It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on what I'm seeing...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
First off, there are 2 things that i see that confound me. And this is about what I am literally seeing, so I can't take a picture, I can't record it, sorry.

I have asked An Ophthalmologist and a few Optometrists and all give me this funny look but neither can explain.

I will do my best to describe it...

I can't remember when it first started... But when I gaze at the sky, I see stars basically all the time, but they're not the normal stars from standing up too fast or whatnot, I know the difference (I have a condition that causes me to see this quite often). These are also not floaters, as I know what they look like too (And floaters don't sparkle). These are a lot dimmer 'stars' and take up all of my vision. I cannot see them when I look at anything dark, and I also don't see them when looking at a TV or a computer monitor.

I had just had my eyes examined by an Ophthalmologist and she said my eyes had no disease or anything, but that I needed glasses, which I already knew.

Another thing that I see, is when I stare for long periods of time, I see what appears to be a fast-moving clouded tunnel aiming at the center point in my vision, which can appear as if I am riding in a cloudy tunnel quickly going backwards. It is not black in any way, but clear, yet still visible. Once it appears, it is hard to make it go away. It isn't disorienting in anyway and doesn't seem to do it when I am not staring. If I an depth of thought, I do not see it, so my mind has to be clear. Like I said, my eyes have a clear bill of health, also my body is also very healthy.

I am beginning to wonder if the 'stars' are actually particles of something... but what?

The cloudy vision? I only can guess it's something normal - at least for me - but whatever it is, it sure is cool

I hope that wasn't too confusing as they're both really hard to describe... Either way, suggestions, ideas of just about any sort I'm wiling to hear, even if it is normal.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Sounds kinda "cool" but all I can really say is it reminds me of the expression "I'm seeing stars" and makes me wonder how many times you've watched Donnie Darko.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritualStar
First off, there are 2 things that i see that confound me. And this is about what I am literally seeing, so I can't take a picture, I can't record it, sorry.

I have asked An Ophthalmologist and a few Optometrists and all give me this funny look but neither can explain.

I can't remember when it first started... But when I gaze at the sky, I see stars basically all the time, but they're not the normal stars from standing up too fast or whatnot, I know the difference (I have a condition that causes me to see this quite often). These are also not floaters, as I know what they look like too (And floaters don't sparkle). These are a lot dimmer 'stars' and take up all of my vision. I cannot see them when I look at anything dark, and I also don't see them when looking at a TV or a computer monitor.

I had just had my eyes examined by an Ophthalmologist and she said my eyes had no disease or anything, but that I needed glasses, which I already knew.

Another thing that I see, is when I stare for long periods of time, I see what appears to be a fast-moving clouded tunnel aiming at the center point in my vision, which can appear as if I am riding in a cloudy tunnel quickly going backwards. It is not black in any way, but clear, yet still visible. Once it appears, it is hard to make it go away. It isn't disorienting in anyway and doesn't seem to do it when I am not staring. If I an depth of thought, I do not see it, so my mind has to be clear. Like I said, my eyes have a clear bill of health, also my body is also very healthy.

I am beginning to wonder if the 'stars' are actually particles of something... but what?

The cloudy vision? I only can guess it's something normal - at least for me - but whatever it is, it sure is cool

I hope that wasn't too confusing as they're both really hard to describe... Either way, suggestions, ideas of just about any sort I'm wiling to hear, even if it is normal.

Maybe the problem is not in the eyes, but in the brain.
And maybe you have higher awareness and you see other dimensions as well
. Who knows.
Interesting.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I can't comment personally about the stars you see, but I also see that tunnel wormhole thing and have most of my life. It's usually when I'm around water, pools, lakes, oceans. It's like a see thru hologram of a wormhole tunnel and I'm traveling through it.

It looks like this sort of...

I don't know what the Hell it is or why I see it at times, I'd love to hear someone explain what that phenom is.
edit on 23-6-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritualStar

tunnel vision could be a symptom of a detached retina but I'd expect the doctor to have already diagnosed that. Strange. the only time I see "stars" that aren't there is when I'm about to pass out.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I experince the same thing very strange to explain

but here is a little help

"Nov 01, 2007 – In ophthalmology, mouches volantes are free-floating particles in the eye´s vitreous which impair the eyesight of the person affected. The common English term for these is »eye floaters«. "

www.prlog.org...

flashing dots ? anxiety of some sort to trigger it?

ehealthforum.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
For your consideration...

Maybe you are seeing a different part of the light spectrum! Wild idea isn't it?

Play with this idea...see if when wearing polarized sunglasses if you are able to look directly at the sun. I do not mean a quick glimpse, I mean stare at it!

Sounds kooky right?

However, I can do it, and according to medicine and science my retinas should be burned.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung
edit on 23-6-2011 by ChungTsuU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
I experince the same thing very strange to explain

but here is a little help

"Nov 01, 2007 – In ophthalmology, mouches volantes are free-floating particles in the eye´s vitreous which impair the eyesight of the person affected. The common English term for these is »eye floaters«. "

www.prlog.org...

flashing dots ? anxiety of some sort to trigger it?

ehealthforum.com...

They aren't flashing, they're just there. They don't impair my vision in any way, really. They are also not floaters, I know what they look like both the stringy ones and the what I like to call single 'cell' ones. And the only thing that triggers these 'glowing particles' is looking at the sky.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about, as I have the same thing happen to me ocassionally. The Light sparkles I started seeing probably 10 years ago or so, but the cloud funnel I've seen ever since I was a little kid. I would usually start seeing it and stare at it out the window when I was on car trips with my parents. You can see it clearest when you have a clear blue sky as a backround. I also see it when I'm taking walks. Dunno what either are, but it's never really bugged me, so I ignore it.

link   
wow, funny you said that
I went outside last weekend

and I was thinking about ATS cause what else would I do while I'm away from ATS and outside
and I'm looking at the sky at the clouds wondering why I never get to see any chemtrails or aliens or anything

and I do need glasses, pretty badly, so i didn't notice it right away

but glancing back under the awning where it was dark, then back up to the bright sky - I could clearly see what I can only describe as noise from a TV

it kinda looked like "floaters" because they were transparent, but it was definitely like some kind of noise overlay

When I commented on it at the time, they asked me how much I had to drink... (nothing!)
Then I forgot all about it till you posted this thread

Now that you reminded me, I think what we might be seeing is what "bad eyesight" looks like

Because I don't see it with my glasses on.

Maybe I'm way off though, let me re-read the OP ♥

-----------------
ok after rereading - are they shooting stars? I get shooting stars the day before a migraine - its actually typical - do you get migraines?
edit on 23-6-2011 by Forevever because: I responded too quickly

--------------
after rerereading - nope, I'm clueless
but maybe my suggestions can help someone else interested in sight issues

so I leave it
edit on 23-6-2011 by Forevever because: ♥

link   
reply to post by ChungTsuU

Actually, there are times that I do stare at the sun. I love to stare at it, as it makes me feel good, but the dark circle that takes over annoys me enough that i look away lol - Or I continue to stare and hope to see the corona of the sun, wouldn't that be something?

I did recently read something about humans once being able to see the Earth's Magnetic field, but i have no idea to test and see if maybe that is what it is?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sci-Fi_entist

I think I was a kid too when I could see the tunnel. I often stared until it appeared then looked at it to see if I Could figure out what it was - never could though. Strange stuff.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I do get headaches, but these are all the time. They do not intensify before a headache, or disappear while I have one or after, they're always there lol

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Pardon my edits

I was just so excited about remembering my own eye issues!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I remember watching a medical programme a few years back where a man could see ultraviolet light, due to a eye operation he had.

That me see if I can find it.

ALS

link   
Sounds like you just have light sensitivity, as have I and many others. When you get your glasses go for the transition type, they darken as soon as you go outside. The only other time I've noticed this is when I'm low on electrolytes, or dehydrated, load up on some gatorade. Don't put off getting your glasses as over time this light sensitivity can trigger migraines. Good luck,

STM

link   

People are going call BS on me, I do not care!

It is my gnosis, I can do this.

I can see in detail now what I think are the larger sun spots. I stumbled on it myself about a year ago, then just a few months ago I read about spiritual sun gazing. I try to do it for at least 5 minutes a day. Usually mid-day.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung
edit on 23-6-2011 by ChungTsuU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I believe I have something similar to these. I typically only notice these while driving without my sun-clips on.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I see the same things. I just chalked it up to entropic phenomena and visual snow. My hyochondria once made me think I was developing Multiple Sclerosis. Oh, to be 15! Never once had a problem with it, and apparently these are very common.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Forevever

I do get headaches, but these are all the time. They do not intensify before a headache, or disappear while I have one or after, they're always there lol

How bad are your headaches?

In 2005 I was diagnosed with a benign (thank God) brain tumor the size of a man's fist. It was removed that June. Now, I have a small pea-sized benign tumor in the same area (it's not dangerous at the moment and is being watched).

At times I think my "tunnel clouds" (as you described them - mine remind me of going warp speed in Star Wars) and odd floaters are due to that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join