It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of UFO would this be if it were one?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I received an email from a relative of mine in NJ with a link to the story on the examiner...

Source

Then I went to MUFON's site to confirm, even though the images were linked directly. (for my own sanity check since anyone can link to anything and doesn't mean it's a working link)

I'm wondering if anyone can identify what these photographs are showing?

They look very much like a UFO, but it's hard to tell without much perspective or context to compare against.

This is what was in the report on MUFON:

6/17/11 - 1:31pm - I work in South Kearny, NJ and at about 1:30pm I went out on the porh at work to see the on coming Thunder Storm.. I was talking to a co-worker when big flash of lightening struck.. We were watching the sky for more lightening and seconds later, I said to my co-worker, "What's that"?? First he said it was a bird, then said it was a black plastic bag then said, "I don't know".. I told him to keep it in sight and I'll go get my camera.. I have a 10x zoom on my camera and managed to get 3 pictures as it traveled from South to North in a pretty direct path over my job in South Kearny, NJ before losing sight of it over our building at work... All I know is that it was Unidentified and it was flying...

You can find this by searching in New Jersey with a date of 6/17/2011. It will be on the first page of the results. I'd post a link but the search results don't work that way.

Here are the images:

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Interested in hearing what others think this may be...

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
In all seriousness, I would suspect bird poop on a window. The first image is the most telling
But thats just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Maybe the same as this?

MOD NOTE:
Please provide a source for photos and your thoughts on it. Not everyone knows where it came from or what it is

edit on June 23rd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What is this? Do you know?

As to what the OP's pics are, I have no idea. It's plausible that it's a fancy decorated balloon. I seriously doubt bird poo is symmetrical, and the statement from the witness does not mention any windows.

I'm stumped. Nothing to reference the objects size or distance from the camera.

It's Unidentified, it's flying, and it's an object. That's all I can say for sure.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
this ufo's type would probbably be the fake type because:
He took the photo from inside as we can see from the firs one there is a window.
the window is closed as we can see the shy is not focused but the ufo can be seen into the detail.
the 2nd and the third pictures:
ufo turned its direction
and the sky is not focused again but the ufo is.
he was only able to take 3 photos? the ufo went all the way from the first photo to the second photo and the camera was able to catch it with perfect focus... meaning that it was going slower than 800km/s.
you can easily take more than 3 well focused photos in that time
no photos of its front or rear from close range meaning that he either wasnt able to take the photo when the ufo changed direction or the ufo made a 360 degree spin... which is pointless.
The ufo is too close to the surface of the earth no point in going there.
the UFO seems to be under the rain cloud.
the topic tells us about a thunder
there is no rain the window is clean and if there wasn't a window in 2nd and 3rd where are the bubbles on the cameras lenses?
The cloud doesn't look like a rain cloud either.

so here is the proof that it is fake enjoy

edit: its not a bird poop if it was the windows corner would be at a better focus than the sky

edit on 23-6-2011 by markofdead because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2011 by markofdead because: just read the top comments

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by markofdead

The "window" could just be a door frame. The witness said they were taken from the back porch. Back porches usually don't have window. Some do, so it is possible. But if this object was directly on the window, then you would see the window in focus too.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
What is this? Do you know?

Yeah a Mylar balloon... which is likely what the OP picks are in this case
edit on 23-6-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Oh ok, I see now. It is a strange shaped balloon. I could see how the OP's pics could be a balloon. Just what kind of balloon would be the question.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

whatever it is it is not a ufo and the pictures do not fit the story

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yeah a Mylar balloon... which is likely what the OP picks are in this case

I think there are other threads on this set of three images

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
^There are indeed threads already. Not sure the title, but these were posted like 2 to 4 weeks ago if I recall correctly.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by markofdead

You sure about that?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I can almost see Circles around the objects where the pixels are actually lighter??? Maybe Photoshopped??? My friend said that he saw the circles to so I don't think that I am seeing things.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I have that before on TV. It looks a lot like a Air Force Recon Drone I seen on TV about a month ago. It was one of those TV shows that show all the new high tech toys. They showed it flying around building and such at a training site. While you were taking pictures of it, it was taking pictures of you.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
looks cool ..
but I am pretty sure that I can see a rope/ line in the second picture ..
a balloon

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I don't know what this is a picture of...but there looks like a mad little face right here:

A little screaming demon...

Or a screaming alien...who knows?

There is also some pretty visible writing on the bottom if you rotate the picture (or don't) it almost looks like graffiti or something...

edit on 23-6-2011 by jerryznv because: add pic...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Looks like there's just a hint of two props on it. So this UFO looks like an R/C toy to me. Foam aircraft easily come in all shapes and sizes. Not to mention that LiPo batteries and servo kits make it very easy for any hobbyist to make up their own. (This object has a lifting body shape, so the aerodynamics aren't that alien.) Once it gets far away enough, most digital cameras just wouldn't have enough resolution to make out the details and pixel noise doesn't help any either. Without much else in the picture at a comparable distance, it's also very hard to determine an actual size of the object.

Maybe some R/C hobbyist can identify an existing model or kit that would be the closest match?

top topics

join