It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A test to show you have a weak mind: Proof.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
op

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Reply to post by boncho

ok i read the whole post. so is your point that people just read a bit get pissed at one thing before reading it all and post knee jerk reactions before they know whats actually being discussed? thats what im getting out of it. if so i think a lot of us are guilty of doing that atleast a few times.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
i think a lot of us are guilty of doing that atleast a few times.

I think so too I know I have in the past.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

yep me too, i read the whole post because i didnt understand it and reread it to try and understand it more, i think i got it but still not sure.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Yes it seems like a psy ops test of observation ability, do you as a member just read the OP title and jump in or read the thread content total . This time for me I got it, the top section was more ranting/distraction the bottom was funny but made sense. I got caught in a few religious troll threads when I first started here on ATS then begin to read the whole OP lol.
edit on 9/12/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It may be a sign of a weak mind to jump to conclusions, but reading the entire post isn't necessarily the sign of a strong mind either.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

it depends sometime i just read the op and respond if there isnt like 20 responses already, if there is then i skim through so i dont post something that has alredy been said, ya know?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

I starred you for the lol factor not because i agree with the post...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

it depends sometime i just read the op and respond if there isnt like 20 responses already, if there is then i skim through so i dont post something that has alredy been said, ya know?

My bad I meant just the THREAD OP total not the responses. I tend to skim thru them or speed read them incase there is some knowledge there but I know what you mean.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

oh yes over the years of being a member ive learnd that its a pretty good idea to read the whole thread op.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think I will Flag this thread, hopefully it will get so many that our ATSlive will interview the OP... Just wondering...

Although I read the entire OP and a few posts, it makes little sense to me, weak?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Haha, that was brilliant Boncho!

I read the first part and was like "what is this gibberish?", and felt the urge to click away, but it didn't make sense so I reread and read the sidenote.

I had seen the sidenote the first time but the words up to that point, initially made me not want to read any further.

Then again, it's not that hard to make people not want to read your thread, but you set this up quite nicely, lol.

edit on 12-9-2012 by SentientSentinel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Reply to post by boncho

ok i read the whole post. so is your point that people just read a bit get pissed at one thing before reading it all and post knee jerk reactions before they know whats actually being discussed? thats what im getting out of it. if so i think a lot of us are guilty of doing that atleast a few times.

I would say knee jerk reactions or emotional reactions are what I was trying to hit on. I think we let our emotions override are intellectual side quite often (people), including myself. There have been times I've read and OP, took it the wrong way, and re-read it a few mins later almost as if it was a completely different premise. Only because something triggered in my brain and automatically shelved it as nonsense.

As I said in this OP, I have the problem myself.

There have been many a threads since this one that talked about nonsense in the beginning but made a clear picture later, and I probably owe it to being cognizant of this phenomena.

Some took this as constructive, others as dribble. It's up to you if you think it will make you a more understanding person. I look at it like this (or at least try to), we enter a thread based on the title. Something intrigued us no different than a headline in a newspaper. When I read the newspaper I make sure to read article start to finish if it catches my attention. That way I'm not being misled by shoddy headlines.

"Man steals a million dollars then receives award from the city."

Who knows what an article like that could be about, but unless you read it, repeating the headline doesn't make it any clearer.

In any case, I still fail the test myself. Depending on how much time I have, or perhaps even my mood. But it is important for us to try and understand each other when judging, reviewing or replying to each others thoughts.

Cheers for stopping by.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I think I will Flag this thread, hopefully it will get so many that our ATSlive will interview the OP... Just wondering...

Although I read the entire OP and a few posts, it makes little sense to me, weak?

I'm not sure I'll ever be on ATS Live, but thanks for stopping by. I seem to be running into you a fair bit lately, and you constantly provoke thought, we may disagree on some topics but glad to have tangoed.
edit on 13-9-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeliriumAquarium
reply to post by boncho

It may be a sign of a weak mind to jump to conclusions, but reading the entire post isn't necessarily the sign of a strong mind either.

Fair enough. But automatically I would consider a person posting the OP crazy, and I would probably read the entire post just to see if he sourced his crazy, why he's crazy, etc, maybe that's more just comedy to me than it is anything else...

I might even just drop a sarcastic quip without getting to the sidenote...
glad I didn't have to take the test myself...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
I happily fail, if passing means believing all that rubbish.

(So now I read to the end) I think it is pretty rude to call people out for waht was a trick in the first place. No normal minded person would have that rubbish until the end. It's not the readers fault but the person who puts all the crap in there from the start. To pass this test you need to fail an even more important one.

I understand that maybe you're angry that you did not "pass." You feel tricked. That's okay, because no one here is trying to judge you. Just use this as an opportunity to learn something about yourself.

Originally posted by DeliriumAquarium
reply to post by boncho

If I correctly understand what you're getting at, then I agree. Skimming a piece of writing is not proof positive of a weak mind. It can be a sign. But not even necessarily that, because lots of people skim information-- even (sometimes especially) highly intelligent people. I read and take in so much new info on a daily basis, that I have to skim some in order to keep my range of info as diverse (and plentiful) as possible.
On the other hand, both the title of the post and the body indicate that it is a (voluntary) test-of-the-mind. It even hints that concentration is required, and that reading is mandatory to pass the test. Failure under these conditions most DEFINITELY indicates, in my humble opinion, one or more of the following:

1- Poor reading comprehension

2- Difficulty focusing / paying attention / ADD, etc

3- Poor impulse control (gets emotional and wants to answer right away).

I think I see a whole lot of number ones and threes on this site. And that makes me a little sad. Though in fairness, it can (sometimes) be hard to tell which is the case, without context.

Originally posted by boncho
I would say knee jerk reactions or emotional reactions are what I was trying to hit on. I think we let our emotions override are intellectual side quite often (people), including myself. There have been times I've read and OP, took it the wrong way, and re-read it a few mins later almost as if it was a completely different premise. Only because something triggered in my brain and automatically shelved it as nonsense.

As I said in this OP, I have the problem myself.

You seem both wise, and capable of honest self-reflection. I wish there were more people in the world like this. Unfortunately (as I think i implied in my earlier post) I can fall into this trap, myself. I think we all can. Some of us just seem a little better at smelling our own BS than others, am I right?

Again, great thread!
edit on 13-9-2012 by iwilliam because: punctuation!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
i passed only because i failed at another point.

i read it all because i didnt know where you were trying to go. then re-read the sidenote again and was like.

*face palm*

S & F

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

This is buried quite deep in the thread, but I'll say it anyway. PASSED!

And yeah... I know the stuff you post (and I enjoy it. Sarcasm makes the world go 'round, heh.) so I knew there was something coming at the end.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I read the opening peices, got hung up on the first line of "Everyone lies to you" and assumed the rest was a lie, before skipping the sidenote to move on and read the first couple of replies to your post, noticed the bit about the sidenote, went back - read that - and felt vindicated.

It doesn't necessarily mean someone has a weak mind if they're able to read beyond the words and understand the overall meaning of information being presented, without reading all of the information.

I do agree with you that we, as humans, are prone to irrational responses as neuroscience has shown that our brains operate 95% on subconscious impulses, and only 5% on conscious thought. To that affect - everyone has different areas which will illicit emotional responses to topics, and the only difference between a "weak" and "strong" mind is someone who's mindful of their own emotional responses and takes a step back to analyze them with some form of interpersonal clarity.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

as one who passed!

lol... cute!

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join