It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did The First Lady Kill A Man While DUI?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I heard a rumor that she was driving DUI and accidently ran a stop sign and killed another driver in the next car. Has anybody heard of this before?
Apparently, if this is true, she obviously was never charged for it because we haven't heard of it before.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
She killed her boyfriend. Free Republic
The police report said she wasn't drinking and no charges were filed.

Let me go out on a limb and say if Hillary Clinton or Teresa Kerry did that, the neo-cons would never stop talking about it.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Uh, Crume? That link is giving me "No Such File." I just thought you should know.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
She killed her boyfriend. Free Republic

The link didnt work

I have never heard of this

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Here's a CBS new article about the accident:

Laura, they learned, had been speeding blithely out of town about 8 P.M., east on Farm Road 868, her high school friend Judy Dykes in the passenger seat. She never saw the stop sign. She never saw the other car. She plowed right through that stop sign and slammed hard into the 1962 Corvair coming south and with the right-of-way, on State Road 349, the La Mesa Highway. She was fine, really, the officer assured her parents, but bruised and banged up, and awfully upset. Judy was shaking but unharmed as well. But the boy in the other car, well, the force of the broadside impact was so severe that, well...He never had a chance. Michael Douglas, golden boy of Midland, high school track star, was dead on arrival at Midland Memorial Hospital. The two girls were taken there, too, in another ambulance. Mike Douglas's father had been driving another car behind his son. He saw the entire horrific scene, the explosive beginning of a nightmare that haunted him his whole life.

Link

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Laura Bush has openly discussed this herself in at least one major source. I cannot remember where I read it, but it was not some obscure publication.

It is no secret, it was a tragedy, she has lived with it all her life since and discussed it publicly.

No scandal, no cover up, end of story.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Never heard of this either. Though Laura's retreat into the wonderful world of denial by pill ala Betty Ford has been discussed. There's some mention though in the exhaustive list of "Anhauser Bush" criminal convictions here at Green Party Jokes.

Also Cheney, Neil, Jenna, Baby Babs...the usual suspects. I tend not to focus on this stuff though like the right does should Teddy ever slip on a bridge. Now I know why I haven't heard MURDERER in a while, since Laura is one too.

But I'm actually with Clinton on this one:

Though I do think the lil' gravity challenged pretzel huffer still drinks (though he lies about not doing so). 1992 video of a W wedding performance here.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I believe that alcohol had nothing to do with it. She was a typical kid inexperienced driver and made a really stupid mistake.

There but for the grace of God folks.

My own mom ran a stop sign once, damn near killed us both, she just never saw it. I bet there are a lot out there that have done the same thing but were lucky enough not to have another car in the way. As for me (with mom), the other vehicle was a county dump truck. We were the unlucky ones, but we got out with our lives. I can't imagine what she would have gone through, on top of what she did/does, for the rest of her life if she had lost me over that.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I read this story about Laura bush it the book by Laura Flanders, bushwomens and Laura bush it is a littler vague when asked about the incident.

Actually it is another controversial side to the accident story.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well, I guess I better try to remember where I read it/saw it. She discussed it pretty candidly.

There was no denial about what a horrible thing it was and I believe if my recollection serves me an admission/acknowledgement that if it had happened today the repercussions would have been much more serious (vehicular manslaughter). She didn't make any excuses for it.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Actually controversial or not this was when she was 17 and it is being a long time ago, if the family of the boy did not pursue the matter I guess they were happy with the police report of the incident even when the report keep the part of the accident blank.

This should be bury and left alone.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well this was this first I've heard of the story, so it was new news to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
LMAO would you be surprised if it was covered up? This is not the first time nor the last time the " Goverment " has been caught in a lie!!!!! Think of all the past " scandels" at the White House.. I thought one of the requirements to be a politician was to be a good liar! They would sell you the Washinton Bridge to get into office..so a covered up DUI is a walk in the park to them.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I agree that we see a double standard here. Had this been John Kerry's wife or Hillary Clinton, we would have seen this There seems to be an attitude that anything done by a Republican wife is excusable, while anything done by a liberal Democrat is inexcusable.

Think what they would have done if Kerry's military service record and Bush's military service record was swapped.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It is absolutely STOOPID, IMHO, to attach a government scandal to an event that happened 40+ YEARS before Ms. Shrub was ever the first lady...

This is a tragic teenager accident that literally is NOT a story at all. I am willing to bet there are things that Hillary and Heinz did in their youth that maybe didn't include someone dyeing in a car wreck, but would be embarassing that I would decry as B.S. too if someone attempted to connect them to her possibly being first lady.

What double standard?! There is none. The "Liberal" side of the media has been just vigilent, if not more so, than the "Conservative sode" and there simply is nothing to report here.

I really feel for everyone who buys off on these polarized, Liberal -V- Conservative, dogmatic wanderings... It simply distracts the intellect form the REAL issues of the day, IMHO... That's HOW they maintain control folks, again, IMHO...

sigh,,,

m...

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
First off she was a kid at the time, its not like it was 5 years ago when she was an adult. Its a tragedy but its over and done with it. Who really cares if Terri Heinz or Laura were getting wasted as teens? Nearly all of American youth back then was either getting high or drunk.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I have to agree I dont think this has anything to do with the election.

I dont like Bush any more than the rest of you but what does this have to do with anything?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Actually the subject was brough up for the first time when she and bush got married then again when bush ran for governor and one more time when he became presidential candidate and now is back again.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Ohhhh so this is why Chappaquiddick is no longer spoken about?

"It was an accident, she was only a kid, forget about it" they say.

"He's a murderer, a bastard and an evil evil man" they say.

Dooooooooouble standard alert.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

LMAO would you be surprised if it was covered up? This is not the first time nor the last time the " Goverment " has been caught in a lie!!!!! Think of all the past " scandels" at the White House.. I thought one of the requirements to be a politician was to be a good liar! They would sell you the Washinton Bridge to get into office..so a covered up DUI is a walk in the park to them.

O.K., so do they have a time machine? No one knew she would be the first lady back then. Why would the police cover up a DUI for just a 17 year old girl? It happened a long time ago. Wow, this is really dumb. I am not one who would normally come to the defense of any republican, but this is just plain stupid. Are you saying they got to the cops who were there, the insurance companies, and the family of the boy?

And what double standard? What do you expect them to say? "Yep, your right, someone must have covered up information. Even though there is no proof, the GOP is officially no more. You win liberals! Good luck with that whole running the free world thing. Call me, O.K.?"

Give me a break!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join