It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough Bitching About the Mods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The moderators are here to make sure this website maintains some class and integrity. They are here to help weed out the needless responses and personal jabs.

Do you honestly think that continuing to bitch about it and create threads complaining about it is going to make the moderators want to do anything different? It's not. They're here for a reason.

If you don't like something, use the "Complaint" feature that is built into this site.

Seriously...stop cluttering up the new topics page with useless posts, placing them in the wrong forums and bitching about things that help make ATS great.

If you don't like it, simply go visit another forum, you flipping whiners!
edit on 6/23/2011 by freakjive because: spelling

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
do you honestly think anyone is gonna care about this post ? Who are you the police state usher?

the mods rather put up cute cartoon pictures up instead of posting the actual reason the thread was removed . To you know inform people ? who may be new or have not read the T & C?

Maybe not all threads but some threads are justified for a b i t chen

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Do you honestly think that continuing to bitch about it and create threads complaining about it....

Seriously...stop cluttering up the new topics page with useless posts.

i think they should all stop... people moaning about the mods... and also people moaning about people moaning about the mods..

it just clutters up the new topics page with useless posts..

no offence op, ive seen you around and you come across quite sensible... just my thoughts on this subject..

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

i think they should all stop... people moaning about the mods... and also people moaning about people moaning about the mods..

I agree and you make a great point. I considered this when posting my rant. I don't know why I couldn't let it go.

So, please let me apologize for being a hypocrite in this instance.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
people don't need to stop complaining about the mods per say, (freedom of speech, etc. etc. yada yada yada!!!) they just need to do it smarter. There is a place to complain to on here and they should be using it. I do agree about making silly threads to complain about mods is childish, and really does need to stop. I thought our motto was to deny ignorance not to swing it freely like some big bastard sword at peoples heads.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Well we might as well close the rant section completely. I agree, the mods for the most part do a great job and useless whining isn't going to change anything if you can't follow the rules.

BUT....

We have a rant section for people to vent. Granted, no personal attacks or rants directed at specific users or admin staff is allowed, general complaining is.

Just saying.

In fact, we've got a rant thread, right now, posted by the site owner, complaining about a group of users here.
edit on 23-6-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
We have a rant section for people to vent.

I agree. I was more addressing the ones that end up in General Conspiracies, etc.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
The moderators are here to make sure this website maintains some class and integrity. They are here to help weed out the needless responses and personal jabs.

Do you honestly think that continuing to bitch about it and create threads complaining about it is going to make the moderators want to do anything different? It's not. They're here for a reason.

If you don't like something, use the "Complaint" feature that is built into this site.

Seriously...stop cluttering up the new topics page with useless posts, placing them in the wrong forums and bitching about things that help make ATS great.

If you don't like it, simply go visit another forum, you flipping whiners!
edit on 6/23/2011 by freakjive because: spelling

Ya go ahead and complain to them and see how they ignore your complaint. If you get to close to the truth here they will remove your thread and find any ridiculous excuse to do so all the while they leave the most ridiculous know HOAXERS to have free reign.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
do you honestly think anyone is gonna care about this post ? Who are you the police state usher?

the mods rather put up cute cartoon pictures up instead of posting the actual reason the thread was removed . To you know inform people ? who may be new or have not read the T & C?

Maybe not all threads but some threads are justified for a b i t chen

Man you keep pushing huh..

Someone must have really got under your skin.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think the whole internet should be terminated. The closer we get communication wise.. The crazier we all are. Its nonesense.. So.. Stay far away from each other

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I agree. I was more addressing the ones that end up in General Conspiracies, etc.

Yes but those idiots get dealt with accordingly as offtopic posts are against the rules. I agree with you 100% and even in the rants it's becoming old, people seem so darn sensitive here, and others with some esoteric sense of "freedom of speech" HAH, you have no expectation of freedom or privacy when using someones forums.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

Originally posted by Misterlondon

I agree and you make a great point. I considered this when posting my rant. I don't know why I couldn't let it go.

So, please let me apologize for being a hypocrite in this instance.

This is the RANT forum, you ranted.

No need to apologize.

Or I'll make a rant thread about people complaining about people complaining about people complaining about the mods who have deleted a thread due to someone complaining about the mods deleting their threads.

And you made a good post imo.

Ugh, what a week huh... lol

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The main points we need to remember are:

All of the moderators are also members. Usually long time members. They've seen and heard it all from both sides of the fence.

All of the moderators are real people, with views and opinions just like anyone else. But when they act as a moderator, they set those opinions aside, and go by the T&C. There's a lot going on behind the scenes we aren't privy to for a reason. We don't need to be in most cases.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
There's a lot going on behind the scenes we aren't privy to for a reason. We don't need to be in most cases.

I can think of one interesting thing that was trashed recently (Ask badw0lf) but other than that it's really unappetizing back-alley stuff. There are no secret mysteries, cover-ups, dark magic secrets, or predictions from the future being suppressed. It's all boring, repetitive spam, insults galore, and other worthless junk (eg. "Kill all the old people").

There are a few interesting gems in the RATS forum though.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Yeah, I should have stated that differently. I made a mystery where there isn't one. It wasn't meant to come off that way. Thanks for clarifying it.

And I really need to remember to check the threads in RATS more often. There are indeed gems in there at times.

edit on 6/23/2011 by Klassified because: correction

top topics

join