It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Rival Hacker Group Racing Police to Expose LulzSec

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com

From hacker to hackee.
The anonymous LulzSec group has made waves hacking everyone from media companies to the government. But a second hacker squad plans to take its followers out, one by one -- and give LulzSec a taste of its own medicine.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Tried posting this earlier. Have no clue why it didn't take.

But it looks like there are others who are out on the bandwagon tying to claim they're better at hacking than others.

Seeing how these guys are based out of Pakistan. It would probably be best if they didn't crow to loudly.

There's Predators in the neighborhood, if you know what I mean.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This has been posted in a thread about this issue:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TSearchX

Different atricle.

I did my searches.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
First page, TinfoilTP:

Looks like some real hackers are going after these script kiddies.

FOXNEWS story

Between the police and the real hackers, these kids are toast.

Might not be a thread started about this story, but this story is covered in the thread.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TSearchX

Ah....Why that didn't show up in the search is beyond me. Does it only look for the headlines?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Go Team Poison! (?)

(If you're reading this LulzSec or Anon. I'm jokin'...Please don't hack me
)

"We're a group that consists of political hackers," Hex told FoxNews.com. "A lot of people consider us being a religious type thing -- in reality it's not. When international governments are doing wrong and trying to hide from it, we're there." Whether they are good guys depends on where you sit, of course. Hex claimed responsibility for hacking a number of government websites, the same crime Cleary is accused of. The group is also clearly connected with the Mujahideen Hacking Unit and the Pakistan Cyber Army -- groups known to be anti-U.S., anti-Israel and anti-India.

Not quite sure what to make of it...Are they really the "good" guys?

IMO, until I see people hacking into banks & companies & transferring billions of free money to ordinary people, then I'll reserve judgement.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Actually, anyone interested would do well to see the last three or four threads on the subject, They all come together nicely.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

i know i am asking a lot, but could you link the threads you think paint the picture here?

Electronics and the internet is the current battle theater. It won't be that way for long, as systems and networks will be built to prevent it. But right now, if humanity doesn't strike, there may be no hope. I am not your normal ATS doomsdayer..so i say this with gravity. If we, as The People, cannot regain control before the internet is reined in to prevent the ability of hackers to carry out their tasks, then there is no other foreseeable opportunity for us.

We are, as a world, perched on a return to a feudal quality of life, with the modern equivalent of full serfdom as the fate for our children and grandchildren.

Just because China is becoming capitalistic does not mean much, as that is only the economy. Politically they are still totalitarian. any concept of liberty that was born of the Age of Reason is at risk of becoming just another footnote to history.

Damned depressing.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Deja vu.

This seems like a play out of the DDoS wars of the late 90's to the worm wars of the early 2000's

At its height, security experts were in on the action, fighting back at the script kiddies claiming superiority in the hacking domain.

I seem to recall that the big winners were Anti-Virus software manufacturers.

I long for the good old BBS days (well not really) when everyone was on a level playing field and hacking was for bragging rights....Not all out war!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
bigfatfurrytexan: I'll post a few of them here. I've been fascinated by this story and have posted on a bunch of the threads, so the majority of them are in my subscribed list.

To be honest, I think we're one major event away from seeing requests for a separate '2011/2012 Cyber War' subforum. Here are the main ones I've come across, in no particular order:

When I'm not at work I'll try to go through and redo those as URL tags with thread title as the link, but for now that's a start.

top topics

join