It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has O.J. Simpson confessed murder to Oprah?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
well if he did come clean wouldn't double jeopardy keep him feom being rearrested for it,

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If it's true, he could confess, and not be punished because of the "double jeopardy" rule. So who knows, maybe he will. I guess he's feeling lonely in prison and is trying to put himself back in the spotlight....after all, he is one hell of a narcissist.
edit on 6/23/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

double post

edit on 6/23/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by polit
Double jeapordy does not come into account if you confess to a crime you were previously acquitted of. If you confess, then that is new evidence that was not brought up previously in court and the ruling can be appealed.

He was found not guilty (as opposed to being acquitted) of the murders of Nicole and the guy. He can scream at the top of his lungs that he killed both, and he cannot be tried for it since he was tried prior and found not guilty.

Its not new evidence, nor can it be used to retry him.

If true, he got away with murder.

A not guilty verdict prevents jeopardy (trying him again). An acquittal allows the FEderal Government to step in and charge a person who was acquitted on charges at the state level.

If OJ was acquitted of murder, the FEds could charge him with the same crime under civil right statutes.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Since he was acquitted, he can not be tried again for either murder. However, being that he would have lied under oath to procure the acquittal, he can be charged with perjury, possibly obstruction of justice.

On another note, he was already brought up in a civil suit, which charged him with wrongful death, and left him financially liable for the crime.

Effectively, the worst that could happen from this alleged confession, is that he gets a few more years tacked on to his 33 year robbery sentence, due to the perjury charge, as Double Jeopardy protects him from facing a new trial on murder charges, regardless of the new evidence.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildoracle13
. He's the only celebrity (if you wanna call him that) I've seen in person.

Off topic ... but what the heck ... I met Wayne Rogers (of MASH) on a sidewalk cafe in Tokyo. That was in the early 1980's. I also met Mother Teresa of Calcutta. She was giving a speech at Camp Zama, Japan when I was stationed there. She gave the speech .. but her voice was sooooooooo quiet and she was sooooo tiny. Since I was 'working' the speech I got to be with her for a bit .. stood about 5 feet from her. Didn't talk with her because there were tons of people who wanted to meet her. She was a tiny tiny little thing .. very quiet.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I was watching the OJ simpson trial live on news channels, 1995. I even remember watching LIVE on news, when he was fleeing in his bronco on the highway..LIVE. i was 19-20 at the time. Watching most of the trial, it was obvious, simpson was the only one that could be held accountable. remember the gardener..i forget his name.. kato or something like that...look at him. h thiers no way he was able to commit murder, let alone fight his way out of a paper bag.
HEres something intresting..i found a webiste a year or 2 ago, that actually displayed the crime scene photos. it was a dman shame, how nicole simpsons body looked, blungered beaten, soaked in blood. and all the blood thier geesh! im gunna look for the website n post it here. it tells some storys in my opinion. OJ was the only one who could have been thier. thier was no reason method or purpose for some stranger to simply break in and do so much carnage murder.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
www.bobaugust.com...
Thiers one webiste...terrible and a shame what happened thier. its almost as remeniscent, of Wanderland in the early 80's.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
and here is another..yuor gunna have to scroll down mid page to find the OJ simpson crime scene photos..its a cool website with other infamous murders on crime scene sight.
vanessawest.tripod.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Oprah should regret endorsing Obama more than not interviewing OJ. She should put Obama on the hot seat and ask him, "Brotha, what's with all the lies?"

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Those who only follow the news or TV should not judge OJ by how the media has portrayed him in this historical murder.

I contend that if OJ were to confess on national TV or to Oprah that he was in fact the killer, it says to me that he is doing so to continue to protect the real killer, Jason Simpson.

This theory grew from day one of the murders and it was a private investigator, William Dear who investigated for over 6 years and eventually published a book titled, "OJ is guilty, but not of Murder". I read that book and have to agree that his investigation reveals that the true killer was Jason Simpson.

I also contend that should OJ ever state that he is the killer, bear in mind because he was acquitted, he cannot be charged for what he says. This is why in my mind, if he confesses to the crime of murder, it will once again be to continue to muddy the waters surrounding his son Jason Simpson. Since the world already hates OJ, he will bear the guilt of his son's sin as long as he can.

What sold me on this theory was the fact that OJ hired a well know attorney the day after the murders to represent Jason Simpson and this legal coordinated action was before OJ was ever charged with murder. Now think about that and if you hide your eyes to the probable truth, then I am sad to say, there is nothing anyone who thinks that OJ did it can say or do that will alter the facts of real evidence.

Protecting his son Jason Simpson is something OJ showed he was willing to do the day of the murders, so as a father protecting his son, it stands to reason that OJ will once again draw attention to himself so as to keep Jason Simpson from being the focus of any negative media attacks.

Here is a link that summarizes the theory and what the book is about as written by William Dear, Private Investigator. Take a look and consider the facts that this investigator discovered. It might just broaden your insight into a matter that few discuss. factually and without all the racial bigotry that the trial generated because it was a very rich and famous black man killing a white woman and white man. Take a look at the link, there is even a video that helps with the theory presentation.

brproductions.net...

Learning the truth can be enlightening if one allows themselves to consider other viable theories. Let's hope that OJ and Oprah aren't just in it for the ratings and the money that such a false confession would generate.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
According to this, the rumors are a hoax.

Rumors are swirling this morning that O.J. Simpson may have confessed to murdering Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman in 1994.

Yes, says New England Sports Network:

“O.J. Simpson has reportedly admitted to the murder of Nicole Brown Simpson in 1994.

“Simpson confessed to a producer for Oprah Winfrey, and he will reportedly repeat the confession to Winfrey during a televised interview. Several news outlets are citing the National Enquirer with breaking the news.”

Not yet, says the Hollywood Reporter:

“Oprah Winfrey hasn’t landed that confession from O.J. Simpson — yet.

“Despite a National Enquirer report that Simpson confessed from prison to murdering ex wife Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman, a rep for Harpo tells The Hollywood Reporter, ‘That’s not true.’ ”

(10:07 a.m. update) – Oprah Winfrey’s representatives have denied the report, The Huffington Post is reporting:

“Oprah’s representatives moved quickly to quash rumors that the talk show queen is conducting an interview with O.J. Simpson in which he confesses to murder.”

Stay tuned …

usc.ocregister.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

You mean that OJ did it?!?! What a surprise.... Thanks for the Earth shattering revelation.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

There's really no need to be rude or sarcastic, he was found not guilty because of some minor over sights in the case and the political circus that surrounded the whole affair, even though the evidence was actually rather overwhelming. Many people still believe he's innocent, so an OJ confession may actually be a revelation to a lot of people.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I always doubted OJ committed the murders. The theory was he went home, washed up, then caught a plane. First, police dis-assembled all the plumbing in his house, but could find no trace of blood, not even one drop. Secondly, his defense attorney, F Lee Bailey, says he has a dog walker eye witness who, just before the murder, saw Nicole arguing with a male (not OJ), with a second man lurking nearby (not OJ). OJ may or may not have known who the killer was, but it sounds like her drug dealer could have been a possibility. Third, the glove did not fit.
I think if Jason had been the murderer, the police would have solved the case fairly easily. There would have been blood everywhere, the murderer would have been covered in blood, and would have found someplace to washup and dispose of his knife and clothing. A skillful murderer who planned everything in advance might get away with it, but not an amateur killing in rage.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

They already got him in a civil lawsuit. Found him responcible for Ronny and Nicholes deaths.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matt1951
Third, the glove did not fit.

Of course they didnt fit. He had a pair of rubber latex gloves on underneath and the glove was crusty shrunken and dry. The glove could not stretch to fit for that reason. Now go home and put a pair of rubber gloves on and then try and put your regular gloves on. You cant do it. The rubber causes friction and they are tough to put on.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I think I'm the only person in the world who was ignoring MSM at the time of the OJ trial

I didn't see any of it except in parodies later.

On a side note - I have never in my life met anyone famous - but I live right near the jackass dude that got killed - and I'm familiar with the neighborhood where Will Smith grew up - oh and I got an autograph from that achy breaky heart guy back in the day, but it was through my boyfriends dad (he worked at the airport in where the private planes land) and he also brought us a tray of buffalo wings out of Jim Carrey's plane

now who can say they ate Jim Carrey's wings
that kinda rocks

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Nice point, I always thought that was a silly thing to be bought up again and again, of course it didn't fit.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matt1951
I always doubted OJ committed the murders. The theory was he went home, washed up, then caught a plane. First, police dis-assembled all the plumbing in his house, but could find no trace of blood, not even one drop. Secondly, his defense attorney, F Lee Bailey, says he has a dog walker eye witness who, just before the murder, saw Nicole arguing with a male (not OJ), with a second man lurking nearby (not OJ). OJ may or may not have known who the killer was, but it sounds like her drug dealer could have been a possibility. Third, the glove did not fit.
I think if Jason had been the murderer, the police would have solved the case fairly easily. There would have been blood everywhere, the murderer would have been covered in blood, and would have found someplace to washup and dispose of his knife and clothing. A skillful murderer who planned everything in advance might get away with it, but not an amateur killing in rage.

You don't know what you are talking about. The blood of Simpson, Brown and Goldman were found all over the place including on OJ's socks in his house and in his Bronco.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join