It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch populist Geert Wilders acquitted of hate speech

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Dutch populist Geert Wilders acquitted of hate speech

Dutch populist politician Geert Wilders was acquitted of inciting hatred of Muslims in a court ruling on Thursday that may strengthen his political influence and exacerbate tensions over immigration policy.

The case was seen by some as a test of free speech in a country which has a long tradition of tolerance and blunt talk, but where opposition to immigration, particularly from Muslim or predominantly Muslim countries, is on the rise.

Why this man was on trial in the first place is beyond me. Is this what Europe has sunk to ... groveling at the feet of psychotic immigrants?
edit on 23-6-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Why this man was on trial in the first place is beyond me. Is this what Europe has sunk to ... groveling at the feet of psychotic immigrants?

Just like America!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by don rumsfeld

Just like America!

....oh the obummer jokes that could be told.....

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

But,...but,...He hurt there feelings. There must be justice!

Sarcasm off

As far as I'm concerned, If you can't run with the big dogs...stay on the porch. Geert runs with the big dogs.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The polotical correctness sweeping the western world is pathetic. My hats off to Geert it's good to see theres still some solid Dutchmen left.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

Wilders is regarded a nutcase by the majority of Dutch folk.

His voter base exists mostly of people that get scared and angry by what their television tells them, amongst them are rash people who know maybe 1% of Wilders' policies but jumped on the "bash Islam" bandwagon , but, you have to overlook that in order to push him internationally, he is after all an asset of the Israeli government.

The guy is insane, all he does is talk, he never comes up with concrete plans, economic policies are a joke...what else is there to it?

This whole court case was a joke from the start by the way. Media stunting to the max.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I'll admit I don't know much about the guy besides what I read in the article. So I'm happy to cede the floor to you my friend.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I am Dutch and I completely agree with you.

And I find this very strange from the beginning. Why trail somebody and go for innocent from the start?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Replace the things he said with Jews and Judaism and no one would fine it acceptable.

The Amsterdam court had used a Supreme Court ruling -- that an offensive statement about someone's religion was not a criminal offence -- as the basis of its decision, leading to acquittal, the judge said.

For a country that uses Decoy Jewsto catch anti-semitic people who target them for their religion, i find this extremely hyprocritical.

Netherlands holds itself in high regard for being a tolerant country, but that now does not stem to religious tolerance it seems.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This was an attempt to criminalise any opposition to the multi-cultural dismemberment of the EU - Wilders allready has to live 24/7 with an armed gaurd, as indeed does anyone who publicy speaks out against the islamification of Europe.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Hey what we as a population think feel or do, is completely different as what the politicians say about certain topics.

My group of friends is huge, and we are from almost every nation and religion in this world packed into one nice Dutch package.

Trust me, it works.

edit on 24/6/11 by sevensheeps because: spelling

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
double post
edit on 24/6/11 by sevensheeps because: DP hehehe

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

I asure you nobody cares about that man here, just a few losers and wannabes and some racists.

Only the media does with their anti muslim pro Israel anti love agenda.

peace

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sevensheeps
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

I asure you nobody cares about that man here, just a few losers and wannabes and some racists.

Only the media does with their anti muslim pro Israel anti love agenda.

peace

I do, I am not racist, I'm not pro israel, I am however anti muslim.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazmeister

I do, I am not racist, I'm not pro israel, I am however anti muslim.

You should really start thinking harder before you post.

If you support Wilders you are supporting Israel. The trick he plays is by portraying himself as anti-Muslim to get anti-Muslim gathering. See it as checkers and your ignorant view is worth a single pawn, but as soon as you infiltrate the other side(religious tolerance) you are free to destroy as much as you can. This is Wilders in a nutshell. With Mossad's history I wouldn't put it past Wilders for him to be an implanted agent in Dutch politics.

So if you care about your Netherlands you would be wise to research the politicians you support.

And by the way, Islamic secularism has been developing in the Netherlands, just wait for the next generation to grow up.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is pathetic, this couldn't happen in America

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

So your a racist in denial.

tssk

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sevensheeps

So your a racist in denial.

tssk

Religion is not a race.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I am talking about the 'us against them religion mate that's been going on this decennium .

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Yeah that generation is all studying hard on universities. Trust me, 65% is Dutch with 2 passports on my university and believe me they are 70% women. And I am not even counting the exchange students in my calculation, man it is a gift from heaven.

Anywho,

goodnight.

peace

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join