It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US ready to arm Philippines amid China tension

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

yes we did go round this in the 80s and hopefully your right and im wrong

id love to be wrong here.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

the biggest arms sellers in the world are the us,russia,china.france,and the uk nice try to blame just the us tho.

I'm not saying other countries don't sell arms, I'm just saying the US sells more than any other country. I'm also saying that it isn't illegal for the US to do so. So China can stomp its feet and say "ITS NOT FAIR!!" all it wants but theres nothing they can do about it.

ALS
edit on 23-6-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

This really has a chance of getting ugly.

Yes it does along with another million ATS threads....It is just the normal ATS warmongering.. I stand by my view. China is a peaceful nation...dont believe the hype...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

the biggest arms sellers in the world are the us,russia,china.france,and the uk nice try to blame just the us tho.

He said the biggest arm dealer in the world was the US and he is correct. He did not say the biggest arms dealers and another four arms dealers are.... you are not making a point... just being defensive over nothing...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

This really has a chance of getting ugly.

Yes it does along with another million ATS threads....It is just the normal ATS warmongering.. I stand by my view. China is a peaceful nation...dont believe the hype...

I wouldn't exactly call them peaceful.

China top the list for the worlds worst genocide, around 78,000,000 since 1958. If they could do that to their own then think what they world do to the rest of the world.

www.scaruffi.com...

ALS
edit on 23-6-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

fair point take, i was meaning in respect to their interalations with the rest of the world and dont get me wrong i know no country is peaceful but compared to some western nations they are a softy...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

reply to post by BlackStar99

They already have invaded, economically

how have they invaded economically by working hard to get themselves out of poverty...By lending the west money to help them get out of debt.....I dont get you. If you are broke and I lend you money.. Have I invaded you....

If you force me to spend that money on unsafe, unreliable products that you make then yes.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

If you force me to spend that money on unsafe, unreliable products that you make then yes.

No one forces you, you vote with your dollar.. If there is a demand for these products they will be made. It is your choice. There are some amazing products coming out of china if you can afford them or not is a different thing....

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

fair point take, i was meaning in respect to their interalations with the rest of the world and dont get me wrong i know no country is peaceful but compared to some western nations they are a softy...

I don't think that China will do anything rash at the moment. While their economy is getting stronger, it is still a long way off from being totally stable.

I worry that other Nations may take the bait and fire first. That way China has a justifiable reason to take what they want. And it'll play well on the world stage.

It's all PsyOp and that is how war is sold to the populace.
edit on 23-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

No one forces you, you vote with your dollar.. If there is a demand for these products they will be made. It is your choice. There are some amazing products coming out of china if you can afford them or not is a different thing....

Is it really our choice when we've intentionally been made poor and have no choice but to buy cheap products?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

wonder what tiawan and tibet would have to say about them being a peacefull nation or vietnam last time i checked china had invaded all of these countries and only failed in Vietnam nice and peacefull not saying were better just saying there not as clean as you claim

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

I am not saying they are all sparkles but compare there long existance to the short existance of american for example and they come out looking like ghandi...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Is it really our choice when we've intentionally been made poor and have no choice but to buy cheap products?

china has been poor a long time is that there choose. It is global economics a game the western powers use to win at, but now someone is beating us at our own game....

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

china has been poor a long time is that there choose. It is global economics a game the western powers use to win at, but now someone is beating us at our own game....

Although China has never really been a powerful country (Atleast since before the time of European church's power) their various revolutions since the 1900 definatly put them out of the game for a while.

ALS

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

China was poor until they figured out they could exploit their enormous population.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

ill give ya that but it still be willing to bet the chinese have been responsibel for more deaths in there existence then the americans have( yeah they been around alot longer but alot of there realy bad stuff is recent)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
well, lets see them take vietnam first and then we'll talk.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

They (China) already have invaded, economically.

Get real!!!

You gorge on cheap chinese labor and have the audacity to claim you are somehow a victim of invasion!

edit on 24-6-2011 by john124 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join