It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Baby Pat-Downs! TSA Announces Changes to Kid Screenings.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

www.theblaze.com...

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has been under scrutiny for some time now over what are said to be intrusive airport search techniques and policies. Likely responding to public complaints and outrage, the TSA announced earlier today that it will be revising its policies when it comes to screening young children. TSA chief John Pistole made the pronouncement in a Senate committee hearing.

Finally, a small victory. Now let's make sure to hold them to it.

This should never had been an issue in the first place. Fondling our children is not an option and I don't care who says it's because of terrorist threats. If we are so scared of the bogeyman that we allow our children to be groped by strangers, guess who wins?

Rand Paul is also still calling for a stop to all random pat-downs. Let's hope he's heard where it counts.

These are the videos that went viral and finally made a difference. WE WIN!

And the one that really did it!

consumerist.com...

After incidents like the pat-down of an infant at a Kansas City airport landed the Transportation Security Administration in a public relations mess, the head of the agency said this morning that TSA has changed its policies regarding the screening of small children.

Love this quote:

"It makes me think you're clueless, if you think she's going to attack our country and that you're not doing your research on the people who want to attack our country... I think you ought to get rid of the random pat-downs. The American public is unhappy with them, they're unhappy with the invasiveness of them. The Internet is full of jokes about the invasiveness of the pat-down searches and we ought to just consider, is this what we're willing to do."

edit on 23-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Agreed. Fondling children should have not happened. Period. Last I checked, children don't care weapons, bombs, drugs, or anything like that. And should not have to be subjected to that kind of, for lack of a better term, 'torture'

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The consensus on my thread from yesterday is that this is damage control by the TSA to try to offset the impending "no groping" law in Texas.

They think if they offer the public the impression that they are willing to bend to pressure, that TX might not pass that law and a few months later, the TSA will go back to business as usual.

They tried threats and that looks like it may not work so now they are offering a carrot in the hopes they can lead TX away from the no groping law.

This change isn't that great anyway; they only said they will try to change their procedures so they don't have to grope kids anymore.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6/23/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
The consensus on my thread from yesterday is that this is damage control by the TSA to try to offset the impending "no groping" law in Texas.

Damn! I searched for "No More Baby Pat-Downs? TSA Announces Changes to Kid Screenings" and nothing came up.

This was the exact title of the article so that's what I went with.

Apologies for the re-post.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
While many people have been fighting this kind of thing, I think we can mark that one down to Alex Jones.
So much for his detractors.

Keep goin Jonesy!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bussoboy
While many people have been fighting this kind of thing, I think we can mark that one down to Alex Jones.
So much for his detractors.

Keep goin Jonesy!

I believe you're right on this one. While many gave up the fight and sunk to complacency, Alex ramped it up even louder.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

WE WIN!

Hardly. This will just give the govt and vocal ignorant majority the ability to say, "You anti-TSA people need to relax! They stopped groping infants! See how fair they are?"

Let's see if they keep pushing for a stop to ALL of it.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenWeenie
reply to post by jude11

WE WIN!

Hardly. This will just give the govt and vocal ignorant majority the ability to say, "You anti-TSA people need to relax! They stopped groping infants! See how fair they are?"

Let's see if they keep pushing for a stop to ALL of it.

'They' will keep pushing for a stop if THE PEOPLE keep pushing for a stop.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Touche.

But that majority only cares what the news has to say about it, and it's pretty one sided.

top topics

join