It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Post Lock Out

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stingray77

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
Based on your comments, since you say you yourself are in a Union and yet dont support this particular Union's demands, I'd say public perception is on the side of the Harper Conservative Government.

Ok, if this what it was all about - I voted Harper last election too. There. Stone me

Why do you keep responding to comments I make in direct response to "emanant"? Unless you are the same person, it really doesnt make much sense.

No, I have no desire to stone you for supporting Harper. I'm merely pointing out that anyone who claims to belong to a Union but is attacking the modest demands of the Canada Post Union are may be a bit, er, unreliable.
edit on 23-6-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

I'll level with you . . .
I had a few . . .
Sorry . . .

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Really I despise Stephen Harper he is a snake and if you glued bolts on his neck he would look like Frankenstein. I think everyone's wage should keep up with inflation.And Harper's gonna put the screws to them or bolts.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

And the freaking bottom line, simply - I want my mail. Thats all, why my bills would be sent to collection agency, because, somebody is not happy with they sallary. Not happy ?! Find another job . . .

But that's the thing. This was not the union preventing you from getting your mail. It's Canada Post, whose actions you are defending. The Union was implementing rolling strikes, so that they DIDNT DISRUPT MAIL SERVICES for more than a day or two. Canada Post LOCKED THEM OUT, preventing ANY (with a few exceptions) from getting through.

So, why arent you mad at The Government for the lockout?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I'm merely pointing out that anyone who claims to belong to a Union but is attacking the modest demands of the Canada Post Union are may be a bit, er, unreliable

For the record : I was never part of the union, although I wish I had been or will

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I'm merely pointing out that anyone who claims to belong to a Union but is attacking the modest demands of the Canada Post Union are may be a bit, er, unreliable

For the record : I was never part of the union, although I wish I had been or will

So, you dont support the Union, but you wish you could be part of one?

Can you not see why I find that a contradiction of ethics?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
even the posties i have talked to don't think the dmans are modest
they voted negotiation to the union and weren't quite ready for the demands either..
beginnig posties getting full experienced pay..reasonable...?
barf

now the US postal service just suspended their contributions to their own pension fund..
Canada post ain't doin much better

either Canada post gets real or they will get privatised and they will all be out of a job..
and our postal costs will skyrocket anyway...

oh yeah and because they weren't delivering tax returns
they are HATED by many Canadians
who can't afford to be held hostage by hi falutin union types...
who make a lot more than they do

edit on 23-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

And the freaking bottom line, simply - I want my mail. Thats all, why my bills would be sent to collection agency, because, somebody is not happy with they sallary. Not happy ?! Find another job . . .

But that's the thing. This was not the union preventing you from getting your mail. It's Canada Post, whose actions you are defending. The Union was implementing rolling strikes, so that they DIDNT DISRUPT MAIL SERVICES for more than a day or two. Canada Post LOCKED THEM OUT, preventing ANY (with a few exceptions) from getting through.

So, why arent you mad at The Government for the lockout?

Because, they "lock them out" for a same reason, you would lock out you teenage son/daughter - kind of you know what ?! You had it so good here, sit and think about it, while you grounded. Like I stated earlier - I REALLY don't see what its wrong with starting at 23$ and work your way up, and not getting all the "goodies" right away.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Stingray77

So now you are backing off of your claim that its the Union's fault that you arent getting your mail?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

they are HATED by many Canadians
who can't afford to be held hostage by hi falutin union types...
who make a lot more than they do

The problem with that claim is it was the 'hi falutin' Corporate Types within Canada Post who stopped your mail from being delivered, not the Union. Sorry to burst your bubble

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

wrong
that was the policy from the start of the strike
which is a result of the strike and would not have happened otherwise
unemployment checks were also withheld..

don't matter who made the decision
the important money volume wouldn't have made it through the rotating strikes reliably

point being
no one will miss them if they are privatised...
which I wouldn't be suprised is the ultimate goal and the posties fell for it
boo hoo

i got my direct deposit form through on the last day myself

edit on 23-6-2011 by Danbones because: adds points... spelling grammer

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Stingray77

So now you are backing off of your claim that its the Union's fault that you arent getting your mail?

FFS, I knew its gonna happend

I blaming PEOPLE, who work with the UNION, at Canada Post for disrapting my mail service . Because I think, they (Canada Post workers) Already have a good deal /salary/benefits/pension/vacation and etc. Clear enough ?!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

wrong
that was the policy from the start of the strike
which is a result of the strike and would not have happened otherwise
unemployment checks were also withheld..

don't matter who made the decision
the important money volume wouldn't have made it through the rotating strikes reliably

That makes no sense. The union did not shut down Canada Post. Canada post did.

Why blame the Union for something Management did?

point being no will miss them if they are privatised... which I wouldn't be suprised is the ultimate goal and the posties fell for it boo hoo

Well, I'll give you that ,partly. Both sides know what is going on. The Union understands Harper is looking to set a precedent that will ensure lower wages for everybody in the near future (that is, other than his buddies in management)
edit on 23-6-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

the union voted strike and the mail was curtailed at
THAT POINT
what is so tough to understand about facts of history ?
read the CRA website the list of what was deliverable and what was not
has been there from day one

austerity was supposed to save Greece and the pigs but it is a scam
fortunately for the PTB most people don't read much

Harper must break the anti harper power bases and sell off what ever he can to globalists...
to canadas great disadvantage

hydro one in Ontario is a good example of how it is done
crisis
demonification
solution

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

the union voted strike the mail was curtailed at THAT POINT
what is so tough to understand about facts of history ?
read the CRA website

I think it is bold of you to not be constrained by truth.

Your claim was the Unions shut down the entire system, even though it was Canada Post who did that. Your claim that mail wasnt getting through is not true. Mail was indeed getting through, as the rollouts were specifically designed to not be too disruptive.

Conversely, Harper KNEW that shutting Canada Post down entirely would encourage people like you to blame the Unions for management's actions. So good on you for playing that role for Harper!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

my claim was selective delivery go read

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Conversely, Harper KNEW that shutting Canada Post down entirely would encourage people like you to blame the Unions for management's actions. So good on you for playing that role for Harper!

I have to agree.
But I disagree still, with Canada Post workers demanding like 100$/hr (not literally) for opening my mailbox once a day

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
And I just want to add, it was some years ago. University stuff was on strike, or was it college stuff ... anyway educators were striking.

I need to get to one of the universities, the strikers block my entrance to the parking lot for about 5-7 minutes. Why I want to ask ?! To make me mad ?! Ok, I am mad now, but not on whoever they striking against, but at them. Will I support them after experience like that ?! Hell, no !

You striking against something/someone, go and block his/her car, not my. Same thing goes for Canada Post workers - I don't get my mail and they think, they should have my support ?!? Highly unlikely !
edit on 24-6-2011 by Stingray77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

4+ weeks paid vacation a year. In my profession I get 0 and no sick days no work no pay. They start out at about $23.00 an hour to start my full wage is $25.55 after going through 5 Years of training. And I'm a professional union tradesman.Does that seem fair not to mention my job is dangerous.

Well, I went upwards of 70,000$ in debt for education to come out starting at 7.50 an hour, with no benefits, no union, and no vacation or paid sick days. Thankfully I've fought my way up, I'm still not in a union but I'm making a comfortable living, with 3 weeks of sick and vacation a year, and pretty nice health/dental benefits. I've been with this job for 6 years now.

and guess what? A letter carrier for canada post, starting out, makes CONSIDERABLY more than me.

Lets get something straight. the average pay for letter carriers starting out is 23$ an hour. STARTING OUT. The crown wants to reduce that to 17$ an hour STARTING (this won't even affect the people currently employed) which is still very comfortable. (forgive me I'm using the east coast numbers the wages vary by province I'd assume) and they are having none of it.

I really don't care what else is on the table. I have to deal with Canada post daily with my work, and they just freaking suck. I've never encountered more whiny complaining people in my life, with the exception of the influx of "ATS IS CENSORING ME" idiots. These rotating strikes are not getting any sympathy from me, it's screwed up my work projects and is having a direct NEGATIVE impact on the economy and education.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

So I want to know why people are so incensed when your average worker wish to earn a decent wage, and yet when the company execs are given 30 and 40% raises, I don't hear the same argument back.

I agree, there is no way the execs should be getting that kind of raise, without the employees getting a raise as well.

Yet , on another note, the carriers make a pretty decent wage as it is , with great benefits, and often don't do such a great job of delivering the mail.

If anyone should get a raise though , its the postal workers, and not the lazy execs !
edit on 24-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join