It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Mass Grave Found In Bosnia Mine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The remains of a mass grave thought to be containing at least 350 bodies in the waste dump at the site, have been found in the village of Miljevina. The remains that where found are thought to be those of Muslims from a Bosnian Serb detention camp in Foca who disappeared from the camp in 1992.

BBC NEWS
The Commission for Missing Persons in Bosnia said exhumations at the smaller site were difficult as it was covered by concrete blocks.

A spokeswoman said the exhumations at the smaller site would continue once the work at the Miljevina site had been completed.

Foca, about 70km (45 miles) southeast of Sarajevo, was one of the first Bosnian towns to fall into the hands of the Bosnian Serbs in 1992.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Links
UN International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia
International Commission on Missing Persons

I had a look at some more stories from the BBC site and found this if local Serb forces killed 7,000 people then I believe that these 350 people that have been found in the mine came to the same kind of horrible fate this is truly a horrible war crime this reminds me of the mass war graves of the Jews.
BBC NEWS

[edit on 9/8/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
One of the many reasons NATO bombed the place and trialed Milosevich for war crimes.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
last I heard about Milosevich on his trial for war crimes was that due to ill health it was held back to a later date he's an evil man.

new topics

join