It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO? South Australia, 2010

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Right, I'm not one to normally bring blurry UFO pics to the table but this time I am making an exception simply because of the fact it was taken by my mother last year and she is over visiting me and only just mentioned it and showed the pic to me now, plus I can't quite work out what it may be of. I had to put my sim in her phone and send the pic to twitter to get the picture uploaded.

What I have been told is that one morning she was driving from Naracoorte to Horsham(In the S-E of South Australia/Vic border) and she saw this object in the air so she slowed down and took the photo with her phone. She said she had her arm out of the window in front of the windscreen to take the shot, looking at the pic it's hard to tell if that's true(not that I don't trust her), there is no noticeable glare from any glass so I can only take her word for it.
There is not much else to add really, maybe there is a shadow being cast on the ground but that could easily be the texture of the grass.
Why didn't she stop and take more photo's or a vid? I haven't the slightest clue. It just is what it is.

At the end of the day I don't know what to make of it, is it a UFO? Probably not but I don't know for sure what it is. If it was a spot on her window she would of been taking photos of it the whole trip, if it was a bird then why would she slow down and take the photo. If you know that part of Australia then you'd know there isn't much around at all.

My first impression was it could be a blimp but that doesn't feel right, it could be some type of inflateable bird scare I'm not sure. All I can do is take my Mum's word for what she said she saw, and well at least she took a picture of it. If it is something very mundane(which I suspect it may be) the photo was taken out of naivety and not intended to fool anyone, she would just like an explaination for what it could be.

edit on 23-6-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Wow...very interesting picture. Could possibly be a UFO. Are these all the pictures your mother took?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Whatever it is its only little as its between the trees and the car.
My guess is its a plastic bag or something similar(balloon) and not a UFO

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Well, it is Unidentified, it's Flying, and it's most definitely an Object...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Possibly a weather balloon from Mount Gambier met office...the timing would be a bit off though, to be honest. It does resemble a weather balloon however.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hibachi

As far as I know, it is at least the only pic that is on the phone although she said she may have another as she took it on her old phone and saved this one to her new one, but I will not find out until she gets back to Australia about the second pic.

And I agree about the size thing, it doesn't seem big at all.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
looks like a flock of birds, like spoggies or pigeons.

i think i can see a thin spot in the flock on the left hand side of the object near the *point*

it doesnt seem solid to me.

PS im also a south aussie...
edit on 23-6-2011 by okamitengu because: i type like a retarded squirrel.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

It's possible, I think it is probably something like that.
Like I said there is not a great deal out that way so even something relatively normal will look out of place.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Right, I'm not one to normally bring blurry UFO pics to the table but this time I am making an exception simply because of the fact it was taken by my mother last year and she is over visiting me and only just mentioned it and showed the pic to me now, plus I can't quite work out what it may be of. I had to put my sim in her phone and send the pic to twitter to get the picture uploaded.

What I have been told is that one morning she was driving from Naracoorte to Horsham(In the S-E of South Australia/Vic border) and she saw this object in the air so she slowed down and took the photo with her phone. She said she had her arm out of the window in front of the windscreen to take the shot, looking at the pic it's hard to tell if that's true(not that I don't trust her), there is no noticeable glare from any glass so I can only take her word for it.
There is not much else to add really, maybe there is a shadow being cast on the ground but that could easily be the texture of the grass.
Why didn't she stop and take more photo's or a vid? I haven't the slightest clue. It just is what it is.

At the end of the day I don't know what to make of it, is it a UFO? Probably not but I don't know for sure what it is. If it was a spot on her window she would of been taking photos of it the whole trip, if it was a bird then why would she slow down and take the photo. If you know that part of Australia then you'd know there isn't much around at all.

My first impression was it could be a blimp but that doesn't feel right, it could be some type of inflateable bird scare I'm not sure. All I can do is take my Mum's word for what she said she saw, and well at least she took a picture of it. If it is something very mundane(which I suspect it may be) the photo was taken out of naivety and not intended to fool anyone, she would just like an explaination for what it could be.

Unless she could stick her arm out of the car and reach directly in front of her windshield I'm gonna say it was taken from inside...i'm just sayin

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

I'm just repeating what I was told, even I am skeptical about that but I have to take it on face value.
It doesn't appear to make much difference either way.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I'm just repeating what I was told, even I am skeptical about that but I have to take it on face value.
It doesn't appear to make much difference either way.

It does make a difference! from the inside of the car that is nothing more than bird poop! I'm a believer btw ...but this does nothing for me.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It could be dirt or something on the windsheild or bird poop.Or i could be wrong.

Oh wait your mother took it never mind,
edit on 23-6-2011 by 3raser because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2011 by 3raser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

That's fair enough but it doesn't make much sense, she may be naive but she aint thick. Plus the camera seems to have a fair range if it was taken from the inside there would be more evidence of that.
Plus why would a 60+yo woman slow down to a crawl(as evident by the lack of motion blur on the road) to take a photo of bird #. She clearly saw something, just trying to figure out what it is is all.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

It's possible, I think it is probably something like that.
Like I said there is not a great deal out that way so even something relatively normal will look out of place.

I actually dont think it is actually, unless there was an unscheduled launch. The timing of it is just not right..as the scheduled ones are usually launched at 08:45am in South Australia. But its not out of the question

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Does she like to ride on her hood? That was taken from the center left of the car, not from outside of the driver/ passenger window. I'm not complaining, I'm just pointing out that which is obvious.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

This would of been early morning, I guess it's the sunrise so it normally is a bit earlier.

I completely understand what your saying, I'm one of the biggest skeptics around and I have thought of all that too. I just am relaying what I was told. It's my mum so I know her and I take her word for it, she actually saw something. I don't expect others to be as forgiving though, the details are sketchy and it's fair to question it but at leat there is a pic to work from.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Not to discount the story....but looking at the evidence it looks to me like a bird in flight. Birds in flight can come in various forms/shapes once photographed.

Also, IMO, it looks like the photo was taken from the driver side - inside the vehcile - and looks like the beautiful sunset was the point of capture while the bird (imo) just happened to get captured at the same time...

Examples....(first two belong to greeneyedleo)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48ffaa9c18cb.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/238d41ddaae7.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f32b0b306a15.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on June 23rd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I could buy that if it was a random sunrise picture though, but she stopped to take the photo of the object as she saw it. A bird would not of been static long enough for her to slow down and take the picture.
I wasn't there though so take from it what you will. Normally I'd be agreeing with you.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I could buy that if it was a random sunrise picture though, but she stopped to take the photo of the object as she saw it. A bird would not of been static long enough for her to slow down and take the picture.
I wasn't there though so take from it what you will. Normally I'd be agreeing with you.

A bird does not need to be "static"....there is clearly motion blur which means the bird was moving...

and it is hard to imagine the arm being long enough to reach thru a window and get a full frontal shot from the car. It really looks like from w/in the car based on looking at the hood (what us Americans call it
) Sorry, but the arm thru the window, reaching around to be completely horrizontal and straight on does not fit what we are looking at. She must be mistaken...it happens. Witness testimony tends to be flawed a lot - even in court.
Does not mean lying...just means we forget little details often...
edit on June 23rd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Yes, but you miss the point, the picture was taken of the object, she didn't just come around the corner see a bird flapping away and take a pic of the bird. She stopped to take a photo of whatever it was. If she said she had took a photo of the sunrise then yes I would agree but she said she stopped to take a photo specifically of whatever that is, which could not possibly be of a bird.

Of course you are free to dispute that but this is the information I have at hand, call it lies if you will but I know she wouldn't make it up which is why I am led to believe that it was a static or slow moving object.

And in my OP I even questioned the validity of where the shot was taken from, I don't think it makes much difference either. Of course it can do but if it's a bird then it doesn't matter where it was taken from, right? It's still a bird? Or a balloon, bin liner or whatever. It's not or at the least does not seem to be on the windsheild.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join