It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Human beings are stupid and lazy."

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I dunno about lazy. Many are but then again many aren't. But stupid ... yep. The vast majority of us are.

I never was a fan of thinking that most humans are stupid, because they are not.
Actually the stupidest people I have ever met all taught everyone was stupid except them.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

Just one example, the TV remote control. A great advancement we could say, but it still comes from human laziness.

If you think about it, it was competitiveness and not laziness that spawned the TV remote. When Zenith, RCA, Motorola and Philco were competing for market share in the 1950's, each was trying to differentiate their essentially similar products. They competed in size, cabinet design and so forth, until Zenith hit upon the "Zenith Space Command," which it had earlier used for its radio units. The rest, as they say, is history.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Just one example, the TV remote control. A great advancement we could say, but it still comes from human laziness.

If you think about it, it was competitiveness and not laziness that spawned the TV remote. When Zenith, RCA, Motorola and Philco were competing for market share in the 1950's, each was trying to differentiate their essentially similar products. They competed in size, cabinet design and so forth, until Zenith hit upon the "Zenith Space Command," which it had earlier used for its radio units. The rest, as they say, is history.

I didn't know Zenith was there a long time ago, I always taught it was a low quality company that existed only in Canada...seriously, probably the worst quality I have ever seen.

Ok, so I didn't think long enough, but I'm sure we could find inventions that come from laziness...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Like this thesis?

The Basic Laws of Human Stupidity

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by fordrew

Really? With your thinking, it is stupid to use water as an energy source because it is still!! being used in rivers and dams. Oil as energy has only been around for about 100 or so years, so how are we lazy

Well first you are wrong, the Chinese were drilling oil hundreds of years ago. secondly, I think the poster was implying Humanities laziness to continue to rely on a dirty, polluting, limited, resource for fuel without actually putting REAL effort into finding clean energy

Obviously they were finding it way before anyone else. Read my post again. Oil ,AS AN ENERGY SOURCE, was not used until about 100 years ago. Unless they had cars or electricity ..

Naaa...
1000 BC was first time, Oil was used as Fuel.

Oil was used in architectural adhesives, ship caulks, medicines, and roads in Mesopotamia around 3000 BC. Two thousand years later, the Chinese refined crude oil for use in lamps and home heating.
The ancient Chinese also were pioneers in natural gas, using it to make salt from brine in gas-fired evaporators, boring shallow holes, and conveying the gas to evaporators via bamboo pipes. By the 19th century, natural gas was used extensively in Europe and the US as lighting fuel until it was displaced by Thomas Edison’s electric light bulb.

Source

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tomten

Ok, thanks creep with a cartoon avatar!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

"Our laziness is a catalyst for our intelligence."

I have heard that "Necessity is the Mother of Invention," but never that one. Could you explain, please?

I believe that what he/she was attempting to say is that our quest to make life easier for ourselves actually furthers a select few who strive to find new ways to appease the masses!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join