It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama releasing 30M barrels from US oil reserves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Thank you for your post. Yes, I saw this on the news yesterday and my first initial reaction was one of, "Yes!" "Finally!" But upon closer reflection I have to wonder what this move will mean to me and you and everyone else. Will it have some significant effect upon our gas prices? Summer is upon us and we Americans like to travel and take our summer vacations? Will I see a drop at the gas pump over the Fourth of July weekend? What's the motive? I don't really know so others' input will be nice to read here.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The last three President shave also released from the SPR, and the Reagan Administration also considered it to be a useful approach to oil issues. So why the hoopla when Obama does it?

"In testimony before the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources on Jan. 30, 1984, President Reagan's Secretary of Energy, Donald Hodel, stated that the administration's SPR policy in the event of an oil supply disruption was to 'go for an early and immediately drawdown,'" Bingaman said.

www.eenews.net...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Obama trying to get those poll numbers up

Yup he's making his move with this, with bringing home the troops bs, and with the gays. He's strategically trying to get reelcted or TPTB are trying to reelect him...

Totally! You see right through it! He's fullfilling campaign promises in a TRANSPARENT attempt at getting re-elected. What a politician.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join