It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Companies That Will Save The American Economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The 10 Companies That Will Save The American Economy
Source

1. Microsoft
> 2010 Revenue: $62.484 Billion
> Number of Employees: 89,000
> Market Cap: $216.87 Billion

2. Google
> 2010 Revenue: $29.321 Billion
> Number of Employees: 24,400
> Market Cap: $188.7 Billion

3. Pfizer
> 2010 Revenue: $67.809 Billion
> Number of Employees: 110,600
> Market Cap: $162.3 Billion

4. IBM
> 2010 Revenue: $99.870 Billion
> Number of Employees: 426,751
> Market Cap: $195.17 Billion

6. Lockheed Martin
> 2010 Revenue: $45.803 Billion
> Number of Employees: 133,000
> Market Cap: $28.27 Billion

7. Intel
> 2010 Revenue: $43.623 Billion
> Number of Employees: 82,500
> Market Cap: $111.85 Billion

8. GE
> 2010 Revenue: $104.635 Billion
> Number of Employees: 287,000
> Market Cap: $210.03 Billion

9. Cisco
> 2010 Revenue: $40.04 Billion
> Number of Employees: 70,714
> Market Cap: $95.97 Billion

10. Monsanto
> 2008 Revenue: $11.365 Billion
> Number of Employees: 21,700
> Market Cap: $37.85 Billion

After reading this article, it leaves me wondering why is the United States so much in debt? America has some of the worlds largest global companies!

Nearly every PC uses Microsoft as its operating system. "According to research firm Gartner, in 2008 there were more than one billion PCs in use, and by 2014 there will be two billion in use. Most PCs currently use a Microsoft operating system."

Everyone who uses the internet probably uses Google in one way or another. From web browser, email, and even cellphones.

Big Pharma, again USA ranks at the top 2 in the world. Johnson & Johnson and Pifzer. Source (as of 2010)

Intel chips are found almost everything these days! As of 2011, it is the number one top vendor in the world!

Intel, Samsung and Toshiba lead world chip market. As they have for several years, Intel, Samsung and Toshiba (in that order) remain the world's top vendors of semiconductors, in a market which is expected to see about 4% growth during 2011.

Source

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Ahhh no they would never save us. Look at Monsanto, they are responsible for poisoning us. So I wouldn't declare these companies Saints.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Your title is wrong. It should read 10 of the companies that OWN America.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
some of those companies in that list should be shut down... the money they are making is coming at a big cost to people like you and me..

and typical msm title "10 companies that will save america" .... sounds like more propaganda to me, to further hide their crimes against humanity

edit on 23/6/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Saving the country from truth !

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Although, there could be some competition amongst themselves that I wish was a way to exploit to our favor. Google on the other hand has apparently dumped Microsoft from their computers.

ATS Post

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The problem is, these are the same companys, witht he exception of military ones, that hve monopolized in the economy..GE has pushed so hard to have thier products mainstream..LED bulbs commercialy, are almost ALL GE. thier dishwashers and washing machines especially, break often. Read this months consumer reports....whirlpool came out ontop.
theyve made it so they own more or less, the market and marketshare
not fair at all.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
These are the companies that get away with whatever they want, get massive tax breaks, pay no medical for their minimum wage employees (some do get it but you have to be up there in rank) and as it's been said so many times...Too Big to fail.

Put Wal-Mart in there and you'll have the destruction of small town America. Pushing small businesses out and using Chinese slave wages to produce tainted and poisoned foods to feed the World.

Monsanto...If anyone agrees with this company and their lack of ethics, I feel sorry for them.

Big Pharma in there controlling what we can and cannot put into our bodies because after all, who are we to know what's good for us?

Too much to say on the rest of the list but in a nutshell...these companies are the downfall of America and will continue to be so until people stop treating them like saviors just because they might offer a job.

edit on 23-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
That is perhaps the least convincing list of companies that will supposedly save America. I figured at least you would put Walmart there, even though nobody likes it people like shopping there, but Monsanto? Google?
you got to be kidding.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You cannot base the success of a company based on its profits alone. This is all that is wrong with our society. These companies will fire you, downsize, and move jobs to China if it saves money. All they care about is MSV (Maximizing Shareholders value). Its taught in every business school across North America.

If I came out in Monsanto and said I wanted to offer on site daycare, and a gym for employees to work out in at lunch and in the morning, I would probably be fired. If I further said, I think we should give employees 4 weeks vacation like Europe, the would call security.

Something is very very wrong with the ethics and business in our society.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I believe these companies are doing more harm than good. From jobs overseas(Obama influence or not), instead of America, to ruining agriculture by forcing GMOs.

Aren't trends predicted that most Internet use in the near future will come from cell phones(cell phone use with microsoft may grow as computers lesson, unless competition arises), instead of at home pcs or laptops?
edit on 23-6-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
These are all companies that have already cornered most of the market. There is not enough market remaining for them to have much growth from here except through inflation. I would instead look at companies that are currently taking a piece of their pie.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

the article is worth reading. i most enjoyed the paragraph just before the list:

"24/7 Wall St. eventually identified 10 companies. The business world and economy could not operate as they do without them and this will probably be more the case in the future. America’s advantages due to these firms could falter if their ability to innovate stalls. Many experts have argued that America must have a better education system to maintain and expand its business advantages. People who worry about intellectual property theft and the eventual decline of America’s economic might may also be right. But, for now, as these companies exist today along with the global customers they serve, each has a substantial lead in a large and critical industry."

--- because that explained the meat & potatos of their conclusion.

Leave off the "e" to piss off Dan Quayle.

new topics

top topics

join