It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil government identifies uncontacted tribe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Associated Press
Brazil government identifies uncontacted tribe
By JULIANA BARBASSA , 06.21.11, 06:48 PM EDT

RIO DE JANEIRO -- The Brazilian government confirmed this week the existence of an uncontacted tribe in a southwestern area of the Amazon rain forest

Lost Trbe

This thread was started when I searched for lost tribes while reasearching the thread about the tribe in Papua New Guinea that was filmed in 1976. This tribe was only "discovered" about 3 or 4 days ago.

From what I read the're going to leave this tribe alone. Hopefully.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is the second or third uncontacted brazilian tribe that has been identified today

edit on 23-6-2011 by hiwhatsup because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2011 by hiwhatsup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I searched and didn't see this but maybe I ddn't use enough key words. Mods please close if duplicate

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Who" lost" those tribes?
Was it typical civilization?
Or does the trible know quite well that civilization is "out there," and that they are surrounded but, they chose to live as they do except for a bit of trade now and then for simple goods--no laptops--just maybe a shotgun and cartridges now and then.

At any rate, they will rue the day they were "discovered" as researchers and missionaries flock to "help" and know them.

I recommend a good book about a missionary that lived with his youngsters for several years with a "lost tribe" in the Amazon. The title: "Don't sleep, There Be Snakes." (That was their way of saying "Goodnight."
The missionary learned so much from the little trible that he eventually give up his religion as he saw through the framework (matrix?) that is accepted in the "civilized" world today.

It is a mind expanding book, a primer for how we will have to individually struggle with our understanding of more distant alien cultures when that time comes....and it is coming.

top topics

join