It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James 'Whitey' Bulger, infamous Boston mobster on the lam for 16 years, busted outside Los Angeles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

James 'Whitey' Bulger, infamous Boston mobster on the lam for 16 years, busted outside Los Angeles

www.nydailynews.com

Notorious Boston Mob kingpin James "Whitey" Bulger has finally been busted near Los Angeles, ending a 16-year manhunt that had proved a major embarrassment for the FBI.

The Feds finally caught up with the 81-year-old fugitive Wednesday at a Santa Monica home where he was living with his long-time gal-pal Catherine Greig.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
16 years of running is finally over for Whitey Bulger. The FBI might finally be able to save some face after protecting this guy for years while he was a major mob boss in Boston. He was supposed to be the informant, but he turned his FBI handlers into HIS informants, using the intelligence passed on to him from the FBI to eliminate rivals and to consolidate his power.

It will be interesting to watch the developments as this case moves forward. Who else in the FBI might be implicated once Whitey starts talking?

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Most likely he will die of some ailment before he can embarrass the FBI too much.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BomSquad

I listened to an interview about him this morning on the radio. He sounded like a real charmer; after torturing people - in various distgusting ways - he would take himself to his bed for a little lay down. Serious psycho/sociopath.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
it is people like this that makes me wonder why people hold the Mob in such high esteem. Probably because it is not their family members getting killed off or they are not being threatened. People in the mob are vicious. Not all of them, but members like these are not part of an organization that should be held in esteem in any way. People have hero worship and glorify them in the Sopranos and the Godfather. But these are not really representative of how the mob works. As one assassin confessed, they watch those movies for entertainment like very other American.
Then you can't be an Italian American without people automatically wondering if you have mob connections. There are millions of Italian Americans, and only a few thousand members of the mob.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
He probably posted his picture on facebook and it ran its 95% accurate facial recognition software and alerted authorities. You know how it happens. Big italian family dinner, "daniealla dimitorio" takes a picture, posts it on facebook and her grandpa gets arrested
edit on 23-6-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I am surprised the apprehension of one of the FBIs 10 most wanted isn't garnering more attention. It seems Lindsey Lohan's drinking trumps Mob boss 16 year fugitive put behind bars....

Sometimes I really hate the pop culture obsessed people of today...

edit on 23-6-2011 by BomSquad because: changed is to isn't. Makes a big difference...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Its kind of funny... According to the gossip around Boston, Whitey Bulger turned himself into the FBI. Since Bulger's health is rapidly deteriorating, he made a plead deal to keep his girlfriend out of jail. Within the agreement made between Bulger and the FBI, he allowed them to narrate the story behind his capture.

Think about this: After the FBI had shown Bulger and his girlfriend together for fifteen years, through various forms of media, they suddenly created this elaborate plan that worked in two days?
If this plan had workout so perfectly, why did it take them 15 years to attempt such a tactic?

Everyone knew who and what his girlfriend looked like for fifteen years.

Did you catch the smirk Bulger made when his mugshot was taken?

He knew it was all bogus.
edit on 6/24/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Even our local news people are suspicious about this, they are saying that for years people had been calling reporting them in Santa Monica. Something is up and I believe that they knew about where he was and that there are some back room deals going on.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Whole thing looked a little "made for TV" but I did a quick read of his Wiki bio. Supposedly part of a CIA MK-Ultra operation to cure schizophrenia...OK made me look!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Must be just gossip around Southy, I haven't heard a thing. Joking. I think when push comes to shove he might sing like a bird (no pun intended). Anyone who knows anything about what he was up to back then knows...big payroll.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
A few days ago he was transported by Helicopter and heavily armed guards, people were complaining about the costs, I was complaining too until I did a little research and found that he was using the FBI to do many of his activities including murders. They also said that he was in bad shape and had a weak heart and that he might die while on trial but evidence shows that he had his own gym and is in good health, I think that he was supposed to "die" of a heart attack before spilling the beans. Now I know why they are guarding him so heavily, if someone was to kill him it would not be some civilian. They must protect this guy until he talks and once that is done then they can feed him to the lions.
edit on 5-7-2011 by Elieser because: Typos

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Whitey AKA the snitch has got so much dirt on the Feds his cause will show how corrupt the Mass Feds really are.Whitey helped the Fed's put away a lot of wise guys so he could murder his way to the top and run the streets with protection from the Fed's.Whitey's case is going to open up a lot of cases in Boston the next few years watch and see how big this case really is. This is just the beginning a lot is going to come out

top topics

join