It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Vibrations - We Are Creators. We Are Gods.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Just throwing this out there...

I was playing my guitar the other night, and a pretty interesting realization/thought hit me. I started thinking about multiple pieces of literature I have read about consciousness and reality. Many stating that sight, sound, and feeling (our perception of reality) is nothing more than our senses picking up vibrations - sound/light waves etc.

I also starting thinking about how certain frequencies of soundwaves can intermingle with our brain activity and have a direct effect on mood and or thought - theta waves for example.

Then I started thinking about size. Size is strictly relative. Just how big are we? Or how small are we? We know so little about our universe. Maybe it is infinate. Maybe it is not. I think about our relative size to possible sources outside of our universe fairly often - mainly just for the awe-inspiring thought.

Picture the "whos" from The Grinch as a sort of example for what I'm getting at - They live on a snowflake.
Who is to say that our entire universe is no bigger than an atom in perspective to an outside source? (considering a multiverse of course..) At the same time, who is to say that there are not other universes, so small compared to our own, that they are hidden within atoms, undetectable to us.

With that being said, back to the guitar... These thoughts started circling my mind (not for the first time in my life, but for the first time while playing my guitar) while just messing around on the good ol' six string. What possible tiny, undetectable universes could I theoretically be sending vibrations to? What potential consciousnesses (is that a word? ha) could be determined/effected by my creation?

It just made me appreciate pure creativity, and what the true meaning of "creation" is. Creators are synonymous to Gods, are they not? And we all have the potential to be creators.

Just thought I'd share that thought with you all. I found it pretty inspiring, and hope at least someone else out there does as well

Hope you enjoyed reading. Feel free to add your own thoughts/opinions!
edit on 23-6-2011 by deanGI5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Very deep thoughts. Many find it hard to think outside the box because they dont want to be ridiculed or locked up. Keep playing your music and keep sending positive vibes. BTW are you good at playing? Make us a video so we can all enjoy.

peace to you.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by deanGI5

I can dig it, shine on brother!
Good vibes backatya

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by deanGI5

I'm currently studying a Bachelors in Music at uni, looking to do my Masters shortly after it...& one of the required reading books on the course-list is 'World Music: A Very Short Introduction', by Philip V. Bohlman.
It's only a small book, but there were a couplepages in particular that interested me. It was how music was seen way back during Ancient Greek times...It talked about how the ancient philosopher would attribute "music as a connection with God". The page next to it had a cool depiction of the Earth as a weird musical instrument, with the scales & chords running through it & God's hand turning a the crank on the musical instrument (or earth).

If you consider that our bodies are made up of 80% water, and it's been known (read it somewhere a while ago) that we respond through impulses made by different sorts of frequencies (in the same mythological way it was said people turned a little crazier when there was a full moon)
edit on 23-6-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: Book Title & Author

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

Very deep thoughts. Many find it hard to think outside the box because they dont want to be ridiculed or locked up. Keep playing your music and keep sending positive vibes. BTW are you good at playing? Make us a video so we can all enjoy.

Thanks Buford, appreciate the response

Am I good at playing? Every guitarist believes they are good at playing

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Very cool. I'd definitely be interested in checking out the material if you could provide the title and author

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by deanGI5

Speaking in relation to the "we are creators, so we are gods"...

Well, in the Bible (if you wish to accept this as a source) it's said we were created in "his" form...So see it as "him" being the Creator, moulding us into his similar creative form...Sure, we are top of the food chain in this world, but it can be difficult to comprehend the probabilities of us being the #1 dominant force out of thousands...The mathematical, statistical probabilities of us actually being on a habitable planet, perfectly suited to our needs...You can write it off as pure luck & chance from the "Big Bang", or see it as chances being very slim of this normally happening if we're being logical.

So no, we're not Gods. Far from it actually.

But take it as you will

edit on 23-6-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Hey. I dabble with the six string myself. Great points. I've been thinking along the same lines for a while now. I came across this website that you may find interesting. I'm currently reading "The Wave" on this website: cassiopaea.org...
edit on 23-6-2011 by Indigo88 because: I wanted to add something.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Good point. Though in my defense, I wasn't trying to project a God-like ego or anything like that ha.

It's just a far-fetched theory (if you even want to call it theory.. I'd just call it more of an abstract thought I had) that the vibrations/waves we emit may provide consciousness to unknown beings, if that makes any sense. In which case we would be "gods" (under a certain definition) but would not even know that we are

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by deanGI5

Apologies...The book is titled: World Music: A Very Short Introduction, by Philip V. Bohlman.

www.amazon.co.uk...

I have the book somewhere, so I'll definitely try to quote that exact page when I can!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Every single one of us is a creator indeed. No 'ego' in that statement, just simply TRUTH.
We are architects, sculptures, painters, musicians of our lives.
Also, as a guitar player to another guitar player...
ROCK ON!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by deanGI5

Good point. Though in my defense, I wasn't trying to project a God-like ego or anything like that ha.

It's just a far-fetched theory (if you even want to call it theory.. I'd just call it more of an abstract thought I had) that the vibrations/waves we emit may provide consciousness to unknown beings, if that makes any sense. In which case we would be "gods" (under a certain definition) but would not even know that we are

Yeah, you explained your theory perfectly. And I completely agree. Just the thread title is a little mis-leading

The vibrations & frequencies of music & sound in general do generate conscious (& unconscious) affects on many things! Also why subliminal-messaging is so popular with MSM

It may sound surpising (and a little boring), but in my course, we have to study the scientific aspects of music...Things such as; bone structure of the inner-ear - everyday frequencies - frequency waves (sine graphs, etc) - audio & digital analogue.

Everything, but music in particular, gives off vibrations.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Upon further contemplation, as a musician who has experienced, both solo and with bandmates, moments of time where we are not in charge, or absent of intent, and the music takes over leading us onto some transient excursion of wonder and awe that seems almost outside of us. These moments make me think about vibrations and how musicians are an example of being an instrument or conduit of divinity. I use the word divinity not so much as deitish, but as some cosmic creative force, pouring through our expressions, and out to others. I have felt that as a musician, my greatest pleasure is moving others, in a shared experience of sonic journeys. So yes, creating is 'godlike' in the sense of bringing to life something from nothing, so to say. This process is also reflective at times, hence both the beautiful and dark tones of artistic expression, representing an imprint of reality.
As a musician, I recall a real 'light going on moment' for me, and it was something David Gilmore said, "It is just as important to play what you feel as what you think. This opened up an entire new paradigm to trek through, and it was in these realms that I felt a spiritual connection, as did the listeners.

Peace,
spec

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Sounds like you're on the right tune, keep on rocking!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
We have figured out that all is vibration, the next question is, where does that vibration come from? It strange when you think about it. How do we create vibrations? Mostly with our voices.
Hear is a video of Vocal Cords.
www.youtube.com...
Notice the vibration pattern.

What if we are riding a larger entity's voice? To that entity we are small particles, they see us as we see small bugs but do not know that we are creating a whole reality threw their voice. We might be something like blood cells, litterly flowing threw the veins of another being, interpreting vibrations and sending out vibrations to connect with one another and experience the vibrations threw senses. I guess with fractal view in mind you can come up with any thing you want.

I hope you realize the true power of a instrument. It can create a whole universe from the spark of a idea.

new topics

top topics

join