It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya campaign costing UK taxpayers £40m a month!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Source: www.independent.co.uk...

UK military operations in Libya are costing taxpayers more than £40 million a month, Defence Secretary Liam Fox said today.

In a written statement to MPs, Dr Fox said the projected cost of the six-month, Nato-led campaign was "in the region of £120 million".

Wow! Seems like a ton of money for a small humanitarian/kinetic military action!! This conflict has been going on for over 3 months now, with a possible invasion by US forces set for Sept/Oct www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyone from the UK care to comment? or anyone else for that matter?

edit on 6/23/2011 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
not from the UK btw, but this war went on without a plan how to win it so now i guess NATO is screwed

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
how it feel to get raped by your goverment over and over and over again over wars and oil!

edit on 23-6-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Now imagine how US tax payers paid in war since the 9/11 false flag
10 trillions to 50 trillions ?
to make stupid war in the ME
WMD are not the reason to continu those massacre
paid by the population

We do have blood on our hands indirectly

edit on 6/23/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Im from the UK.. more or a lurker than a poster so i just wanted to throw my views in here as requested.

I was in my friends car coming back from a fishing trip on Sunday (the 19th) when on the radio there was a news report. One was about the money being used in Libya, i remember hearing on guy on the news report saying that people are asking where all this money is coming from to which the response was the money for operations in Libya was coming out of reserves.
he
This P'ed me off big time. Here we are in the UK, increased fuel and food rates, people struggling to find jobs, people struggling to live a normal life and our countries money problems are all up the creek. So why the hell are we spending millions from this so called reserve fund when this money could be used to get the country back up and running. It F****** disgusting. And what has these strikes in Libya done ... absolute nothing.

Without dropping in on UFO subject, if/when disclosure happens im praying to the little green men to get me off this rock. Id rather be anal probed by an alien than my own sodding If you took the titles of Prime Minister and President away from our leaders then they would have normal names like me and you. Yet because they are well off and protected they dont realise how hard and stupid it is to live in the normal world. Ive become more and more angry with the world in the past few years...

new topics

top topics

join