of the monitor at these assholes turning the internet into a war zone so that the rest of us can have our internet and not have to worry about kill switches, HAL 9000, or whatever.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Already a news thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Gahhh, I did search but I obviously didnt do it well enough

Sorry all, please remove

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Lulzsec just got paid by China and the druglords. Why would I put China in there. You can read this post from the other thread. www.abovetopsecret.com... And then remeber China is the source of chemicals for the druglords.
Zhenli Ye Gon
en.wikipedia.org...
Some of the money he was making.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Gahhh, I did search but I obviously didnt do it well enough

Sorry all, please remove

The subject lines are different, it happens.

Don't remove, redirect, there are some good responses in this thread, be a shame to just throw them away.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Don't remove, redirect, there are some good responses in this thread, be a shame to just throw them away.

I agree this is the better of the 3 threads
This one: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Second: www.abovetopsecret.com... (the longest, with 2 pages)
Third: www.abovetopsecret.com... (posted this morning when it hit MSM)
CNN article: www.cnn.com...

In my mind, these guys are just hacking wherever they can find holes in the system, and making up the reason later.

It seems like they're not out to wake anyone up (as the original Anon message intended), but instead just want to prove to other hackers what they're capable of (I'm really not impressed Lulz, hit walmart and we'll talk)

While I still believe in attempting to educate and waking people up, I have no faith in either of these groups. And after reading some of the response comments on CNN, we got a lot of work ahead of us on the "waking up" front....

If your main concern is the internet getting policed or shut down - get over it
I am actually all for the shut down of the internet to get people to wake up

A brilliant post in another thread comes to mind - it was quite a long post but the beginning alone is great advice (if you got time to read it all, I highly recommend it)

TheIrvy
My personal warning would be to watch out for those who seek to take advantage of this feeling. They want to capitalise on those feelings of loneliness and fear and there are many here who claim to be awake, but have in fact just been roused into half awake, half asleep, and many of those people end up swapping one prison for another.
Source: I want to go back to sleep!!!!

And as far as policing - thats been going on for as long as I can remember - so welcome to a little bit of awareness - you're waking up to it is all

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Lulzsec is kind of turning into a new wikileaks, i see a pattern here.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
A personal and senseless attack on common people... cops families.
..and in Arizona? a bit close to the mexican hornets nest.. wouldnt you say? alot of scores to settle in the burbs?

Wait for facebook to get hacked.. then the party starts!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The reality of the Arizona Immigration "issue" is that border states are OVERRUN with Illegal immigrants! This is a double edged sword because the Officers are being trained to treat people in inhumane ways and then any REAL progress in the battle with Illegals is being impeded by crap legislation and ignorant reports by the MSM. The people of border states are abused and when real Illegals are found they are often not taken care of properly.

I assume this is an effort by the establishment to corrupt our citizen base with undocumented peoples and then to oppress the citizens with abusive practice, legislation unfounded guilt.

new topics

top topics

join