It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Fleeting around Town

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Dude, I've watched countless threads with GOOD UFO footage get lost in the crowd of dopey topics like "what would you say to aliens if they landed?" Really? That kind of thread stays active for years, but good footage gets debunked by a guess, theory, or possible explanation of that they could be, and then the lazy crowd chimes in with "good job, I knew it was fake!" and the threads just end there.

This video can't be 100% explained off by natural everyday sky phenomena, but someone will attempt it and not be wrong necessarily, but not necessarily be correct either. This has to end with a "???" unless more footage of the same event appears to help the evidence dissection process.
edit on 23-6-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

It's not our position to say 100% it's something natural or terrestrial, it's called plausibility and rationality.. it's a critical part of deduction and reasoning.. scientific principal .. It's never wise to assume the least likely thing is what you're seeing, especially when there are dozens of rational, more plausible possibilities.

Of course we could be wrong.. but these sorts of things REQUIRE good evidence or they are worthless overall.
edit on 23-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This video is best summed up by saying that it's most likely something plausible and mundane, it very well could be a lantern.. the footage is quite grainy and any subtle flickering wouldn't be noticed especially at the speed they are moving.. is it definitely? no of course not.. it could be a number of things, including little green men.. but since we can't possibly deduce much more from such crappy quality video we could either spend hours, months or years getting nowhere.. that's why determining the most likely answer is good.

Unless other sources can be brought in for this sighting.. I'm sticking with my thought that it's most likely something mundane.. there's nothing there to show me it's not, unidentified yes.. impressive no.. most likely terrestrial? I would say so.
edit on 23-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Not lanterns, imo. Moving much too quickly - I doubt there was 30+ mph winds - and I don't see how they could even stay lit in those conditions. Plus the illumination was too bright and steady.

I don't know about helicopters either - they are flying rather close at some points - something that at night, you would think would be ill-advised to do in a helicopter.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

You can't really tell how close they are to each other when you're seeing in two dimensions.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Seems to me likea joke/hoax/ too random and those at the video take it unseriously.. I dont trust such random YT videos.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yes, I realize that, but just by judging at the size of the lights — unless of course, they are sporting massive searchlights, and are flying further away than we realize.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I doubt this is a massive UFO fleet invading the town. Its more than likely Chinese lanterns due to the glowing affect you can clearly see in most of the objects. However, They seem to be moving at an incredible pace which would suggest two things; a) its extremely windy or; b) they are intelligently controlled aircraft be it alien or otherwise. One thing I always say on videos like this is, if this video was 'real' it would have been posted all over the internet, newspapers and in the media. That's generally a good sign of a genuine UFO video or image.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

One thing I always say on videos like this is, if this video was 'real' it would have been posted all over the internet, newspapers and in the media. That's generally a good sign of a genuine UFO video or image.

That's very untrue — it's rare for almost all ufo videos to appear on MSM - the appearance or lack thereof for ufo videos on the news, has nothing to do with how good a case or video is, for the most part.

And again, these are flying very fast and quite low for these to be lanterns imo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join