It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Words Women Use (and men need to know)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'll let the vid do the talking as to how different we REALLY are.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

That's funny! So true too...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

When I made a thread about "Friends With Benefits" type of relationship, all the women said I should be straight forward and honest...

Women want us to be honest but they speak in codes. Now I'm more confused than ever. Do I need to be honest or do I need to play their little games?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17

When I made a thread about "Friends With Benefits" type of relationship, all the women said I should be straight forward and honest...

Women want us to be honest but they speak in codes. Now I'm more confused than ever. Do I need to be honest or do I need to play their little games?

Very Simple!

Both...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thanks, that cleared it up...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
I get chills down by spine when I hear the words: "We need to talk" When you hear that, pack your bags. Women don't need to tell you that they need to talk, they will just go right into what they need to say.

I got that"we need to talk" bit tonight.
Know what I do?
I do extra work and hide outside like I'm working my a$$ off.
Then I splash some water on myself like I'm sweating ,pop inside to see if she needs any help with anything,then go back out.
Just trying to work the guilt thing.
But,then again,I think her plan worked.

edit on 24-6-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The sooner men realize women are right in all things, the easier it gets..

1 simple lesson.

The "yes dear" answer.

Learn it and all is well..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17

I remember your thread... I'm in a realtionship like that with my ex-husband (of all people) for 4 years now. Friends with benefits, no commitment, but we love each other. We have a really strange relationship for ex's.

Women do need honesty, but sometimes the word "fine" or "whatever" is to let you know about frustration or displeasure in your choice/decision/thoughts without trying to start an argument.

Same with "honey, we need to talk". The wall automatically goes up for a man and usually ends up in a fight, when the women is usually just frustrated and needs to be listened to and understood, even if you don't agree.

Relationships are hard, and men and women's minds work differently. But we have to love and appreciate the other gender for those differences also.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Y'know.............. the "nothing" can be used by men also, but one has to first master the veiled mumble. proper delivery of the "nothing" such that it results in a win, is a fine art; it can't have any edge on it, or pouty man-petulance (which is the only kind of petulance we're capable of).

Her: "The sink is still draining slowly.

Translation: I've mentioned this at least three times already, and just because two were during NASCAR, doesn't mean that they don't count. p.s. your shaving flotsam disgusts me.

Him: " No problem, I'll get to it in a bit."

Translation: it's really the last thing I care about right now, but I'll do it so I don't have to play the "what's-the-matter" game. I plan on getting to it sometime within the next 24-hour period, but honestly, who really cares if the bathroom sink takes 7 seconds or four minutes to drain? I think the one who cares about it should do the work. (begin grumbling softly here).

Seventeen minutes later -- Her: " I was thinking about inviting ____________ over........ but I don't know........."

Translation: I really want you to get off your ass and fix that sink. Don't make me overdramatize how humiliated I'd be if _________ came over and saw how slowly our sink drains, or God forbid, mentioned it.

Him: (intentionally obtuse): "Sure, invite 'em over. Just let me know when.

The Game is afoot.

Eleven minutes later -- Her: "Well, we have a LOT to do before we can entertain anyone............. like cleaning the fans........ and fixing the sink...."

Him: silence. Going out to garage/tool shed for tools, mumbling ......... 'dammitall I SAID I was going to fix it, now the fan blades too? Just keep the stupid fan ON, and nobody has to look at the crud on it........ no brainer........ but noooooo, we have to clean things that nobody cares about....... dammit I can't have two stinkin' minutes to myself...."

Her, mysteriously teleporting to five feet behind him: "What'd you say?"

Him; : ''Oh....................... nothing, hon."

Her to self: "YES! victory!"

Him to self: BWA-haha-haaaaaaaaa

The foregoing was merely a dramatization, and reflective of nobody in particular, living or dead................. honeybunches.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join