It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange: Facebook,Google, Yahoo, Spying tools for US Intelligence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The man behind WikiLeaks says his website's revelations are just the tip of the iceberg. In an exclusive interview with RT, Julian Assange said it is only a matter of time before damaging information that Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo Spying Tools for US intelligence becomes known

here is the full video: www.youtube.com...

start at 1:50

check it out....BRAVO, JULIAN!

edit on 23-6-2011 by torontoguy123 because: forget something

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well I don't find that damaging really I mean all popular web engines (Google, Yahoo) Are known to be goverment asset

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I can vouch for twitter being on the list.

My account has been silenced for several months now.....I'm assuming for mentioning wikileaks.

Now only people that are following me can see my tweets....Even if I search for my own tweets, nothing comes up, no matter how many hashtags or how rare those hashtags are.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Ya and you can be sure this site is too an Michael a Aquino site you fool nobody.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Facebook could easily be one with the face recognition program it runs on all photographs that are uploaded.

Why Facebook's Facial Recognition is Creepy
edit on 23-6-2011 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

link   
I've been telling myself I need to disconnect. Even if WikiLeaks might be a CIA op, this is scary.

Ever IP whois the original wikileaks page IP? It's right next to the CIA building in Langley.

link   
nothing wikileaks has "exposed" has been a revelation.. and im sure this will be no different.

more carrot dangling for the gullible i suspect..

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. Earlier this month I seen the video, which may have been satire on FB for ex. being spying tools. They said that these social networks, email, and Google(Youtube,etc) the best tool ever made because people are willing to give insight into ever life factor. Also, that the FB creator promotes and enjoys that factor. They don't need to be tracked, it's all right there for Intelligence to use against people, for free!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
you don't need to be a cyber hacker to have known that. facebook is a giant spy network used by people to spy into others people lives.

you can literally find out the location of anybody on facebook, because of the feature that lets you click on to your listed friends, then you can check the friend's list and click onto one of their friends, even without knowing the person, or having their permission.

then on top of that you can check that persons friend list, browse thru it, find and spy on anybody listed.

literally you can almost find anybody.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Facebook could easily be one with the face recognition program it runs on all photographs that are uploaded.

they dont even need to go to that much effort... they can just type your name in and look at your pictures.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

It is as of late...
The FB recognition, won't match photos base on the how the subject is positioned in the photo(common on celeb matching sites, matching your pic to a celebrity, such as heritage.com), but down to their facial structure, eye width, nose size, and more. A complete map of your face, so their program can supposed(I say that because it goes deeper) find your face on other people's posted pictures where you may exist on the site.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I was on facebook along along time far. The most strange were the banners.How is it possible a website can recognize in one second what i like which are my tastes etc etc.Someone is recording on a server all the facebook members movements likes and dislikes.Is the same when you use your bancomat or your credit card.
The most funny was when i had try to remove the account. Server error Server error Server error (Microsoft behind it ? )

So no privacy.
Google is impressive we have the verb google it.If you write your name and surname on google the first link which appear is your facebook account

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I've been thinking about this, and I've reached the conclusion that if this is true, and the CIA is using these sites, then they are getting some of the worst information available. I mean, Facebook? Are they going to tell me in 2009 I "liked" a page for Bob Dylan, or that my status was some Lil Wayne rap verse? Google? They are going to tell me I incorrectly typed the name of some disease my hypochondriac mind thought I had? Are they going to use what I hash tagged on Twitter against me when it was probably a immature, no thought, one line of text from some celebrity? I never thought the CIA would use something as superficial as Twitter or Facebook. They might as well be looking for Al Queda at American Eagle or Macy's.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
they dont even need to go to that much effort... they can just type your name in and look at your pictures.

The reason they're collecting this data is to use with the cameras.

That's the main reason for the global "ban the burqa" thing.

top topics

join