It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Of Space Shuttle: An Ailen Agenda ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I have been thinking. Is there a more covert reason why the Space Shuttle programme is being retired? Yes money and budget concerns are being cited but i cant help think there is much more to it than that. According to some reports in the UFO investigations Humans were told to stay away from the Moon. What is happening now? Is this a pre Disclourse move to ground all Earth vessels before the long awaited announcement?

What does everyone think?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
I have been thinking. Is there a more covert reason why the Space Shuttle programme is being retired? Yes money and budget concerns are being cited but i cant help think there is much more to it than that. According to some reports in the UFO investigations Humans were told to stay away from the Moon. What is happening now? Is this a pre Disclourse move to ground all Earth vessels before the long awaited announcement?

What does everyone think?

How about sharing those "reports" to back up your thoughts? Many people may not be aware of them

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The space shuttle doesnt go to the moon.

It goes about 400 miles from earth.

NASA has had its funding cut....the ISS is complete....there are cheaper methods to put satellites into orbit.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I have thought almost the same thing about the space shuttle? Why do we hardly hear about this retirement? you think there would be more to do about it anyway? I dont think it has to do with the aliens telling them not to come to the moon because we have made several missons to space since and am sure would not be as stupid to defy them. Just my thought anyhow, but yes definitly think something is going on other than budget.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
hey who knows, a lot of people out there seem to think we never even made it to the moon... maybe we never really did?
or maybe we have, and have been sending people there for years and years? the only way to really know 100% is to go there yourself I guess... so, there ya have it.

to be honest, my guess is they're retiring the space shuttle because they're getting ready to start up the next space vehicles, which have been in development for several years. Can't think of his name now off the top of my head, but the guy who owns Virgin is one of the main people involved. :: goes and looks it up quick :: ah yes, Richard Branson.

www.virgin.com...

Jan 19th, 2011:

www.virgin.com...

Virgin Galactic has announced another successful test flight at the start of a huge year for the commercial spaceline.Glide Flight 04 took place recently and was described by Virgin Galactic as "another great glide flight".

There's also a pretty cool video they put up.

edit on 23-6-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Sorry but I don't see it that its anything other than it appears .
Incompetence on the part of NASA and budget cuts forced by two pointless but expensive wars and a raid on world finance by the IMF and the Powers that be .

It is a sad episode in our history , I believe that future generations will look back at this point in history with disbelief at how we could take the first step on our journey and then do nothing .

link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Why do we hardly hear about this retirement? you think there would be more to do about it anyway?

Because if it doesn't involve Justin Beiber or American Idol most people couldn't care less about it.

link   
well ignoring the fact that the space shuttle simply doesn't leave low earth orbit, ever, are we all forgetting the fact that these shuttles are ancient and unsafe? It's extremely expensive to operate and dangerous, as we've learned from recent disasters and near misses.

Beyond the fact that they intend to replace the shuttle with a more appropriate vehicle, and nasa is currently designing a craft capable of taking us back to the moon.

As for the reports about aliens telling us not to go to the moon. i wouldn't hold your breath.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

haha I'm not, my guess is they're phasing out the space shuttle and getting ready for commercial spaceflight, want to let me borrow a couple million dollars so I can go?

With this in mind, it has watched the growth of the commercial manned orbital field closely. The second phase of NASA’s Commercial Crew Development Program (CCDEV2), designed to stimulate development of privately-operated crew vehicles to low Earth orbit, presents an opportunity for Virgin Galactic to start to map a path towards a commercial orbital service for fare-paying passengers by encouraging reusable technologies and designs which can offer important advantages to safety, cost and passenger experience.

www.virgin.com...

edit on 23-6-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Its fairly safe to say that because of the safety record, the enormous cost in launching and bringing it back, budget cuts and investment in new technology, that there is simply not enough money to keep an outdated shuttle in service.

Its not as though the whole space program has been ditched throughout the world....which you would kinda expect if an advanced alien race had told you to stay put.

ESA, NASA, CIDA-E, ASAL, APSCO, CSO etc......are still space agencies...and are still in business.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

my guess is they're phasing out the space shuttle and getting ready for commercial spaceflight

Well that is indeed a goal. but right now, with the current budgets, Nasa simply can't afford to keep sending the shuttle up into orbit, it costs too much.

Maybe opening that to the private sector will see great advances in technology, not limited by the US government. The space program is anything but dead, but for a while the US is going to rely on Russia, and possibly commercial agencies, to get it's gear into space.

If the Us wasn't currently fighting at least 3 wars, there might be more wiggle room.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Yes, you are absolutely right. There is more going on! Not only are the shuttles costly to maintain, they are also incredibly old, brittle, dusty, cooked, fried and an absolute nightmare to maintain.

DO you know how much work goes into each shuttle between launches? Well let me tell you. It takes 3 months and over a billion dollard to get each one of those birds ready between flights.

NOt to mention that any one of them could explode at any time since they are highly un-reliable. They were initially built with the (flawed) belief that re-usability would make them cost less-per-flight. That quickly turned out to be a joke. Quite franly, I'm surprised the shuttles lasted as long as they did.

The Russians were wise enough to scrap their shuttles early... as soon as they realized what a huge money pit they would be. As a consequence, they had to re-invent and built the heavy lifter that lifts all heavy payloads for every country in the world.

Now, 20 years behind the russians, Americans are starting to follow the same route and decided to scrap the (incredibly stupid) constelation program and are deciding, instead to work on a heavy lifter that can take us not only "to the moon" but also way beyond it.

IMHO, the space shuttle set space flight back about 25 years.

The space shuttle is the cadilac of space ships. Huge, loud, brutal, unreliable and a complete waste of money. It is the AMERICAN way!
edit on 23-6-2011 by darius2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Is there a more covert reason why the Space Shuttle programme is being retired?

Sure... it is no longer needed

And don't forget the Air Force and Navy have their own now

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well as to what i was saying about being told to stay away from the Moon, the story goes like this. According to NASA Astronaut Neil Armstrong the Aliens have a base on the Moon and told us in no uncertain terms to get off and stay off the Moon! Milton Cooper a Naval Intelligence Officer tell us that not only does the Alien Moon Base exist but the US Naval Intelligence Community refers to the Alien Moon Base as “Luna”, that there is a huge mining operation going on there, and that is where the Aliens keep their huge mother ships while the trips to Earth are made in smaller “flying saucers”. LUNA: The Alien base on the far side of the Moon. It was seen and filmed by the Apollo Astronauts. Both Neil Armstrong and Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin saw UFOs shortly after that historic landing on the Moon in Apollo 11 on 21 July 1969.

As to the shuttle you are right in observing it can only do orbits of the Earth and trips to higher orbit to visit the ISS. However if necessary i am sure it can be adapted for longer voyages as shown in Deep Impact and Armegeddon for example. However i also realise the Shuttles were aging and yes it needs replacing, but surely common sense or logic would dictacte that they be phased out replaced with something new and upto date. Not a sudden shutdown of everything all at once! This is what is leading me to be suspicious and think something more is going on than is being let on as i alluded to earlier.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon, how about a link. That triangle seems all to familiar but I'd be interested in some reading material.

Thx

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Not once did Buzz or Neil ever mention any 'Alien Craft', 'Aliens', 'Secret Bases' or anything of the sort. I have listened to many of the 'proported evidence' and there is nothing there. Stop saying this as it simply is not true.

UFO = simple as that (Unidentified Flying Object which turns out to be space junk or things comming off the space ships ie pieces breaking off unexpectedly.)

Do you really need to be calling these guys liars? Don't make Buzz knock you one in the mouth.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Is there a more covert reason why the Space Shuttle programme is being retired?

Sure... it is no longer needed

And don't forget the Air Force and Navy have their own now

Ahhh now the military hardware and black programmes are a different kettle of fish altogether. It would not surprise me that the military has some pretty impressive craft in their posession!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

LUNA: The Alien base on the far side of the Moon

"Luna" is our base on farside
US Army under Brigadier General Trudeau headed by Werner von Braun Project Horizon completed 1962

Here is a Radio Shack commercial filmed on ISS by Luna Corp..

"Luna Corp. created several projects that engaged the public's interest in space, and that were aimed at enabling direct participation in space exploration. It was founded in 1989 and was dissolved in 2003 after working with NASA, the Russian space agency and commercial sponsors on visionary projects. The company's former president, David Gump, is now CEO of Transformational Space Corp.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The space shuttle fleet is 30 years old and well past it's service life, according to NASA it costs $600 million per launch.

The X-33 was to be the successor to the shuttle program but after spending over $1.5 billion on development over 5 years NASA dropped the program.

Rumors of a final attempt by the Air Force to restart the project came just last year until the White House vetoed any new evaluations of the X-33.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
Rumors of a final attempt by the Air Force to restart the project came just last year until the White House vetoed any new evaluations of the X-33.

USAF X-37B space plane on return from mission [classified]

Air Force Primes X-37B Space Plane for Next Secret Mission
www.space.com...
edit on 23-6-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join