It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to UN : recognize Palestine and we cut funding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Not that the US should be funding the UN in the first place... and that it would ACTUALLY happen... since the UN is the love child of the elite... and the elite controls the US.

But still, the threat really shows that the US government is infested with Israel boot lickers.

US Envoy: Congress will punish UN if it recognizes Palestine

Discussing the possibility that a resolution recognizing a Palestinian state could pass the General Assembly in September, she [Rice] said, “And this would be exceedingly politically damaging in our domestic context, as you can well imagine. And I cannot frankly think of a greater threat to our ability to maintain financial and political support for the United Nations in congress than such an outcome.”

Of course Republicans would try to kill funding for the UN because of this. It will be a hard choice for them... decide between their zionist masters or their globalist masters.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Just to be fair though as a sign of future cooperation could the Palestinian leadership recognize Israel as a nation first? Or like have a big press conference with Israeli PM and they both announce it at the same time.

They could do it exactly at the same time and be all like " JINX YOU OWE ME A COKE" ahahahhahhaaa. After that they would skip away holding hands and stuff it would be awesome.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If Palestinian government can stop Hezbollah and other terrorists from attacking Israel first then I'm all for them being recognised as a state. Until then, sorry but I'll always support Israel more than Palestine.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Wow! Just wow. Israeli bootlickers is right. So much for the US being "a champion of human rights" but then we already knew that was a farce (what with DU weapons and all those dead civilians and children left in the wake of our war zones.) Still, wow.

Curious7:

If Palestinian government can stop Hezbollah and other terrorists from attacking Israel first then I'm all for them being recognised as a state. Until then, sorry but I'll always support Israel more than Palestine.

Not saying that Hezbollah is lily white and innocent but I think Palestinians would be much more willing to not react violently if they weren't figuratively and literally backed into a corner and beaten like a street animal. If Israel would open up the borders, not control the water and other resources, and generally not run an apartheid state they wouldn't incite so much violence against themselves. That's just my opinion though.

edit on 23-6-2011 by coyotepoet because: quote and response

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Wasn't groups such as Hezbollah & other terrorist groups that target Israel created on the basis of Israel, being a created as an independent state? No, it's not that I'm against it, but I am against the way in which it was done.

Please do not forget the Balfour Declaration, the letter addressed to the Rothschild family, which just (imo purposefully) further induced this police state (which is what it is, do your research, USA are shown to act upon Israel & Mossad's direction & command)

I'm in no way supporting or endorsing the actions of ANY of these groups & people (or anybody that chooses to kill to innocent people to message across)

Unlike you, there's no way I'd choose to support one more so than the other. I just simply recognize & understand Palestine's ideaologies (as well as Israel's, but do not "support" their actions over it)
edit on 23-6-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Time for china to spend some of those useless US treasury bonds.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Absolutely cut off the funds immediately. We need to be out of the UN.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I think if I was a UN ambassador I would have immediately asked for a cost cutting vote on moving the UN HQ to a hotel complex in the Caribbean that had it's own sandy beach

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I think if I was a UN ambassador I would have immediately asked for a cost cutting vote on moving the UN HQ to a hotel complex in the Caribbean that had it's own sandy beach

And if I were the US UN ambassador. I would second your motion and tell you not to let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

So the US is openly "blackmailing" the UN....

Isn't that a criminal act by International Justice standards??

IMO, if this doesn't 100% prove to all, who controls the US then I don't know what will !!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

So you don't think it would be a more honest and cheaper setting?

None of this behind closed doors mega expense we never see for agreements that never seem to work... let them sit on the beach to cast their votes, at least it would show them in a real light and for what they are.

I am sure an entire Island in the Caribbean would be cheaper to run than the UN building costs!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

How can you say "honest" and/or "cheap" when referring to the UN? A more corrupt organization cannot be found anywhere on this earth(though congress is close).

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

AIPAC Chief Warns Obama: Don’t Be Even-Handed With Palestinians
Speaking one day after President Barack Obama’s address to their national conference, AIPAC Executive Director Howard Kohr warned the president against treating both Israel and the Palestinians “even-handedly.”

According to Kohr, treating both sides equally would mean “Israel is authomatically at a disadvantage” and that it would put “Palestinians and Arabs” in a better position. The comments echo Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s angry condemnation of the notion of a return to the 1967 borders.

news.antiwar.com...

I guess Obama got told who is in charge
being fair is antisemitism
well aha
guess who can't do a fair fight...
how kitty

If the US had the balls of the palistinians they could rule the world....
if Israel were to give them permission to

PS

any excuse to welsh on a debt

(Reuters) - The United States owes $1.2 billion to the United Nations, more than a quarter of the payments owed the world body by all member states, a senior U.N. official said on Thursday.

www.reuters.com...
edit on 24-6-2011 by Danbones because: quote and link

edit on 24-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

How can you say "honest" and/or "cheap" when referring to the UN? A more corrupt organization cannot be found anywhere on this earth(though congress is close).

I admit my dig at getting rid of all the pretence surrounding the UN a tiny bit *arms wide* obscure.

It is my opinion that it would cheaper for us to be the ones who buy the booze/pay for their parties (at least we can get economy of scale) and more honest to see them sitting at the beach in their natural environment and doing sod all for us or the world.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
good.

you guys pick up the tab for once.

hey, i'm tapped out.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
give the people a country....

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

What's next... if the American government can stop all murderers and rapists in the country, it will be recognized, but not until then?

Fact is, Palestine government, even Hamas, doesn't control EVERYONE in the area. It's IMPOSSIBLE to do. No country can do it.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

The US needs to cut ties to the UN. Let them sink or swim on their own.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Pay attention to history dammit. They already got a country. "Transjordan" was the original "land for peace deal". It has never worked out though.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

They have 4; Jordan, Lebanon, Syria or Egypt. Keep Israel Jewish and safe.

new topics

top topics

join