It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Securing our Southern U.S. borders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I am posting this in the fantasy forum because I believe this issue will
never be solved.
A lot of us would like for our borders to be secure for many reasons.
1.Keep terrorists out.
2.Keep illegals out.
3.Keep drug cartels out...
One member has a thread and mentioned planting land mines across
our southern border.
I was toying with the fantasy of having a shark-filled moat across the
border.
How would you secure our southern border? You can post anything you
feel like,realistic or fantasy.You never know,some ideas might work.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I'd like to have a moat/canal too, but instead it can be full of killer fire breathing ducks and unicorns with cro-bars attached to their hoofs.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Using the idea of a moat was a bit much,it was the first
thing that popped into my head.

The way a lot of members here act,I thought I would get
suggestions such as trained snipers.

Come on folks,someone has to have an idea on how they
would like to secure our border.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It would be great if a force field could be invented to block the borders I t would be like building a wall that you could not get over ,under , around or through . Thats the fanticy part The reality is to do what other countrys do ..station the military all along the border .

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
motion triggered turrets.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
You might just have to build walls and have check points like Israel and Palestine has in certain points. You could also use head seeking technology, cameras, and mobile jeeps. However, your politicians do not care! That is your real problem.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The sad thing is our borders CAN be secured..troops barbed wire and shoot to kill orders..then what have we got..SECURITY but at what price? Hitlers Germany comes to mind ..Do we really want that in trade for security? Will sombody PLEASE invent a force field !

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Predator shaped hunter/killer robots, the preds could be made up to look like mythological beasts of Mexican lore for extra psychological effect.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cheerfulnihilist
Predator shaped hunter/killer robots, the preds could be made up to look like mythological beasts of Mexican lore for extra psychological effect.

Haha I love this idea!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The Great Wall of America, All along the border. Line it with razor wire and instead of Coin-op Telescopes have Coin-op machine guns, It would become the world largest tourist attraction, and the Macine guns would bring in revenue, and maybe we could start to pull our country out of debt.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Roud up all the illegals in the US at the moment and force them to build a huge wall close to the entire border free of charge as punshiment for their invasion into the US. Then send them on their way back home (South). In order to pay for the materials to make the wall, seize the personal fortunes of top execs and management at "too big to fail" investment banks being propped up by taxpayer money. (We could get those guys to work on the wall too, but actually they deserve heavier punishment. I can't blame the illegals personally for wanting to better their lives...Its just simply not my problem as an American. But I CAN blame the financial cartel in a more personal way for subverting America from the inside.)

After the wall has been built and the illegals have been sent back to Mexico, the security of the border could be maintained by establishing concentric "rings" or band-like-zones in series. Anyone seeking to approach the border would have to move through the series of these zones, each one more restrictive than the last. For example, to get from the outermost zone to the next one, you'd have to fight the people already there for a slot. You'd either win or die. If you won, you could try for the next level, and so on. At the final level, only the hardest and most ruthless will have survived. These can be rewarded with moderate material wealth and trained into an elite roving corps of fighters who will earn their US citizenship by battling the drug cartels.

Partygirl for president, 2012. Make it happen.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Haha I'll Vote for you

top topics

join