It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Respect, Corruption, Law Enforcement and You

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Tell me I'm not the only one who has noticed this but back in the day when police were more respected, there were alot of cops wearing mustaches. (And they didn't have as many shaved heads amongst them either.)

I'm not saying correlation is causation or anything but the propensity for police brutality videos to include non-mustached officers is kind of becoming more obvious than ever.

Now why is that?

Is it because a man with a mustache subconsciously has less to prove?

Or maybe people are more inclined to respect an alpha male with a mustache than one without?

Just something I've noticed.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The law suits are put in place, so that corruption and excessive force by a police officer does not happen, and the corruption is rampant as they follow the criminal directions of the leaders, the real organized gangsters and bullies in the system, and who they truly serve, and is not the minority who are traumatized by this world. growing up in unequal circumstances, or recruited by the dark side groups, generational for some. My friend and I busted, the supposed, ex high military, mason, from a very well heeled family supposedly slumming on the black market street level, messing with her daughter who was lost and trying to recruit her grandson, who had already punched out a drug dealer over his mother, and is very psi, AB-, and I guess they want to recruit him and corrupt him. My friend and I know he is a black op type street corrupter, they're all over the place, corruption and the United Nations Gang, Cia stuff.

When we actually stood up to him he looked at both of us and his eyes changed, his jaw dropped. He knew, we knew, and that was it.

Tazing, harming human beings grannies, teens in wheelchairs, is 100% fascism and criminal.

Respect is earned, not given, and its given mostly to very peaceful people, like the favorite teacher you love.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenWeenie
I'm pretty new here, but I'm trying to figure out how this guy became a board moderator, let alone a LEO

A real sweatheart, ain't he?

The OP is of the opinion that HIS opinion is THE opinion, and if you don't believe that, just ask him. He just loves giving HIS opinion.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

I take offense to being called a civilian.

I am a citizen.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
This thread was created and has progressed exactly as I knew it would. The usual haters showed up and posted the same old hater comments.

Everyone needs an outlet, even haters, so I made this thread.

Well, if that's the case, I feel I must chime in on this topic. I was going to leave it alone.

First of all, let me explain my circumstance. I'm a 64 male, married with 2 sons and have 2 speeding tickets and a rolling stop on my file for a 'criminal record'. That's it.

Secondly, for the past 11 years, I've had a retired Ontario Provincial Police chief and a retired OPP officer as my next door neighours. Both are fine people I'm happy to BBQ/shoot the bull with.

Prior to that, my interaction with any kind of active LEO has been very spotty, mainly concerning traffic stops, etc. I try to keep my driving sensible and never drink before getting behind the wheel or jumping on my motorcycle. This has given me a lifetime of hassle-free interaction with police.

Then there's my 2 sons.

Over their time, the hassles have been constant. Both of them have had the questionable experience of being goaded into disrespectful attitudes, but I taught them well and neither one ever fell for this tactic. The local police even came to our house a few times to 'talk to the parents' about things as idiotic as playing on school propery in the evening. They were both sitting on swings when an officer decided this might be precipitous to vandalism. Both of them were enroled in that school which was a block from our home. My wife and I were shocked at the accusitory stance of this officer sitting at our kitchen table drinking a provided cup of coffee.

That was just one instance... there were many more and NOT ONCE did our sons EVER do anything to prompt this (yes, I'll say it) harrasment and provocation. Both are now in their late 30's and early 40's and, the upshot of this is that neither one of them has an iota of respect for police. This is bad news, isn't it?

Now, my wife as well, who is the epitome of a good, kind, gracious human being ALSO despises the police for the way they not only harrassed her sons but provoke young people all over the two small towns we've lived in most of our lives.

I ask you, Semp... are young people fairly dealt with or are they seen as just troublemakers? In my experience, it seems the latter.

In my life, I've noticed something important. When a person is treated as something, they will eventually become that something. It's inevitable. Treat all youth like young offenders and, even though they are completely innocent of bad behaviour, they get the attitude of; "Hey, if the cops think I'm such a badass, then I'm gonna BE a badass". It's a natural reflex. Every day I go by the local highschool and there's a cruiser sitting in the parking lot. Yes... they're in the classroom to 'educate' the kids. Yes, they're watching which kids have an attitude. Yes, that kid is then 'watched' outside of school.

Ramp it up, see what pops.

So... to wrap this up, our experience (my wife of 41 years and I) with police started out very positive indeed during our youth but was spoiled by their unfair and unwarranted treatment of our sons. In MY youth, police were someone you could talk to, in THEIR youth, police were someone to avoid however possible. That's telling.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I ask you, Semp... are young people fairly dealt with or are they seen as just troublemakers? In my experience, it seems the latter.

Again this seems to me to be the product of hiring young, inexperienced in life, officers. When I took the job, I had one child already and was familiar with kids. I think that a father addresses issues with children in a way totally different than someone that has not had that wonderful experience..

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

MOD NOTE: Please do not plagiarize here....
Posting Work Written by Others:
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.

edit on June 24th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

It's the truth.

Watch some old episodes of COPS from the 80's and you'll see every one of them has a mustache. Their conflicts were a lot less violent then too. And it seemed like almost everybody was let off with a warning whether it was speeding, a tail light, or even drug possession or assault.

Now it's shaved heads, black uniforms, everybody gets tackled to the ground and everybody gets hauled off to get processed regardless of the alleged offense.

They went from being neighborhood protectors genuinely looking out for everyone's best interests to being thugs and brutes breaking skulls because they can and mindlessly enforcing any and all "laws" they assume are on the books. Throw a stack of charges and let somebody else figure out if any stick while you sit in a cell for a day or two and your life crumbles around you as you lose your job, friends, family, car, whatever.

But hooray! Nothing stuck and you're free to go.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Again this seems to me to be the product of hiring young, inexperienced in life, officers. When I took the job, I had one child already and was familiar with kids. I think that a father addresses issues with children in a way totally different than someone that has not had that wonderful experience..

I would argue this is a matter of SOP rather than an matter of officer inexperience.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I have to agree with you Masqua. I lived in a small quiet town on Long island NY and as a youth was harassed by the police constantly for episodes like your children such as hanging out on school property and playing handball, etc.

These cops knew we weren't bad kids. They had the usual "talk to the parents" talk and my father himself was a cop. These cops knew me, my family and my background and still harassed me which only got worse. They literally used to give me the "I don't give a F**k if your mother's a cop" routine constantly.

Sad thing is I wanted to be a cop like my dad when I grew up and he talked me out of it because he told me what they were like from the other side. My father is a good man and I take his word especially after I've seen from firsthand experience.

I can honestly say they made their own beds and that's why decent human beings have actually (LEARNED) to have no respect for them through their own actions, yet somehow through their twisted sense of self righteous judgment, we're all perps of a lower life form and it's us who are wrong...Always.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I got this to say:
If you all can do a better job, then DO IT!
Become a LEO, get the training, hit the beat, and do what they do, and get rid of the corruption, bad cops etc.
Quit being armchair cops, get out there and START CHANGING THINGS!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
reply to post by masqua

...I can honestly say they made their own beds and that's why decent human beings have actually (LEARNED) to have no respect for them through their own actions, yet somehow through their twisted sense of self righteous judgment, we're all perps of a lower life form and it's us who are wrong...Always.

Boy, you got that right!

Police Departments are activly seeking new cops with IQ's BELOW 100. Why? Because they are more likely to assume the attitude TPTB want them to have and dummys are less likely to question illegal orders from above. All very good reasons to AVOID all contact with cops...they are not your friend!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Can you provide proof to such a claim?

Officers have to pass many tests (not only physical) and I am positive the below average IQ would not be able to pass...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

You are presenting another fallacy Homer. This isnt about US wanting to be Cops. This about Taxpayers unhappy with People who "chose" to be Cops, and work for us. Im sorry you just cant understand that.

If you owned a restaurant, and one of your employees was doing a TERRIBLE job, is the owner of the business acting like an arm chair waiter because he employee is doing a terrible job and you notice, and reprimand him on his performance?

Of course not. You as the owner want a 'professional' establishment that is not run into the ground by sloppy service and workers. A Country is no different, and that is one of the reasons why Americans dont desire to live in third World Countries. Because of their service. America is no different than these Countries now, and even Canada has told the US it will not extradite People to the US any longer because its a Police State.

I am not stating that Canada is a third World Country, but giving a comparison that even our friendly, quiet neighbor sees us for what we are.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Respect- I was polited and showed them respect , the answer was power -ego triping ,arogancy and brutality
Corruption - Oh they are corrupted (majority of them)
Law Enforcement- they dont know what is Law Enforcement
Me - I'm just a ordinary citizen who wants to live my way of life

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by HermitShip

I figured that to be the typical response "i wanna whine about something, but not do anything to fix it"
Anything else you might say has ZERO merit

ETA: If i was in a town with crappy restaurants, and had the means to do so, I'd open my own, and make BETTER service, instead of constantly complaining
If things bother you, you should try to fix them, not whine about it
edit on 6/24/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerTruths
reply to post by romanmel

Can you provide proof to such a claim?

Officers have to pass many tests (not only physical) and I am positive the below average IQ would not be able to pass...

Oh, how naive.

Judge rules police can ban high IQ scores

They excuse the act by stating a "smart" cops would get bored with the "mundane" work.

Jordan scored a 33 on the intelligence exam, described as a short-form IQ test that measures a person's ability to learn and solve problems. Following a policy in place for at least five years, New London police only interviewed candidates who scored from 20 to 27.

The average score nationally for police officers, as well as general office workers, bank tellers and salespeople, is 21 to 22.

Not only stupid but stupid by design.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

ETA: If i was in a town with crappy restaurants, and had the means to do so, I'd open my own, and make BETTER service, instead of constantly complaining
What do you suggest he do?

Go out and arrest some cops on his own?

If he joins the police force, he'll just be one of them.

edit on 24-6-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

First of all, if that is the answer you expected, then what does that say about your statements? You then only serve the purpose of bait. A troll.

Secondly, I am doing something about it by sharing my views to my Employee. Isnt that the first thing to do as a Business owner?

Thridly, stating our own Citizen Police agencies are not allowed though would be a good idea.

And fourthly, you presume that in the offline World I have not done anything about my grievences. I have. They have gone unheard, much like the Employee who has started this thread.

What do you do with an Employee that will not listen to you, or follow you orders? You fire them of course. However, in these cases, they wont leave.

Oh, and by the way, your statement is a Red Herring slash Straw Man. You know, speaking of statements that have no merit.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join