It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divination discussion- share your tips and stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I wanted to start a thread where we could share our ideas, and stories about divination.

1. Which form of divination do you use?
(Tarot cards, runes, pendulum, tea leaves, crystal mirrors, I Ching, etc.)
2. Why?
3. Do you have a story to tell of an extraordinary experience you once had whilst performing divination?

I will go first.
Besides being clairaudient, and clairvoyant, I have found that Tarot cards and/or a pendulum (mine has an amethyst crystal) help me a lot when trying to find answers for someone. I don’t necessarily ‘need’ them but they do help me a lot, and I have grown very accustomed to using them the last 16 years.

About 16 years ago, I walked into an esoteric shop to buy my first deck of Tarot cards. (I had been practicing using my grandmother’s in the past, but she urged me to get my own, because they would work better for me.) I told the clerk which type of Tarot I was looking for (Rider Waite) and she started looking for it on the shelf behind her, when a package of a deck of cards fell onto the floor.
She picked it up, and it was a deck of Rider Waite Tarot cards. She said the packaging was kind of dusty, so she would get me a newer looking one, but I told her that this was the deck I wanted. I wanted it, because I knew it had chosen me, it basically threw itself nearly at me.

My late grandmother always told me to look for the signs and I was absolutely sure this was one. I have been using this deck of cards ever since, and it has never failed me.

When I'm not using the Rider Waite, I use the Gilded Tarot cards or a pendulum, when I just need a quick 'yes/no' answer.

I use the Rider Waite Tarot cards about 70% of the time, not because I think they are better or anything like that, but because it was my first choice of Tarot card deck, and I feel a connection to it. Also the illustrations on them are very clear, and easy to interpret, and I advise this type of Tarot card deck to people who are more old fashioned, or people who are just starting to use this type of divination.

edit on 23-6-2011 by Rainbowresidue because: grammar

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

When I'm not using the Rider Waite, I'll use the Gilded Tarot. Mostly because I really like the illustrations.

When I just need a quick 'yes/no' answer to a question I'll just use my pendulum. (Mine has an amethyst.)

Now it's your turn.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

I use this

www.amazon.com...

and you can now get the high tech version as a iphone app.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The Celtic Tree Oracle is my preference or the Viking Runes - For a quick answer a three card spread is good - check out this electronic version here:

www.pixelations.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I had no idea you can get an app for it , that's good to know. Thanks.
I've seen Tarot card 'games' online, but those seem to be pre programed to me.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by druid1

The website looks good, and it's easy to navigate. The answers had a sort of 'back to mother nature' feel to it, I felt like I should be sitting near a campfire in the woods while listening to the past, present, future answers.

Thanks for sharing, I bookmarked the webpage.

edit on 24-6-2011 by Rainbowresidue because: always spelling

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rainbowresidue
I wanted to start a thread where we could share our ideas, and stories about divination.

1. Which form of divination do you use?
(Tarot cards, runes, pendulum, tea leaves, crystal mirrors, I Ching, etc.)
2. Why?
3. Do you have a story to tell of an extraordinary experience you once had whilst performing divination?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/457332800cf8.png[/atsimg]

1. I used to use Futhark Runestones back when I did readings for people.

2. I was partial to things that I could really man handle without damaging them, take on extended camping trips without getting ruined, and that could store more energy than a mere card or image.

3. I stopped because of the behaviour I saw in people after I would read for them. They guys would wind up in arguments with their dads, and the gals would become bored of their boyfriends.

David Grouchy

edit on 24-6-2011 by davidgrouchy because: format

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Hi David Grouchy,

I seem to experience the opposite effect. It has become somewhat of a tradition that when us girls get together once a month, for a girls night 'in', I bring my tarot cards with me (I keep them in a little blue velvet sachet). They actually look forward to it.
Though after about 2 hours I always have to stop, because I would get a really bad headache.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I use both Tarot reading and, occasionally, scrying. My primary Tarot deck is the Robin Wood, although I also love the Pagan Tarot as well, and collect others. For scrying, I prefer to use a black scrying glass, but I have grood luck with fire and still water as well. I'm so-so at reading for others, especially with the Tarot, but frighteningly accurate when reading for myself - as a result, I don't do it anymore.

I think the Tarot is an amazing tool - it helps us to tap into our subconscious and notice patterns and images that we might not otherwise see. I've noticed that every deck has its own very distinctive "personality". Some are fairly bland, others are real smart-alecks!

new topics

top topics

join