It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Words Women Use (and men need to know)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
My friends and I were joking about how men and women just don't understand each other sometimes and I was reminded of this:

9 Words Women Use

1) Fine
This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
2) Five Minutes
If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
3) Nothing
This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine. (refer to #1)
4) Go Ahead
This is a dare, not permission. Don’t Do It!
5) Loud Sigh
This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot
and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)
6) That’s Okay
This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That’s okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
7) Thanks
A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you’re welcome. (I want to add in a clause here – This is true, unless she says ‘Thanks a lot’ – that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say ‘you’re welcome’ . that will bring on a ‘whatever’).
8 ) Whatever
Is a woman’s way of saying F– YOU!
9) Don’t worry about it, I got it
Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking ‘What’s wrong?’ For the woman’s response refer
to #3.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Why aren't women just straight up and tell it like it is instead of giving mixed signals and such?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Brilliant! Very funny and true indeed!

Thanks for posting this!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

I can see this one as being true:

1) Fine
This is the word women use to end an argument when THEY are right and YOU need to shut up.

But you need to add:

1a) Fine
This is the word women use to end an argument when YOU are right and YOU need to shut up.

Man, I love Women! If it weren't for them, where would we men be? A guy can only do so much fishing and drink so many beers. Then we need our sanity back.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
Why aren't women just straight up and tell it like it is instead of giving mixed signals and such?

Where's the fun in that?

The best thing about men and women is that we ARE different and we communicate differently.

Remember that in any relationship, if you don't argue or fight about something, it could be a sign of no relationship.

And we also wouldn't get that sweet make up lovin' when we are occasionally right!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Should be rather called "9 Words Blonde Bimbos and American Women" use because honestly, it's only those women who act and talk like that.
If you don't believe me, come to europe (i mean the real europe, not the UK)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

I tend to agree with that. It is mainly American and/or Americanized women who do things like this.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

True, MY girlfriend and i have such a good relation ship that we argue over clothes on the floor, or a pen! lol. Now im not bragging, may i am, but Im very lucky.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Oh wow this is so true.

Really.

IT IS!

Just read this with my girlfriend - she agrees! After she said "Whatever" a couple of times... That is.
edit on 23-6-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Those are "Words of Wisdom". Never been more happy to S&F. Now let me print it and hang it.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

To true, being the only male child in a family of 6 women and the baby at that, I can vouch for the veracity of this. I was bitter even before I knew what women were for.

Uh...could be that's why I'm still single.

Ah, what the heck, I'm still enjoying life. With and without 'em.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Their minds are conspiracy machines.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I think women are alittle insane in the brain. Just a little. They think they know things.
I dont hate women, i love my woman very much.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Their minds are conspiracy machines.

Conspiracies are easier to decipher.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

What are you talking about? Those are straight up! LoL...

Whatever...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Man, I love Women! If it weren't for them, where would we men be?

You wouldn't exist without us, baby doll.
Of course the opposite is true, too.
Fine... Whatever...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Yep... it goes both ways

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Fine... Whatever...

I hope you know I was complimenting Women...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Fine... Whatever...

I hope you know I was complimenting Women...

Absolutely... and I hope you know I was cutting up with you!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Exactly!

Men just need to understand we put an apostrophe in front of the word fine like this, 'fine. The apostrophe takes the place of the words "every thing is not."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join