It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A test to show you have a weak mind: Proof.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
that would make a cool movie

how arrogant to state anyone who disagrees with your world view has a weak mind

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I passed, but disagree with part of your premise. I will agree that many people here don't read the OP's in full before responding...guilty...

I won't agree that "jumping to conclusions" is always as it seems...folly. Sometimes it's pure intuition! You seem to be of a personality type that relies heavily on external verification of ideas. That's cool, but it's not how we all operate at all times. If you look at the MBTI, this would be called, Te, or extraverted thinking.

Sometimes people use Ti instead. It's a logical framework that's internally derived. These people simply don't need to externally validate the principals they've come up with.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

aww...rigel, baby...about a nine on the tension scale there.
refuse to be a victim and get some human spiritual vision....it's supernaturally majic.....read the....actually attempt to read 3 books in the basic instructions before leaving earth, because I'm not leaving this earth without you, a brother...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
ok, I read up to page 8, I can't be asked to read the rest atm as I'm at work.
Incidently I passed.

I think it was a brilliant idea well excecuted:
Of course it was a laugh reading through the responses, but it was really good to read sentences like "oh I've learned my lesson" or "I wonder how often I've failed this sort of test before", etc.

This sites motto is 'deny ignorance'. You have helped some users on their path to do actually do just that.
Thanks,
Sam

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I read the whole thing, so I passed? Not really sure that that proves anything really...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
i read the entire post and most of the replies, as I always do before i post a comment.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I always read every post to completion. I've seen this exact thread done before in the past here too, and I'll have you know -- just as many people failed the first time.

And to the people that don't get the point -- how can you not?

The point is, we, the people on ats -- partake in conversation. If you can't read someone to the end, then you cannot reply to them in context. So then, you start argument based on lunacy because you were the incompetent person who didn't read the post to the end before you jumped to a wicked conclusion that the previous poster was an idiot -- and you end up derailing/trolling the thread to the waste basket, not at all denying ignorance -- but rather, reveling in it.

If you can't finish a post before raging into a reply of your own, you are weak minded -- how? Because you let your emotion control your action. Emotion is great to have, however -- it should not control you. Reason should be your guide.

In short, if you reply out of anger, or "heat" before you even finish, than you contribute nothing to the thread because you lack all the capability of understanding the exact content and point of the thread, which renders your response as gibberish/useless/close minded.

This type of response hurts the most when talking about controversial subjects wherein; the author actually supports his/her claim with empirical and factual evidence that those who failed this test refuse to acknowledge. Hence furthering the paradigm of the ignorant.

You cannot have a functional conversation or rational debate if the members partaking are going to ignore important parts of the subject material. This is close minded, because you let your own suppositions guide you from the beginning, instead of being open to new ideas before you come to a conclusion.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The only thing I see here is statements designed to scare people who cannot use LOGIC to think for themselves.

All of these statements save...There is a Great Battle Coming...since that could be true...are using either Religion or the fear of the economics of a Changing World...to Polarize Peoples ideas that have already been placed into the Public Consciousness via the Media or Religion.

The World Today is Safer than it has been in Decades. Sure...there is always the possibility of Terrorist Attacks and Natural Disasters...but right now...The U.S. Military Holds all the Cards. Some people may think this is a Bad thing...it is not. From the early 50's till the early 90's...the World was faced with the possibility of an ALL OUT NUCLEAR WAR...that is a very distant memory.

There is a down turn economically but nothing that we have not been through before in much worse circumstances. We do have other countries that are emerging with Nuclear Capabilities but in comparison with what the danger once was...it is trivial and with the U.S. Military right now having an ACTIVE MISSILE DEFENSE as well as a partial but incomplete installed Direct Energy Weapon System...WAR will soon become OBSOLETE. This is the HOPE as there is a difference between shooting down an ICBM and having Nuclear Fuel Raining down on the Earth...and a Nuclear Powered Laser that being Hotter than the surface of the Sun...can Vaporize the actual Nuclear Warheads. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Where I stand ....

Believe nothing until you can prove it to your own satisfaction by independent research .

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by SplitInfinity

You may laugh but several times Computer simulations on both sides almost caused an all out Launch of Nuclear ICBM's once in the Late 70's and once in the early 80's. Those are just the ones that can be talked about.

The U.S. has engaged in Limited Warfare on Multiple occasions since WWII but never ALL OUT WARFARE. The Good News is that with advent of U.S. Direct Energy Weapons...WAR could become OBSOLETE. Google...FREE ELECTRON LASER CVN-78 Gerald R. Ford...as this will be the First U.S. Carrier to OVERTLY install this Nuclear Powered Laser. It will be launched in 2015 along with a Refitted Aegis Class Cruiser which will also have a Nuclear Powered FEL. The U.S. currently has 2 Nuclear Powered Land Based FEL's and an unknown number at sea.

All U.S. Carriers will be refitted with FEL's as well as all Aegis Cruisers. An Airborne FEL is in the works as long s they can design the Nuclear Reactor to be light enough for flight...and Special FEL Targeting Satellites are already in orbit as a Normal or standard Laser Targeting Mirror will not work as the FEL Beam will Vaporize it...New Satellites with Specialized Mirror Like Reflection Systems had to be designed for Over the Horizon Targeting. Plus we also have the MEB or Microwave Emitting Beam. These Weapons are both Defensive and Offensive in Nature and will replace U.S. Nuclear Weapons. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The test said read, I read it. Then it concluded. That is all. Now how is my mind weak?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gremlin2011

laugh all u want buddy... u r here and we are all here for a reason,... not something that just came from nothing.... something from nothing is impossible,. but with God nothing is impossible so BELITTLE yourself fool!!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988

laugh all u want buddy... u r here and we are all here for a reason,... not something that just came from nothing.... something from nothing is impossible,. but with God nothing is impossible so BELITTLE yourself fool!!

Life didn't come from nothing. It came from a Universal Constant that Matter continues to arrange itself in greater complexity. Life is an Inevitable Product of this process. All Elements that we currently have on the Periodic Table came from either Solar Fusion or are the Results of Supernovas.

Chemical Reactions which allow certain Elements to Share Electron Orbits...such as H20...water...were created by first having the Elements Present the by either Electric Charge or UV-Radiation...create Molecules by Chemical Reactions. DNA is a long chain Molecule and DNA is present in things that are not alive such as a VIRUS. So life did not come from nothing...it was Developed over Time by Matters inherent drive to become greater in complexity. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well, patiently read through the entire diatrabe, and figured out it was that a diatrabe. The last paragraph let me know it was just that though.

We all have opinions, they could be misinformed and wrong at times, but most of us are at least sincere and earnest in our beliefs. That fact alone helps ease a lot of the pressure when you read stuff you know is just plain wrong.

Maturity helps go a long way as well.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by steve95988

Life didn't come from nothing. It came from a Universal Constant that Matter continues to arrange itself in greater complexity. Life is an Inevitable Product of this process. All Elements that we currently have on the Periodic Table came from either Solar Fusion or are the Results of Supernovas.

Chemical Reactions which allow certain Elements to Share Electron Orbits...such as H20...water...were created by first having the Elements Present the by either Electric Charge or UV-Radiation...create Molecules by Chemical Reactions. DNA is a long chain Molecule and DNA is present in things that are not alive such as a VIRUS. So life did not come from nothing...it was Developed over Time by Matters inherent drive to become greater in complexity. Split Infinity

thanks for the science info... all science is... is a confirmation of a creator.... how is all that possible mister??? lol gotta love the power of God

givin u a star for ur input

edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

There is no conflict in the FACT OF EVOLUTION and ones belief in GOD. There really isn't unless you are one of those...take every word in the Bible Literally Types. I am not an Atheist...I am an AGNOSTIC. I have experienced things that I cannot find a Logical Explanation for.

At the same time...I am aware that the SCIENTIFIC METHOD is a process to determine FACTS.

EVOLUTION is no longer a THEORY...it is a FACT! This does not mean that a GOD does not exist.

There is one thing that is ABSOLUTE....everything that has been proven to be a FACT in our Universal Constant...was, is or has been proven via the MATH. There has NEVER BEEN AN EXCEPTION. Given this reality. And basing it in a Multiversal System....it means that there is a 100% Probability that a GOD EXISTS as well as a 100% Probability that GOD does not exist.

Our Universe is FINITE but our MULTIVERSE is INFINITE. In an INFINITE SYSTEM there is a 100% Probability that every possible variation of Reality both Known and Unknown....MUST EXIST. THAT is the MATH!
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

★People are always complaining about the builderbergers and the NWO and the Illuminati, but it is all a ruse.

True people complain about many things, but the bilderberger / bilderberg group is likely an eccentric billionaires club trying to navigate a crazy financial market to ensure not losing a majority of wealth, as for the illuminati, it exists as a figment of most people's imagination made-up of associated logos and images perceived as representing this group which may or may not exist.

★The real people who are against you are your local politicians and your families.

Whom is more real than the other, at the local level family and politicians are very much the same as any other local resident.

★The builderbergers who are trying to help you out.

True charity begins at home where the heart is. Not through some out of mind out of sight organization which usually profits from the vast majority of the money it receives. Real charity is giving a person on the street 20 dollars if they are in dire need.

★The NWO is trying to find justice for the common man.

The NWO is a fad or panacea to placate or inflame those usually included in a group to receive benefits / entitlements or a group which sees itself as not receiving those same resources....If there truly were a NWO, one would expect the plight of global struggles wouldn't be at the level they are now or in the immediate past. That term is likely fear mongering or a device used to control by fear or distrust.

★Everyone lies to you and you don't see it. Aliens and UFO's and everything of the like has been made up by people seeking attention. None of it ever existed. And it has been perpetuated by people looking to make a name for themselves or out seeking attention. There are no true conspiracies out there. It is just people trying to upset others they don't like.

Not every subject is a generalization, but mostly the majority of subjects / events are unique and have very specific events / circumstances. Conspiracies exist, but it very likely that they are often proven many years or decades after they have happened or never. By the passing of many many years the subject often becomes moot or becomes part of urban legend.

★Religion is real, God is real, and aliens cannot exist because of that. If they did, they would be related to as God's children in the bible. It is obvious that all science is lacking because carbon dating is built off things that people don't understand. People who think there are aliens coming to talk to them are really talking about demons. The devil controls all bad thought that comes into people's heads. The devil is trying to take over the world, not the elite. And the Devil has the most affect on poor and low class people.

Logically, a belief or first-principle, cannot be proven with rational and logical argument. So it is pointless to use logic to prove God exists. But faith and religion does not need logic to be proven...as long as the belief in such is stronger (faith) than their unbelief. Suspension of disbelief.

★The only way to save the world is to enter God's light and stop giving into the Devil. The NWO and the Illuminati should be praised for trying to make the world a better place and get us closer to god.

This is a platitude of the hope and desires of the faithful and religious. One would be better served if they looked at themselves honestly and truthfully to see the negative aspects of themselves and were willing to change those negative aspects into positive ones; which can be done of a person is willing to forgive themselves and let go of self-blame and loathing over past mistakes and errors. Perhaps then, a person could grow to understand God better if they first understood themselves...

The final truths:

★Nibiru is real but it is Jesus coming for his return.

These are beliefs based on believes and as first-principles, cannot be proven logically...

★Elenin is real and it is Satan coming for his return.

These are beliefs based on believes and as first-principles, cannot be proven logically...

★There will be a great battle.

This is possibly the most valid of premisses here, but we'd need another premiss to validly conclude that what we are proven is logical. You can logically presume that there is a great battle at least somewhere in the world at any given time, which could very well be very very true.
edit on 14-9-2012 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2012 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The key to this thread is in understanding why we react. It's not that we don't read through to the end. In the OP, it is required because the whole post is a test. But take the sidenote out of it and get back to how you reacted. This is what is most important.

Because it is not about the content. It's about you. The emotional reactions that occur are hints of programming. Most people do not understand how they are programmed and most do not have control over the process. We think we do but that is because we have allowed ourselves to become emotionally wired to respond to things we believe in--regardless of the source of the belief. The belief is the framework from which the world is created and your body will flesh out (create) according to the programs installed. Most of us have had our operating systems programmed by the beliefs we've picked up from parents and society.

The most important thing in order to evolve is to erase your hard drive and become conscious of the inputs that are affecting you. The emotional responses are indicators, much like in a car, that show you where you are wired. By simply observing this process (creating a tiny bit of space), we can consciously choose to act or not but it is through the observer (spirit/soul/??) rather than the egoic mind that feeds off of the emotional electro-chemical reactions.

By getting rid of all labels and judgments, you can be fully present and non-reactionary when mere words are strung together that would have elicited some emotional response in the past.

Words like the F-word, Hitler, any offensive word you can think of--these are all mini subprograms that have been wired to elicit such a response that all other words become secondary. The emotional link is so heavily charged that all reason goes out the window. We do this every day and no one is taught how to use the mind/body properly to avoid these whipsaws. We spend our days reacting to news, weather, sports and all sorts of drama to keep the easily bored thinking mind very active. It craves activity and will even kill the host in order to fulfill it's electro-chemical wirings (see suicide). But learning to observe and understand this process can transform a life from drama-based victimization to creation machine that turns thoughts and energy to create a new world. One that accepts inevitable change and is present, non labeling/judging. You lose a part of yourself it seems when this occurs but it's just the ego being trained to behave. It will eventually acquiesce to the observer part of you as it learns to trust and find relief from not having to defend itself on all fronts 24/7.

Words are powerful and we don't know how or why. It is this wiring that occurs. If we observe the myriad of inputs that bombard our computer everyday, the overload potential is constant if not perpetual. We protect our computers with virus software and firewalls. But we let every possible sort of input enter into our bio-creation machine computer minds. No virus protection, no firewalls. in fact the protections, if there, are set up by others who have instilled or influence some belief structure. While these belief structures have served a purpose, it is a complete and utter hijack of the creation machine experience, turning it into a belief-machine that fleshes out a world that conforms to those self-imposed boundaries. It is why religion will never solve ultimate problems. They are pitted against each other via belief frameworks and is why it is difficult to reconcile issues. There is no understanding between them. Everything is filtered through the lens of ones beliefs and that limits the potential in terms of human understanding, experience, joy and pleasure.

Anyhow, great thread. Love the original post and the responses.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
SO,

And so concludes my test:But you must know and believes these things to truly pass. Sidenote: Understanding the mind is tricky because we are all influenced by emotion. And of course I intended my first few paragraphs to be quite emotional. This test may not apply to people who follow me on this board because I assume they will understand where I am going with it before it is over. This is the conclusion, if you are reading this part of it you have passed with flying colors. Anyone who posted a reply before reading this paragraph has failed (The first part of the OP is utter BS). Sadly, I have failed this test a few times in other threads. At some points my mind is weak, instead of reading an OP all the way through I have an emotional reaction to it and post a reply without full comprehension to the topic. Fortunately I have recognized this, and I am hoping to pass on the discovery. To the people that read the sidenote passed, pat yourself on the back. Now, tell me where you stand.

Either by reading or posting a reply, makes either very futile. And given this is pointless either way, you then ask to post signifying where a poster would stand?

A suggestion would be for you to familiarize yourself with how online journalism works, you have to "chunk it up" and make the article easily scanned usually in an "F" pattern. If you format an article designed as some type of test or questions, then expect answers, but if you then say it doesn't matter and add spurious conditions to success or failure, depending on values which could change with an invalid perspective, then why even write it in the first place?

The OP is ambiguous at best, but i don't see the point behind it when people scan the article they will remember the main points of the questions and disregard the flotsam and jetsam and provide an answer. It's a framing error to think a person would read this OP as some sort of exam when it's on the internet, it's a given the format is much like online journalism, with ads and you only pick-out the most important topics.

Then to read the "Note" at the bottom with conditionals, could serve to alienate the reader due to your type of writing style becoming more salient to them hence they disregard anything you post...FYI...IMHO.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join