It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has O.J. Simpson confessed murder to Oprah?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Has O.J. Simpson confessed murder to Oprah?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

O.J Simpson has confessed to Oprah Winfrey that he murdered his former wife, it has been reported.

The talk show host made headlines recently saying that one of her regrets was never having got the shamed former sportsman to confess to the killing.

And it appears her wish may well have come true with reports Simpson has already told one of her producers in an interview from jail that he knifed ex-wife Nicole in self-defence - a confession he will now repeat to the talk show queen during a spectacular televised sit down interview.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23-6-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Look I always thought he was guilty, the case was ridiculous. I understand there were elements of corruption within the investigation, but based on the actual evidence presented there should be no doubt that this man murdered his wife and lover.

While this is a very controversial case, after the amount of evidence that has popped up in interviews, hypothetical murder scenarios published in books by OJ himself or just nagging evidence from the initial case, this man is guilty. It's amazing that nothing more has come of the evidence against him, this should be a pretty cloud of smoke coming from a really big gun..seriously.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It is funny back in the old days I said he was innocent, when I got wiser i knew he was guilty. God will get him, our system of "justice" is not perfect.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I thought Oprah was no longer on the air? Didn't she just have a farewell show recently?

And, if this story is true, it's about time O.J. comes clean. He could get a nice chunk of money waiting for him when he gets out of prison.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Same here, all i really needed to do was read the case file, I could go into details if needed but man it's obvious. The main point minus the blood samples would be the force needed to make the lacerations in the throats of the victim, as is quoted the culprit must 'should have been the size of a football player'....

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

So far there are only two sources reporting this, and both of them are tabloid sources. I don't think he is that stupid, but who knows. All of the mainstream sources are still reporting that it is Oprah's dream interview to get OJ to confess, and I'm sure her producers are working behind the scenes to make it happen, but as far as I can tell, it has not happened yet.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

So far there are only two sources reporting this, and both of them are tabloid sources. I don't think he is that stupid, but who knows. All of the mainstream sources are still reporting that it is Oprah's dream interview to get OJ to confess, and I'm sure her producers are working behind the scenes to make it happen, but as far as I can tell, it has not happened yet.

couldn't he have confessed immediately after the trial on the court steps?
double jeopardy?

shouldn't matter what he says now - can't be retried for it

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I haven't seen the interview so I can't say. I found it very interesting that OJ published a book based on how he would have hypothetically gotten away with it had he had done it though.

PS. Hollywood producers may be powerful, but not THAT powerful...???? I may be wrong though, Ari Gold wields some might.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

That double jeopardy thing is tricky. Some say he couldn't be retried for it, but I'm not so sure. Maybe they could find a loophole to a different related crime? It would be a gigantic risk to take, and I don't think he is that stupid.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
laws get changed all the time and an admission of murder from OJ would surely get the press on the cases of the tptb to change the rules.

The self defence bit made me chuckle as didnt she get stabbed something like 27 times(not sure of the exact number but i am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong).

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure nothing would happen to him (in the legal sense) if he did confess. Since he was already tried and found not guilty, he can not be charged with the same crime again (Double Jeopardy law).
And I think he was found guilty in civil court, so no change there either.

Edit: The previous Double Jeopardy comments weren't up when I post. Perhaps they could get him with perjury. I don't remember if he took the stand and if he said "I didn't do it". He may not have been called to the stand though.
edit on 23-6-2011 by canselmi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
He supposedly confessed that he 'knifed her in self defense" ....

That's bull on his part.

The massive number of wounds on her body ... the fact that some of them were self defense wounds on her part ... the fact that her head was nearly cut off ... those are NOT the kind of wounds he would have inflicted upon her if he was "knifing her in self defense."

And what about Ron Goldman. 'suppose that was in 'sefl defense too'?? :shk:

He basically already confessed .. remember his book ... 'If I did it".
No innocent person would have written such a thing.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

All the more reason I think this tabloid report is false.

Obviously, if he did do it, it wasn't self-defense. One of them was killed while trying to escape, so self-defense is out the window!

I haven't read the book, what was the justification in the book? It wasn't self-defense was it?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Who knows, but since jeopardy is attached, and since the civil suit is done, he has nothing left to lose.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I'm of the understanding that there was no motive stated in the book, only a step by step account of how he may have hypothetically committed the murders, if he had in fact done so, hypothetically.....

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He supposedly confessed that he 'knifed her in self defense" ....

That's bull on his part.

The massive number of wounds on her body ... the fact that some of them were self defense wounds on her part ... the fact that her head was nearly cut off ... those are NOT the kind of wounds he would have inflicted upon her if he was "knifing her in self defense."

And what about Ron Goldman. 'suppose that was in 'sefl defense too'?? :shk:

He basically already confessed .. remember his book ... 'If I did it".
No innocent person would have written such a thing.

See that's the part that I find so ridiculous, I mean if he was on the property at all during the time of the murders he would immediately be guilty, if proven to be, but admitting to stabbing his wife in 'self defense' in this case is just the end of it all, if this has some substance then I'm personally stoked !!!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I haven't read the book, what was the justification in the book? It wasn't self-defense was it?

I only read the summations and not the book itself. I didn't want to contribute any money to him through the purchase of a book. From my understanding, he takes a hands off approach to the telling in the book .. not admitting it but instead excusing the murderer (himself obviously) from any wrong doing. He makes excuses. The murder 'just going through the motions'. At least, that's what I read the summations to be.

I'm not buying a tabloid 'self defense' confession ... until I see it elsewhere.

(Although the National Enquirer broke the John Edwards story and hung on to it like a pit bull ... they did a good job with it ... so you never know)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I don't think he is that stupid,

I do.

I really do think that he is that stupid.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Double jeapordy does not come into account if you confess to a crime you were previously acquitted of. If you confess, then that is new evidence that was not brought up previously in court and the ruling can be appealed.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone cares but I met OJ. I was on a vacay with my hubby in Florida around 2004 I think and we were at the same restaurant as he. I barely remember the trial cause I was pretty little and didn't know much about the details of the murder so I wasn't shy asking him to sign my cloth napkin. He shook my hand (limply) and acted very shy. We were the only ones in the restaurant and he was relaxed and everything. Strange man. I just acted like I was a football fan. hehe. He's the only celebrity (if you wanna call him that) I've seen in person.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join