It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Team Fortress 2 now FREE on Steam!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Team Fortress 2 is now available for free on Steam. Download it now and it's yours to keep forever.

If you don't own this game already then get it NOW!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Ahhhhh where's the link?????????? and is it safe to download? I mean it might have viruses

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
store.steampowered.com...

You have to register on Steam and don't worry it's safe, Steam is owned by the company that made the game.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Viruses on steam? Errr...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

How long will it be free?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Forever.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
OP: Thanks for the info, I'm a big fan of steam and team fortress, was going to wait until the reduce the price a bit but this will speed things up =)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

Sorry although I heard of Steam I'm not very into video games at the moment: My parents frown upon it.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Awesome thanks!!

Great heads up... I used to play TF to death... just never wanted to spend money on the new one... Free is awesome!

I still play Counter Strike Source alot, just cause its free, and lets me escape from the real life for a bit...

UGHHH DOWNLOAD ERROR
Looks like alot of ppl are downloading it now...

Kudos anyways

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Yeah, I had to click the 'install' button a few times before it would work.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I have a very large distrust of Steam, despite being a user and member.

But this being free sounds good - must be a sign they are getting cashed up nicely

Why I distrust it, is because every game you pay for, you only get to install - it's good as long as they stay alive, and if any problems arose either by your losing internet access, or their website becoming defunct, you then no longer have the games you paid for.

Once reinstall of your OS, games are gone. Even if you did tick "offline" to be able to play them in the first place.

But can't talk now, downloading

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

That's not true, I had to reinstall my OS a few weeks ago and it let me download all my games again and reinstall them.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
hmm ok i have to cut in here because there is all kinds of fail going on in this thread. first of all, buying from steam is much better than buying a physical copy because once you buy a game from steam, the license is yours to keep. if your physical copy breaks, you don't need to buy a new one, just download it again.

if you have to reinstall your OS all of your games are still downloadable. If you have a second or third computer you can install there as well as long as you log into your steam client. however you cant play a game on multiple computers at the same time since you can't use up both licenses simultaneously. there are all kinds of advantages and disadvantages to buying a license over a physical copy but i won't bother with the details here, just know that if you buy it from steam, it is yours to keep and you can download at your hearts content.

also i find it strange that games are "frowned upon" by parents of this generation. i can understand that type of ignorance in my generation since my parents didn't grow up with games but for someone growing up now, it seems antiquated. there was a time in the generation before mine that thought kids who listened to ozzy osbourne and played dungeons and dragons were automatically branded satanists and we all know how ridiculous that is. i actually got in trouble for an iron maiden poster and i assure you, i don't worship satan. and if you go back even further parents thought elvis pressley was considered too risque because he shaked his hips.

games are just games and parents need to understand this, and it bothers me that games are perceived negatively. look at movies, just because there are some very disturbing movies out there doesn't mean you outlaw all movies altogether. parents need to get involved and monitor what movies a child would watch. the same would apply to games, i wouldn't allow my child to play la noir or grand theft auto but most Mario or Zelda games will be fine as long as it's not affecting their grades or their lives.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
lol tf2 has some decent griefing moments.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I'm going to be a medic and laugh as people die without my care.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

yah tf2 has its moments lolz. i havent played in years but maybe i need to redownload on my new pc since there will likely be an influx of noobs to pwn. i can probably turn all the settings on high now.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mvirata

You can pwn me when I'm the world's worst medic.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

i love the medic! it's a support class so you don't need to worry about pwning, that's the heavy's job.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I love you forever for posting this.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mvirata
reply to post by Nosred

i love the medic! it's a support class so you don't need to worry about pwning, that's the heavy's job.

lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join