It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antenna to replace batteries and provide unlimited free energy for electric cars!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ecued3720
This has been around for so long, it's been suppressed since its invention lol. After Nikola Tesla died, United States entered and took all his patents and other unsolved work into their own hands. Sucks we are suppose to be very very high tech at this point in time, but we ain't cuz of the big business tycoons

actualy, they took everything of his BEFORE his death,

Originally posted by Phage
Funny, the only reference to this seems to have suddenly appeared on the internet in the past month or so.
I can't find anything about it ever actually occurring.
edit on 6/23/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

wow phage, you would be so bold as to doubt this actually occurred? i was taught in elementary school about teslas car that he displayed and tested, im surprised you would go so far as to doubt this, wait actually im not surprised at all, your name is phage after all

www.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I think what people forget is that if one only looks at a common electrical/thunderstorm and the tremendous amount of electrical energy contained within which eventually manifests into Lightening.

This is in essence an electrical discharge or release mechanism for accumulated charge within the atmosphere.

Tesla envisioned using an antenna , very similar in concept to a lightning rod to capture this energy from the atmosphere but using his understanding of inductance he could actually store this energy in an electromagnetic circuit. Similar in concept to that of a transformer.

As we know, that when George Westinghouse realized that he couldn't place a meter on it in which to charge customers, he ostracized Tesla into oblivion.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
I had a diagram of how Tesla did this but it must be on another hard drive but in summary he used Tube Amplifiers in a Cascaded configuration.
What supplies the power to the tube amplifiers? And couldn't that be construed as the power source that's really charging the battery, so the energy to charge the battery isn't really coming from the atmosphere?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

It is called Resonant Circuits

Charge is the foundation of electrical energy and is what creates current.

The energy originates from the accumulation of charge in the atmosphere, The same charge that accumulates in which to create lightning.

We do know that Lightening exists right ?

Where do you think Lightning gets it's millions of volts from ? How exactly does this occur ?

It in essence is a huge capacitor and could potentially be harnessed via resonant circuits.

I think that Tesla understood a tad more about electronics and resonant circuits than most of us.

Resonance is the same principle that allows power to be transferred to a radio. Via what is called a tuner or tuning capacitor on the transmitter and another on the receiver.

Once the two circuits are "tuned" then it is as if an invisible wire exists between the two using the atmosphere as a conductor.

This is the basic premise of what Tesla was aspiring towards.

If he could tune into the frequency of the atmosphere, he could also capture the power from it as well.

And why if everyone had one of these devices on their roofs, it would eliminate the need for the power grid.

And why Tesla and his ideas were silenced.

And also why we pay more and more for electricity year after year.
edit on 23-6-2011 by nh_ee because: The Truth Shall Set You Free

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye

wow phage, you would be so bold as to doubt this actually occurred? i was taught in elementary school about teslas car that he displayed and tested,

The story is a hoax.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Good find! I hate to say it, but I think presscore.ca should probably be considered as an unreliable source now... They have two questionable stories going on their main page as of this morning!

Thx for checking into it!
edit on 6/23/2011 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Just a couple of holes to pick with what you have said. A resonant frequency is the natural frequency of what an object begins to resonate at, they think humans resonate somewhere below 7 hertz. A resonant circuit is a circuit designed to be particularly sensative to a specific frequency or in other words a tuned circuit. Thunder is electrostatic charge by particles in the atosphere rubbing together and causing friction, the same as rubbing a baloon on your head but on a grander scale. The points you raise I misunderstand how they are relevant so can you please clarify?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

My primary reason for not thinking Tesla was using his wireless power transmitter is the range which he was said to cover as he drove, along with no reports from others of odd electrical disturbances.

Some disturbance would almost certainly have occured.

By his own statements the car was powered by the energy from the aether. It could have been he was using some means of drawing power from the flow of current which I mentioned in my first post. Tesla was reported to have studied Faraday's original equations extensively.

Much of Faraday's work was not fully understood by many of his successors. I have read where some of his work has simply been ignored by those who do not understand or agree with them.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This is what enticed me to enter into the field of electronics was radios.

I built a crystal diode radio when I was 11 years old.

It uses no external power only that from the radio station itself.

But due to this it can only play through a small earphone but it proves the concept of resonant circuits.

And the ability to transmit power via radio frequencies using the atmosphere.

Plain and Simple.

Crystal Diode AM Radios do work and work to this very day on these same principles discovered by Tesla.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

While I could not find the video I remember an episode of Mythbusters that did the long wire experiment and did indeed measure voltage on the antenna I believe they powered a watch with it .

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by nh_ee

Just a couple of holes to pick with what you have said. A resonant frequency is the natural frequency of what an object begins to resonate at, they think humans resonate somewhere below 7 hertz. A resonant circuit is a circuit designed to be particularly sensative to a specific frequency or in other words a tuned circuit. Thunder is electrostatic charge by particles in the atosphere rubbing together and causing friction, the same as rubbing a baloon on your head but on a grander scale. The points you raise I misunderstand how they are relevant so can you please clarify?

I said Lightning and you are referring to Thunder ?

What ?

How does a capacitor function ?

What's the formula for a cap...a capacitor...? It's charge over time.

You have completely missed the point.

Go build a crystal diode radio. I am not here to argue the fundamentals of electronics.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

But that is just not the case, a radio transmitter converts power and modulation into an electromagnetic propogated wave. Your antenna then receives this and when the electric and magnetic feild of the transmitted wave cut through the antenna it excites the particles and creates a tiny voltage and current. However this is just from the original power amplify from the transmitter. There is no power the that has come from nothing and the current and voltage is tiny.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Lightning is a bi product of the electrostatic discharge from the current built up by the friction in the atmosphere. A capacitor has two or more plates and allows an electrostaic charge to build up inbetween and will discharge at a set rate. With all respect, you may have built a radio by reading articles or documents but you clearly do not understand how it operates at base level.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
Where do you think Lightening gets it's millions of volts from ? How exactly does this occur ?
I'm not denying that there might be some way to get power from lightning or the electrical potential that creates it, indeed that may be possible and obviously lightning contains a lot of energy. One thought that has occurred to me is that if the space elevator is ever built (and assuming the wire is made from nonconducting materials), we might actually have a practical means to harvest some energy from the 400,000 volt or so potential between the Earth's surface and the upper atmosphere. But I'm not sure we currently have the right materials or capability to make a space elevator, though as you suggest there may be other methods. I'm not sure what you're talking about resonating with though, isn't that 400,000 volt potential a more or less static electric field? I expect the potential varies somewhat with the cycle between day and night (as well as during a thunderstorm but that's somewhat erratic, frequency-wise), but 24 hours is a pretty low frequency to try to resonate with.

However, the fact there's an electric potential in Earth's atmosphere does nothing to dissuade me from looking at the power input to a bunch of vacuum tubes as a possible source of the power which is charging the battery in the setup you described.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
By his own statements the car was powered by the energy from the aether.
That would be interesting to read.

Can you quote those statements from a reliable source? And was he talking about a real car that he actually built, or just hypothetically?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye

wow phage, you would be so bold as to doubt this actually occurred? i was taught in elementary school about teslas car that he displayed and tested,

The story is a hoax.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

To just flippantly state this story is a hoax without any proof but that ATS link without further comment is what all spin doctors do.

To not realize the atmosphere is a huge dynamo and that we have merely not learned "or have learned and been prevented" from tapping into that power is just plain close minded short sightedness.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Did you see the link within the ATS post?
The only account of the car comes (supposedly) second hand from someone named Derek Ahlers who claims it was told to him by Tesla's nephew. There is no support for the claim or the story.

How about some evidence the story is true?

edit on 6/23/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Yeah, this technology is actually already in development at Idaho National Laboratory.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3b71cb33b28.jpg[/atsimg]
(NL researcher Steven Novack holds a plastic sheet of nanoantenna arrays)

Researchers at Idaho National Laboratory, along with partners at Microcontinuum Inc. (Cambridge, MA) and Patrick Pinhero of the University of Missouri, are developing a novel way to collect energy from the sun with a technology that could potentially cost pennies a yard, be imprinted on flexible materials and still draw energy after the sun has set.

The new approach, which garnered two 2007 Nano50 awards, uses a special manufacturing process to stamp tiny square spirals of conducting metal onto a sheet of plastic. Each interlocking spiral "nanoantenna" is as wide as 1/25 the diameter of a human hair.

Because of their size, the nanoantennas absorb energy in the infrared part of the spectrum, just outside the range of what is visible to the eye. The sun radiates a lot of infrared energy, some of which is soaked up by the earth and later released as radiation for hours after sunset. Nanoantennas can take in energy from both sunlight and the earth's heat, with higher efficiency than conventional solar cells.

www.nextenergynews.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2fef9cbecb78.jpg[/atsimg]
(Electron microscope view of an array of nanoantennas.)

A new approach to capturing solar energy has been developed by researchers at Idaho National Laboratory (INL), Microcontinuum Inc. and Patrick Pinhero of the University of Missouri. The concept is novel: stamp small conductive nanoantennas onto a thin, flexible sheet of plastic. Each nanoantenna is a small square spiral about 1/25 the diameter of a human hair.

solarpowerauthority.com...

And here is the link to the Idaho National Laboratory site: (about this topic)
inlportal.inl.gov...
edit on 23-6-2011 by ErtaiNaGia because: Add extra link

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Those are the first solar cells I've seen that can generate electricity after the sun goes down, which is pretty cool.

However I don't think that's what Tesla had in mind, as far as trying to relate it back to the OP.

There's a separate thread on those solar panels here:

80% Efficient Solar Panel?! Works at Night?!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Great idea for the free energy but it will not be allowed to take hold in our lifetime for the one fact that it's free. If someone can't market or patent it and make money off of it then it will never ever be allowed to be released to the general populace.

It is unfortunate.

What needs to happen is every suppressed tech needs to be leaked via the internet.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join