It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A T S - is losing credibility with this ..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
extremely big numbers of ads that could save a lot of bandwidth..

And the new members here, who finds ATS and the first impression is the same when you visit infowars etc..

ADS ! xP

Really?!
More and more members here use this to "debunk" other members here..

"" you got this from a fear mongering website with ADS that sells you gold coins of our corrupted royal family ... ""

By all means don't remove them ..

But have ADS that have nothing to do with this forum does not make sense ..

And it`s kinda messy and does make the site look cheap..

edit on 23-6-2011 by Anunakki because:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Why not take money from the system to fund a place that facilitates bringing the truth to the masses?

I see no problem here.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

edit on 23-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It's a free site to come to and participate.

The owners need to pay for expenses....

Sure there is a few annoying ads but not that bad

Also.... I believe if you are logged in as a member you will see less ads.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

By all means don't remove them .. But have ADDS that have nothing to do with this forum does not make sense ..

I know, they keep showing me a juicy burger from a burger place 4 hours away from me. It looks so good, not fair that I have no access to A&W here

It's a cruel and unusual sufferance.

edit on 23-6-2011 by snowspirit because: Now I'm hungry.......

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

edit on 23-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I used to have my ad blocking software turned off on ATS... as a way of support.
After all, it was requested that those of us with ad blockers turn them off so that we can view ATS's advertisers.

But the past week... whenever I sign on ATS... an anomalous program keeps trying to download itself onto my computer.
The "administrative permission" box pops up saying something is trying to download, so I cancel the download... and the box pops up again. I cancel it. It pops up again. A never ending loop.
The only way to stop it is to open the task manager and end the processes associated with the anomalous program.

After this virus-like program tried to download itself on my computer twice... I said screw it, and turned my ad-blocking software on again. Now, I haven't had any problems.

I just wonder... what on earth is causing it?
edit on 23-6-2011 by xFloggingMaryx because: question.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

edit on 23-6-2011 by jerryznv because: Who cares...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Anunakki

Actualy, the thing that loses a community of our ilk credibility is NOT advertising. What loses a site credibility , is people repeating unfounded rumour, making claims without posting some sort of evidence, and worse than that, getting uppety when people pull them up on it.

That is the ONLY genuine errosion of our credibility as a community. Everything else is just window dressing for the main event.
edit on 23-6-2011 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical/ spelling error removal. My apologies as always... TB out.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I have little patience for people making frequent use of a free resource having the chutzpah to whine about having to be confronted by a few ads. Sites like this cost real money to run and to continue to build value. Sites this popular have every reason to expect a good return for the value it provides.

By the way, what do YOU do for a living? Do YOU give YOUR labor away for free? Would you tolerate anyone bitching to you for having the audacity to charge for a service or product you might provide?

Here is an idea, permantly ban any freeloader who wasted bandwidth by complaining about a few ads. The basis would be such a person is obviously intellectually or morally incapable of contributing rationally to the site.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

ATS does its best to only run "clean ads" but every once in five and a half blue moons a naughty ad slips through. Whenever something like this happens PLEASE report it using the Complaint feature and give as much information as you can, such as which anti-virus/firewall gave the alert as well as the actual alert it gave, i.e. the name of possible malware, source site, etc. The naughty ad will be tracked down (if it actually originated from ATS), skinned alive, shot in the head, stabbed in the heart, drowned, hanged, gassed, electrificuted and killed after it has been infected with the ebola virus. Promise!

edit on 23-6-2011 by Gemwolf because: Grammar police! Oh no!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Yes you are right...I am removing my post...good job... have pointed out my ignorance!

Thanks...lesson learned!

Edit...forgive the interuption...carry on with the ATS ad bashing party!
edit on 23-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Perhaps we should make this a pay site so there's no ads...or even make a portion of this website a subscription that you pay for. This way we could have at least part of the site without ads (the ads don't bother me BTW), but more importantly we could have a section of the website where there are less of the ridiculous posts from the summer influx of idiocy...I would absolutely pay for that!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anunakki
extremely big numbers of ads that could save a lot of bandwidth..

Hmmm you are a new member...

You need to know that ATS staff needs the millions made on ads to support them selves and their wild excursions

But all you have to do is become a good contributor and learn the vanishing ads trick

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

ok - lets cut to the chase - if you dont want adverts - who will pay the expences this website requires ?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by xFloggingMaryx
I used to have my ad blocking software turned off on ATS... as a way of support.
After all, it was requested that those of us with ad blockers turn them off so that we can view ATS's advertisers.

But the past week... whenever I sign on ATS... an anomalous program keeps trying to download itself onto my computer.
The "administrative permission" box pops up saying something is trying to download, so I cancel the download... and the box pops up again. I cancel it. It pops up again. A never ending loop.
The only way to stop it is to open the task manager and end the processes associated with the anomalous program.

After this virus-like program tried to download itself on my computer twice... I said screw it, and turned my ad-blocking software on again. Now, I haven't had any problems.

I just wonder... what on earth is causing it?
edit on 23-6-2011 by xFloggingMaryx because: question.

Couldnt agree more, and all this from the website with a tagline that says deny ignorance.. Strangley enough, no adblocking means that you can be and are tracked, whether its for advertising purposes or not, many of these companies log ip addresses...

If your curious as to what ad companies/beacons are doing the tracking on this site just download ghostery for firefox, it gives you a plethora of info on what ad company is tracking you and what details they store...Usually about 12 trackers a page here on ATS

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Trust me, the ads aren't the thing that makes this site lose credibility. Rumors aren't either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join