It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US ready to arm Philippines amid China tension

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
And the tension continues to mount. Do you really think China will take kindly to this after they had told the US to butt out.

I tried to make the link smaller but failed.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AljtepNyyKEz3xBwviPfIzb9xg8F;_ylu=X3o'___'N1d nR2ZmIyBGFzc2V0A2FmcC8yMDExMDYyMy91c3BoaWxpcHBpbmVzY2hpbmFkaXBsb21hY3ltaWxpdGFyeQRjY29kZQN0b3BnbXB0b3AyMDBwb29sBGNwb3MDOARwb3MDOARzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3J pZXMEc2xrA3VzcmVhZHl0b2FybQ--

WASHINGTON (AFP) – The United States said Thursday it was ready to provide hardware to modernize the military of the Philippines, which vowed to "stand up to aggressive action" amid rising tension at sea with China.

Are we ready for a fifth front?

edit on 23-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hmm there was a thread about Vietnam and China having tensions rising. Does that have something to with this

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
china wants to rule the world!!

they gots the cash!

they gots the people!

they gots the largest standing army in the world and air force!

id rather not mess with them.

the future aint looking to bright.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

There is a movie that shows that China also invaded Australia. After the fall of the Philippines and possibly Indonesia and Vietnam This will probably happen.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You could not be more wrong! Do your research first please. They are defending the south sea that has always been in dispute between these asian countries because of it resources. All they asked is that people stay out of it and that the us does not aid these countries in fighting for it. Where in the heck do you get the idea they want to rule the world? That is the problem.with alot of people today is they dont even think before they speak. just sayin

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Yep, the waters are all in the contested area. Many nations are involved but it is escalating.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

A lot of these countries we have signed mutual defense pacts with. If we ignore those treaties I'm sure that'll go good considering the US standing in the world as it is.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

and they have one of the strongest nations in debt.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by neo96

Where in the heck do you get the idea they want to rule the world?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

You know I remember a man who claimed to be a time traveler mentioned that in the future China will also invade Australia(In this scenario the US has fallen into a second civil war which why the US is absent). Does that mean anything in terms of current geopolitics?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

you dont build up your armed forces and modernize them and go around the world buying up land and business and natural resources if you didnt want something.

china does have a history of taking what it wants no matter the method.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

The International water boundaries are 200 miles, which China does not recognize. They state historical claims. Not to mention that if those islands are held under Chinese rule, they have quite the strategic advantage.

As for your time traveler, the way things are going it, could be, but it will be a revolution rather than a civil war. The sides are to inter-mixed. Either way, it could take us out of world affairs for some time and open us up to the influences of other nations.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

china doesnt have to goto war they done world domination on the down lo people sell their souls for a buck and they are all too willing.

too many have we have we americans work for china and they didnt fire 1 shot.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by neo96

There is a movie that shows that China also invaded Australia. After the fall of the Philippines and possibly Indonesia and Vietnam This will probably happen.

why is that going to happen. China has been in existance a very long time. They have had ample opportunities tp invade places but have choosen not to. dont judge another book by your own cover..

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I disagree. The US went through this back in the 80's with Japan. Everyone was worried we were selling ourselves out back then.

We just need to make sure we don't sell out this time around.

It ain't over yet.
edit on 23-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The US done the same thing to Russia when they invaded Afganistan, where do you think the Taliban came from. This is nothing out-of-the-ordinary, after all the US is the biggest gun shop in the world.

Rifles here...get ya rifles.

ALS

I must add; as soon as I posted this they started talking about it on the BBC, STRANGE.
edit on 23-6-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

reply to post by neo96

why is that going to happen. China has been in existance a very long time. They have had ample opportunities tp invade places but have choosen not to. dont judge another book by your own cover..

They already have invaded, economically. The only reason they haven't taken over the U.S. is because we fuel their economy by purchasing their $#!tty products. My guess is they've sqeezed out as much as they could from us, and now it's on to phase II "Global economic governance" and I think we all know what phase III is.
edit on 23-6-2011 by BlackStar99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

the biggest arms sellers in the world are the us,russia,china.france,and the uk nice try to blame just the us tho.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

reply to post by neo96

Many Countries have opportunities to invade others. War is ultimately about resources and if you do not have the logistical resources to provide for your invading forces, even if you are a stronger force, you will eventually lose. The Chinese recognize this.

Islands are stationary targets of opportunity in war. You can pummel them from afar. They won’t be able to exploit any resources if they are under constant attack and will eventually lose. They know this. So they are trying the diplomatic route along with some saber rattling. But others are rattling back and the Chinese leadership hates to lose face.

This really has a chance of getting ugly.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

They already have invaded, economically

how have they invaded economically by working hard to get themselves out of poverty...By lending the west money to help them get out of debt.....I dont get you. If you are broke and I lend you money.. Have I invaded you....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join