It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Respect, Corruption, Law Enforcement and You

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

Agreed wholeheartedly.

FWIW the term "law enforcement" needs to be stricken from the lexicon. I never "enforced" the law. I kept stupid people from doing damage to themselves or others and locked away those who would cause harm no matter what the situation.

The whole "war on drugs" thing aside- yes I did lock up dealers but not because of what they were selling. I could care less what someone wnats to shoot up, smoke, snort or ingest. I believe that addiction to known, harmful substances is natural selection at it finest (and I used to smoke- go figure
). The problem is the violence that is employed in the conducting of their business that justified taking action. Bullets have a tendency to go where they are pointed at- not necessarily at the desired target.
edit on 26-6-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

Man ..readed three posts of you and this is a cop should behave ..you are PERFECT COP and good man ...gl and take care

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
reply to post by NuroSlam

Agreed wholeheartedly.

FWIW the term "law enforcement" needs to be stricken from the lexicon. I never "enforced" the law. I kept stupid people from doing damage to themselves or others and locked away those who would cause harm no matter what the situation.

The whole "war on drugs" thing aside- yes I did lock up dealers but not because of what they were selling. I could care less what someone wnats to shoot up, smoke, snort or ingest. I believe that addiction to known, harmful substances is natural selection at it finest (and I used to smoke- go figure :lol
. The problem is the violence that is employed in the conducting of their business that justified taking action. Bullets have a tendency to go where they are pointed at- not necessarily at the desired target.

So would you agree that if the war on drugs came to an end, thus removing the black market aspect would perhaps put an end to most of the violent crimes commited today?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I find it interesting that most officers who do act as you do also have issues with the war on drugs. One thing I don't understand is why the 21st amendment can't be interpurited to include narcotics

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
sfa437 you actually sound like a decent police officer. WOW i knew you guys are out there somewhere.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

You are talking the the choir on this whole issue cept for the tax part, but none the less you do have my respect

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

Since you mentioned that there is no union were you worked, and that the officers have a different mind set regarding the community, do you think they more or less felt the same way?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

I would give this response 5 stars. If permitted. This is all people are looking for, discretion, honesty and respect.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The ATS Terms and Conditions of Use are very clear regarding the talk of illegal drugs:

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

If you post about it....it will be removed.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
REMINDER!!

The topic of this thread is Respect, Corruption, Law Enforcement and You. If you post about anything that has nothing to do with the topic, such as staff actions....it will be removed. This is not a new policy.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam
reply to post by SFA437

Since you mentioned that there is no union were you worked, and that the officers have a different mind set regarding the community, do you think they more or less felt the same way?

Well the community LOVED the way we approached police work. At least the normal citizens did who went to work, didn't break any serious laws and wanted a safe community to live in & raise their children.

As for the police force- I can only speak to that- it had good points and bad points. The good point is that it essentially forced officers away from the LEO mindset to peace officer. The bad of course is no job security whatsoever and sometimes legitimate arrests are passed up because of possible repercussions from civilian management (town and county officials).

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I believe that Moderator greeneyedleo was very clear. Stay on topic which is Respect, Corruption, Law Enforcement and You, anything else is indeed off-topic and will be subject to action up to and including post removal and post ban. Consider this the final warning.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Welp, when I start seeing some respect from LE I'll start showing some, its so obvious that the LE ON THIS Board would rather spit in my face then have a cup of coffee with, the way the peace office use to

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join