It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study Finds Direct Link Between Vaccines and Infant Mortality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

New Study Finds Direct Link Between Vaccines and Infant Mortality

www.infowars.com

A shocking new study published in a prestigious medical journal has found a direct statistical link between higher vaccine doses and infant mortality rates in the developed world, suggesting that the increasing number of inoculations being forced upon children by medical authorities, particularly in the United States which administers the highest number of vaccines and also has the highest number of infant deaths, is in fact having a detrimental impact on health.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
As if this wasnt already obvious. Of course shooting up an 8lb child with God only knows how many vaccines that these companies arent responsible for is a bad thing. But please do continue to listen to everything Government tells you. I heard it worked well for the Germans. The fact that the American population lets this continue is amazing considering the vast amount of evidence found by a simple google search alone.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This article stands in stark contrast to the scores of largely accepted sources:

www.care2.com...
www.immunize.org...
www.globalhealth.org...
www.npr.org...

It appears we are being encouraged to subject our children to the vaccines.... and they call it 'evidence-based' science. Meanwhile studies following their own methods which contradict their encouragement to participate in such programs are always called anything but credible.

Were I more disengaged, I would really be left wondering who I was to believe.....

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The government knows what their doing and what's in these "vaccines", as I call it.

Sucks because we can't stop them. Ever.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

will have to read the full article - but the table shows serious errors in the claim

italy , new zealand , south korea

all show that there must be other factors affecting IMF

this is bloody obvious - but some people seem fatally blinkered and blame only one factor

in this case vaccines

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Not that I'm trying to defend these authors or validate their study, but I did read their claim the correlation coefficient was .70 which means 70% correlates to vaccine use and 30% has absolutely nothing at all to do with vaccine use, so they are admitting to the 30% non-related in the paper, which I think you're trying to say some of the deaths are not vaccine related. The authors acknowledge that.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

As everything in the nation anything that is backed by big pharma is the truth and anything else from independent studies is false and misleading, that is how things are run in this nation and is not solely on children vaccinations.

Bit pharma is killing more people and now babies than any other malady in the nation but is OK they are the experts and backed by the FDA.

A small baby body with a clean system been inundated by toxic vaccines is bound to suffer on the long term, vaccines should be administered when the child is older no right after coming out of the womb or in the first years.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Im amazed that people are so pissed off about this but my last topic doing with population control seems to be okay with everyone.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

I honestly don't know why Infowars is allowed as a source here.

As I disregard anything they report due it's insane senationalism and scare mongering.

I'll read the study however.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

If this was just an Alex Jones blog with no sources of information to reference, we probably wouldn't 'allow' it. But we don't disallow anything really, we have standards that require a journalistic effort. Hence, you will not see the multi-paragraph completely reference-free diatribe of Mr. Rensee, for example in Breaking News.. But because the source study is there for all to see, we can be sure that among us there are those who will point out any discrepancies in Mr. Jone's production may have attempted to 'spin.'

As for the fear mongering... it is his style and many, like you, are repulsed by it. He seems to have quite a loyal following nevertheless, which says something about the differences in attitude over his opinions. Unlike many, I have little use for his opinions; but he does gather some noteworthy information that others seem to ignore or lie about.

edit on 23-6-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
When looking at a study that relates to anything, it's important to understand the qualifications of the authors. Five minutes on google gives you a "Computer scientist" and a "Medical research journalist" who is director of the "Global Vaccine Institute"

Neil Miller

Gary GoldmanGary Goldman

Statistical analysis is a funny thing. With some care and expertise, it's possible to make statistics show almost anything you want, especially if you have an agenda to start with.

Practice doubt. One study which starts out with a clear bias in the case of it's primary author, does not proof make.

I'm not saying that the premise is inherently false, but this study proves nothing either way.

For example, the conclusion given by the study

The US childhood immunization schedule requires 26 vaccine doses for infants aged less than 1 year, the most in the world, yet 33 nations have better IMRs.Using linear regression, the immunization schedules of these 34 nations were examined and a correlation coefficient of 0.70 ( p < 0.0001) was found between IMRs and the number of vaccine doses routinely given to infants. When nations were grouped into five different vaccine dose ranges (12–14, 15–17, 18–20,21–23, and 24–26), 98.3 % of the total variance in IMR was explained by the unweighted linear regression model. These findings demonstrate a counter-intuitive relationship: nations that require more vaccine doses tend to have higher infant mortality rates .

A does not equal B. Just because the US has more vaccine doses for infants aged less than 1 year, does not mean that this is the CAUSE of the high IMR. You cannot prove the correlation without a much larger amount of information. Consider this list of countries with universal health care.
Countries with Universal health care

Ignore the other information, simply look at the list of countries, and then compare them to the list of countries in the study we are talking about. It's amazing how universal health care and a low infant mortality rate are correlated. The U.S. does not have universal health care. I would postulate that this has a far greater impact on Infant mortality rates than vaccine schedules.

Question everything, especially coming from people with an agenda.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Inannamute

Excellent points raised! Correlation does not mean causation. In a well-known example, it can be shown that in a given population, summers with higher than average ice cream consumption also have higher than average drowning deaths. Statistically speaking, there is a correlation between ice cream consumption and drowning. Never mind that, quite possibly, higher than average temperatures might contribute to both factors.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Multiple other studies have shown the contrary to this article that is infowars approved. The fact that Alex Jones approves of it really kills its credibility and the fact that every other article says other wise and the study from the 90's and link to autism as well. More fear mongering and scare tactics by the "alternative medicine" crowd./

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
You have to find a good doctor and make these decisions on your own. And be willing to stand up for yourself.

I went toe-to-toe with a school in Texas that was trying to push for me to give my son too many vaccines too fast - to the point that my doctor said it could harm his immune system and/or keep him from actually developing the immunities.

(We were "behind" because we moved from a state that didn't require as many vacs.)

But I fought and won - and we gave the vaccinations on the schedule my doctor recommended. And my son wasn't removed from school, either.

We always erred on the side of caution, and chose doctors to support this - slower vaccination schedule, giving the kids' bodies time to develop proper immunities, etc. Both of my kids have all their immunizations and are very healthy.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
Multiple other studies have shown the contrary to this article that is infowars approved. The fact that Alex Jones approves of it really kills its credibility and the fact that every other article says other wise and the study from the 90's and link to autism as well. More fear mongering and scare tactics by the "alternative medicine" crowd./

Yes bla bla fear monger strawman argument. We know. Go off spread your disinfo elsewhere bear.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
You have to find a good doctor and make these decisions on your own. And be willing to stand up for yourself.

I went toe-to-toe with a school in Texas that was trying to push for me to give my son too many vaccines too fast - to the point that my doctor said it could harm his immune system and/or keep him from actually developing the immunities.

(We were "behind" because we moved from a state that didn't require as many vacs.)

But I fought and won - and we gave the vaccinations on the schedule my doctor recommended. And my son wasn't removed from school, either.

We always erred on the side of caution, and chose doctors to support this - slower vaccination schedule, giving the kids' bodies time to develop proper immunities, etc. Both of my kids have all their immunizations and are very healthy.

You can get an exemption form in Texas.... for now anyway.

Also, while I am in the camp that correlation does not equal causitation I do want to point out that dubunking said article based on the above grounds does not mean you have dubunked the autism argument nor the too many vaccines too fast one.

Also another factor I have read in IMR is the fire proofing of the mattresses them selves. the toxic fumes expelled are said to rest on the mattress and teh baby then breathes them in. There is also the argument that some SIDS cases are very close to a vaccine administration.

I prefer we keep this professional offer up more information guys, not just chalk it to hippies not wanting to protect their child and calling it child abuse etc.
edit on 24-6-2011 by scoobdude because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2011 by scoobdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I agree that I haven't proven that this study is necessarily wrong, but I HAVE proven that it's not necessarily correct in the conclusions drawn. Also, does anyone know where exactly this study was published? Peer review is a very important part of scientific 'proof"

I'm not asking anyone to believe anything either way, I just want to argue for skepticism and concrete evidence. For a study like this to be offered up as proof, it would need to be controlled for every other factor.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Vaccines and Western medicine are the reason half of us are actually alive.

Yes big pharma are turning over a massive profit and yes you'll probably be okay without vaccines (I sure as hell am), but vaccines aren't killing people.

It's a ridiculous notion with no evidence and never will have evidence because there is none.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
Vaccines and Western medicine are the reason half of us are actually alive.

Western "heroic" medicine saves lives. But the drugs they put you on to extend teh suffering is not what i call.."saving LIFE". Besides.. do you have any proof or should we just believe you?

Yes big pharma are turning over a massive profit and yes you'll probably be okay without vaccines (I sure as hell am), but vaccines aren't killing people.

www.hrsa.gov...
As per that link it seems there are over 14,000 claims < shrug >

It's a ridiculous notion with no evidence and never will have evidence because there is none.

So they how can you argue either point above that you made? Or was this supposed to be dry humor made for witty folk?
edit on 25-6-2011 by scoobdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I honestly don't know why Infowars is allowed as a source here.

Infowars isn't the real source. If you don't like the fact Infowars reported it, why don't you click on the link within the article that takes you to the research study itself. Alex Jones and his people didn't conduct this research.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join