It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrology

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thought I'd add this disclaimer, I am referring to Astrology Profiles (IE: your sign and your more complex variant) NOT HOROSCOPES, horoscopes are fooy, like lizard-man conspiracies compared to the JFK assassination.

Hey ATS!

On my constant journey to understand our world and my place in it, long ago I stumbled upon astrology. I have learned about my sign and the traits that correlate with it and found an eerie truth in what I read. I am cusp sign Scorpio and libra (born Oct 26). What is your sign and your thoughts on astrology? I would appreciate any new content I can read on this fascinating subject.
edit on 23-6-2011 by EmVeeFF because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
My thoughts on Astrology:

Complete nonsense with nothing scientific to back up any of the claims.

How exactly can a planet hundreds of millions of miles away influence someones life like astrology leads you to believe???

Theres plenty of evidence to show that its all lies

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
this may not have no scientific evidence but if any 1 has dought u really shud look for urself, i agree with the OP

im a libra and wen i read about my sign i was stunned how much truth was in it

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

I am a scorpio and my sign is very true.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Have you read the details of your unique sign? Obviously daily horoscopes are "nonsense" but atrological profiles have a tendency to be quite consistent.

For example, Bill Gates: Scorpio. If you know anything about the Scorpio profile, you'd understand this deceptive duche quite well.

BTW, I was also interested in any patterns in signs and the people that frequent ATS. Lurkers, please do not hesitate to post! I feel their might be a few specific signs that tend to be more interested in a place like this. for example, Scorpios tend to be aggressive truth seekers, so I'd guess there are a large amount of Scorpio frequenters here.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

OP i think this video regarding "Cold-reading" will assist you on your journey.

Perhaps a few concepts to be aware of.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gremlin2011

I could see things in your horoscopes that would mirror my life......and we could be completely different signs.

Its a load of nonsense....people make their horoscopes fit their life.

Prove to me how it works...scientifically
you would be the first person in history to do so :p

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
can someone do a prediction chart on:

Washington DC

Libya

London

Vatican

and how it relates to today's problems ?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
www.astrologer.com...

Another good source for the author of OP.

link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF
I have learned about my sign and the traits that correlate with it and found an eerie truth in what I read.

You can read the horoscope for any sign and there will be eerie truth to it. That's why people believe that it works. Don't buy into that nonsense.

link   
yet astrology is used by the world elite for financial control and creation of nations .

Don't believe me ,read Soviet dissident's Juri Lina book 'under the sign of the scorpion: the rise and fall of the soviet empire' ,it shows how astrology was involved in the creation of Soviet union ,the most powerful empire ever to exist.

both soviet and european union were created under the sign of scorpion .coincidence ,hardly .

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Thought I'd add this disclaimer, I am referring to Astrology Profiles (IE: your sign and your more complex variant) NOT HOROSCOPES, horoscopes are fooy, like lizard-man conspiracies compared to the JFK assassination.

What difference does it make? Both are based upon extreme generalizations that apply to everyone. If you already believe horoscopes to be "fooy", why give any credence to "astrology profiles"?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Yes, horoscopes are nonsense. I am talking about the Astrological signs and their complex profiles based on a large amount of ancient knowledge, not how my day is going to be according to some crack-pot.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Yes, horoscopes are nonsense. I am talking about the Astrological signs and their complex profiles based on a large amount of ancient knowledge, not how my day is going to be according to some crack-pot.

free horoscopes are always fooy . the best model for astrolgy is the heliocentric model or the chaldean model or the hybrid russian-serbian model.

P.s check magi society , George Soros uses heliocentric financial and mundane astrology via computers to get predictions on financial markets .

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I figured I'd see for myself how accurate these "astrology profiles" really were. So I went to "astrology.com" who offered one free of charge. Here's what I got:

Section 1: How You Approach Life and How You Appear To Others
You are very strong-willed and proud, but intensely private and not easy to know well. Behind your quiet exterior lies a great deal of emotional depth, sensitivity, complexity, and also fierce determination. When you want something you go after it rather quietly but insistently and wholeheartedly - and you usually get it. Find out more with your full-length reading...

Section 2: The Inner You: Your Real Motivation
Proud and intensely individual, you really want to stand out, to be the very best you can be, and to be recognized and appreciated for your unique contributions. Doing something well and being respected for it is extremely important to you, and you cannot tolerate being in the background, taking orders from others, or being "just one of the team". You must put your personal stamp on whatever you do, and direct your own course in life. You need to have a place where you can shine, express yourself creatively, and be the one in charge.

This is no different than a horoscope. They offer generalizations that apply to every human on earth.

I'm uncertain why you'd find something like this to be credible, yet find horoscopes incredible.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Astrology (and many other strange "occult" pattern systems) work as acausal relationships. Consider the holographic theory of reality, esoteric doctrine, Carl Jung, etc.

And the system does work eerily well in certain respects, although much of popular astrology gets extremely foolish (but still fun to play with!).

If there is any planetary influence in the sense of classical physics (energies "beamed" from the planets, etc.) it would surprise me. I believe its merits lie at a very deep metaphysical level.

The zodiac, by the way, was most likely created as a mnemonic device- to aid the ancients' memories of estoteric patterns, which were interconnected (acausally) in the sense of "as above, so below". Thus, the often-heard "debunking" argument about the arbitrary nature of the zodiac and the enormous distances between the individual stars in each constellation doesn't really refute the system at all. Thus, the sign Leo was not created by people saying "hey, that looks like a lion!" but by people who needed a memory aid in the sky to represent fixed fire.

By the way, Scorpio with Libra rising.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I decided to research, so I went on Astrology.com...

You seem intelligent, so find a reputable source. I'm not really interested in arguing whether astrology is legitimate. I have found enough information to believe astrology is one of many tools I can use to understand the nature of myself and the world around me. I made this post to discuss with the ATS members their experiences with the zodiac.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I decided to research, so I went on Astrology.com...

You seem intelligent, so find a reputable source. I'm not really interested in arguing whether astrology is legitimate. I have found enough information to believe astrology is one of many tools I can use to understand the nature of myself and the world around me. I made this post to discuss with the ATS members their experiences with the zodiac.

Could you point me towards what you would consider a reputable source?

I'm honestly trying to discover what it is you're seeing that you feel is compelling and accurate. You seem to recognize bunk when you see it (horoscopes), so I'd be genuinely interested to see those things which your skepticism isn't ruling out.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There are no reputable astrology sources....they are all based on nonsense/magic.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I agree, magic is a physical form conjuring (or trickery); whereas astrology, fortune telling, and speaking to the dead are forms of verbal conjuring.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 23-6-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join