It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA MADNESS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
As a Canadian, I went through an extensive background check, including a check by the FBI, to get my NEXUS card and it had to be further approved by customs in both Canada and the US before they would grant it. Today I just walk up to a machine in the airport, it scans my eyes after reading the radio chip in my card, asks me the same questions, pops me out a receipt and I walk into the US..

So given the very high level of security approval I have already received from BOTH the US and Canadian security services, why the hell should I have to be subjected to the TSA BS? It seems kind of loony tune that the US government has granted me a high enough security clearance to walk into it's country at will, yet every time I go to get on one of their planes they check me to see whether I have a bomb hidden in my drawers.

Rand Paul makes basically the same argument for frequent travelers and others who are clearly not a threat. In fact, he goes so far to call the Director stupid.

edit on 23-6-2011 by leo123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
it is stupid.

you jumped through all their hoops and yet your still made to feel like a criminal personally i would rather drive than fly and if i had to fly i would rather go through a private airports.

enough is enough

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I agree. I mentioned this to a TSA agent as I was getting an invasive pat down last week and even he agreed.

He didn't stop the pat down, though.

edit on 23-6-2011 by leo123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Whoa wait wait....a retinal scan? They're using retinal scans at the border now? When did this start? The only time I've ever driven to Canada was from Seattle about 3 years ago. I was denied entry and had my car impounded, but that's a different story. Didn't have my eyes scanned, but I think that was before the NEXUS card was in full swing. I did notice an insane amount of cameras at the border though. It was almost comical. Just curious about the eye scan. Is this something to be expected at the borders now?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
I was denied entry and had my car impounded, but that's a different story.

Good times, but that wasn't very neighborly of us, was it?

The retina scan is strictly for Nexus holders, and strictly at the airport not the crossings by car or ship.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Why?
Irrational psychological paranoia.

All government employees happen to suffer from this medical disorder. Go figure, it turns out we are the ones that are insane.

There is no sense!

edit on 23-6-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Seems like they wanted any excuse to hassle...
Eye scans wow, have heard of them in a few places, but first time with borders, guess that's the next wave of identification in combo with all kinds of paperwork

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
Seems like they wanted any excuse to hassle...
Eye scans wow, have heard of them in a few places, but first time with borders, guess that's the next wave of identification in combo with all kinds of paperwork

Using the Nexus card at the airport or by car at the border is slick as hell, especially by car as you totally avoid the usual 60 minute lineups completely.

new topics

top topics

join