It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO? South Australia, 2010

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I believe it is a group of birds, some birds fly in groups by very large numbers in flocks, from far away it would look like that.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Not to cast aspersions on your mother but from the look of the hood (bonnet?), the picture was taken from inside the car. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21e16ae756a5.png[/atsimg] I believe she was taking a picture of the sunset and found the blob after the fact. Confabulation did the rest.

It's very reminiscent of this incident.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6/23/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Interesting, but you need more details from your Mother.
Now For our US experts (Phagey etc). In Oz We drive on the LHD of the Road, in Right Hand Drive cars, so she has her right arm outside the window somehow. Also the Direction described is Due East, No Sunset in the East. This is early morning Sunrise...If it was Winter, it would be about 7.30am....if it was Summer it would be about 5.30am...we need more Info. Im trying to think of what native bird would be out that way. But most local birds are just starting to wake and stir at Sunrise, I certainly havent seen any in tightly formed flocks as this photo may show. As the OP says, I doubt someone would slow way down to take a picture of Birds, without knowing they were birds.
We definitely need more info..eg How did she definitely take the photo? It takes a while to grab the phone, find the media gallery, select camera, reach out car and maybe look a lcd image first, then take photo, SO how long was the object in her view, How fast was it travelling, did it change direction, Did she observe it till it disappeared into the ether capatious. ??????? Lots more info to come, we hope.
I use to work at Naracoorte once......Ccccold in Winter.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Plus why would a 60+yo woman slow down to a crawl(as evident by the lack of motion blur on the road) to take a photo of bird #. She clearly saw something, just trying to figure out what it is is all.

Any driver should be aware if something like that was in the sky or on the windscreen, especially while moving. I'd say it was in the sky.

The photo does appear to be taken from inside the car though, but the windscreen is very clean. Any dust on it would show up shooting into the sun like that. Still could be a speck of mud, but I think your mum would have known if it was.

Thanks for posting. As a truck driver, I've travelled that road a fair bit.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well, I spoke to her and she is adament that she stopped to take a photo of the 'floating object' but doesn't have the same conviction about whether it was from inside or out of the window. So let's just say it was from the inside as it probably was, I was never disputing that, it was just what I was told.

And yes, it would of been a sunrise heading East and in summer, she said it was in Februrary last year so early morning before 7am for sure. The object didn't move or at least appear to be moving much, so she slowed down to take the photo, if she was moving it would of been no more than 15kms. Like I said you can see by the seperated white lines that there was not much if any motion. After she stopped she kept driving so the object disappeared per say when it left her FOV but she assumed it was still there. Personally I would of investigated it closer but that's me, not her.

Normally I would be the first to jump on the it's a bird bandwagon, that's fair enough it certainly has a similar look but that would mean discounting the rest of the account out of convenience which I'm not doing this time but everyone else is more than welcome to. It has more substance to it than half of the UFO threads made here, not much but you at least got a pic.

And I'll add again that not for one second do I think it's a UFO either but take the account in to hand it's hard to say that it's a bird too.
There was a second pic on the phone but to me it just looks like the same one zoomed in so I held it back but if it was a second pic from the same place it means it's not a bird.
Plus it still looks as if it casts a shadow, but it's hard to tell if that's just the ground or not.

For what it's worth...........
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8bd197b405bd.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 24-6-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Looks like this one:
UFO in Sydney Australia

Football type or OVAL.
Might be the type Officer Lonnie Zamora saw in 1947, are they still around.

UFO Hunters had the Rex Heflin disc type flat saucer episode in recent years.
Can't say anything recent on Oval Tesla ships.

<< 1   >>

join