It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is hussein, and I have a message for you

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
How would you react if Iraq was the pre-eminent world power and was busy bombing your town, killing your friends and family? Would you sit back and forgive, or try and fight back?

1 - America isn't bombing Iran.
2 - Iran itself has threatened to destroy America.

So is every “holy book”, as they are written by MAN and not a God. Show me one that has no earthly foundation.

No kidding. The Qu'ran is insane. Ditto - Try finding God in the Old Testament. I never said the bible was fantastic. The OP said not to be ignorant but he follows Islam. That's pretty darn silly ... to preach at others not to be ignorant but then to admit you follow something absurd like Islam (or _________ - pick an organized world religion)

Preachy? No. I’m sure Hussein is asking in a general sense,

Oh? And why are you SURE of that? You know him sooooo well after just one post?
If it waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck ... it's a duck.
On face value ... on HIS exact words ... he was preaching.

He isn’t preaching.

Yes he is. Wonderful opening post.
Exposes his agenda beautifully.
edit on 6/23/2011 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS !

PS - I'd move this thread to Religions forum

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sehren6

Welcome Hussein! Have a wonderful and educational time here at ATS.

Of course there are haters. There are haters everywhere. You can't stop it. There is hatred in the world. There are those who are ignorant and spiteful, judgmental and scared. But many of us are very familiar with other cultures and religions and are not threatened or fearful of people who are different.
Don't let ignorant opinions of you shake you up. It's best just to ignore because people will say things just to get you upset. Don't take the bait.

Welcome to ATS!

edit on 6/23/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

How would you react if Iraq was the pre-eminent world power and was busy bombing your town, killing your friends and family? Would you sit back and forgive, or try and fight back?

How would you feel if your country was being forced to accept Islam? How would you feel it to see your culture that's been in place for well over a thousand years go the way of the Do-Do bird because of Muslim immigration?

He’s asking us to rethink our attitude to another country and people...

Which *I* do, but when *they* come to another persons country and demand we quit being who *we* are to meet their needs, my respect ENDS. As I've said numerous times, I support Islam in *their* countries. It's after all their country, their culture and their way of life. So why can't I live mine like my ancestors have for generations?

This is what Islam in general brings to Europe. I don't see much respect/peace loving or treating each other like human beings here...

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I could not agree with flyersfan more. Also, in reading the OP post, i noted native english speaking syntax in his writing as well as customary colloquialisms used in America. Doubting authenticity, I smell troll.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
its actually opinions and statements like this that divide us more.. instead of concentrating on the differences between us and the negative things.. we should be looking at the similarities we share and the things we have in common..

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Are you suggesting Muslims are forcing you to change your culture? Last I checked the immigrants didn't come with guns, unlike some world powers who went invaded, occupied and forcefully shoved their own ideals on other nation's/people's throat at the barrel of the gun.

I would believe your depressing story if Muslims came with armies to invade Europe and force them to follow their economic and governing systems/ideals.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The real problem is our fellow humans that seem to have gained control over major portions of the Earth, have gained control of media sources everywhere. This gives them the 'bully pulpit' to spin stories exactly as they wish them to be understood. This makes it where honest people looking at the story say perhaps in Hussien's case from an Iranian/Persian point of view, have the skewed feeling that we hate muslims or anything that is not us.

That we don't get credit for our genuine concern is compounded by the fact our government now appears to be working for a world governing body as their personal police force. The media here barely notices and if something comes out about the direction being toward the loss of control of our own government to the UN in a news related setting, the speakers make it sound like we're idiots for noticing their version of the "Emporer has no clothes"! Try to protest that in a public setting and your either gonna be labeled a domestic terrorist or have your head beat in on national TV with roaring approval from the brainwashed masses. We have to WAKE UP! We outnumber them by billions and LOVE is our best option. Love one another and stop corruption where you are in your setting and your doing the best imho to help your fellow man.

My moment to do this involved a local mayor and our lives improved when he was exposed and voted out. All can't vote out the tyrants where they live but they can love their fellow man and treat each person with respect they would a beloved king. I vote we get out of fighting unless we are directly threatened. I like Thomas Jefferson's attitude that we should avoid foriegn intanglements that do not affect our soil. Seems smarter for us to protect a border here than in Pakistan. Just apply Occum's Razor, the simplist thing has to be the answer and loving thy neighbor as the King James Bible taught us here in the US, is simply the way to go.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
i noted native english speaking syntax in his writing as well as customary colloquialisms used in America. Doubting authenticity, I smell troll.

i actually agree with you.. i noticed oddities in the construction of the sentences and some of the words used..
i know first hand how arabic people use english and it doesnt sound like that.. (i even said it with an accent in my head and some of it didnt sound right)
it seems more like the way eastern europeans would use english..

but maybe im wrong.. the op could have spent alot of time around native speakers..

also noticed the 2 quoted posts used.. one was posted by fromabovemuslims and the other was from above..

maybe its nothing, but personally i smell something fishy going on, maybe a mod can check if this is coming from iran..
edit on 23/6/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

1 - America isn't bombing Iran.

Correct. Not yet.

I didn’t say Hussein lives in Iraq; I was simply putting out the concept of a far more powerful nation actively destroying another, and how that would feel if you were on the receiving end.

2 - Iran itself has threatened to destroy America.

American – or, more correctly, its Government, currently is bombing large swathes of the Middle East. It has the power to destroy it too.

Again, what would you do if the tables were turned?

That's pretty darn silly ... to preach at others not to be ignorant but then to admit you follow something absurd like Islam (or _________

Or something like, say, the party line spewed out by a government hell bent on taking control of a vast amount of land that isn’t theirs?

What’s the difference?

On face value ... on HIS exact words ... he was preaching.

Yes he is. Wonderful opening post.
Exposes his agenda beautifully.

Or, if you look at it another way, perhaps he is asking for tolerance?

Asking for us to actually question the propaganda we’re fed on other cultures every single day?

Is that so wrong?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I am right there with you! I was going over it in my head as well and was leaning towards Eastern European but with purely American rhythm. It seems as if OP is Primarily english speaking american or has had extensive exposure to american culture.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

How would you feel if your country was being forced to accept Islam? How would you feel it to see your culture that's been in place for well over a thousand years go the way of the Do-Do bird because of Muslim immigration?

Islamic countries in the Middle East are currently being forced – by incredibly powerful armies having invaded their land – to accept Western-style government.

As to immigration and Islam; choose to object to it ideologically. Argue with your government’s policies on it, and the Muslim viewpoint; voice objections, vote, speak out.

Do you argue with the concept of Christian missionaries in foreign countries too?

So why can't I live mine like my ancestors have for generations?

I imagine Hussein is asking the self-same thing.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sehren6

It is power agendas that are causing all this. Really, any one who truely follows a moral code knows that it is wrong to take another's life. Dropping bombs is a sin. Being a suicide bomber is a sin; because it is sacrifing many innocent lives just as dropping bombs - civilians are the ones that pay the price most heavily.

We can only answer things for ourselves individually. Like Yeshua said; "They who live by the sword die by the sword". I know that to be completely true. Gentle hearts want a gentle world. Hateful hearts are content with a hateful world.

I feel so lucky not to hate. I have learned not to hate anyone. I hate certain actions of people when they hurt others, but I could not even hate the perpetrators.

Being very honest: Cutting the hand off a man for stealing is stone age, so is invading a country for its oil and exploiting it. So is raping civilians. So is suicide bombing.

My choice of heroes are men of peace from many walks of life.

A peaceful heart shall find peace. A warring heart shall always be at war.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling

edit on 23-6-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling

+9 more 
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by micmerci
i noted native english speaking syntax in his writing as well as customary colloquialisms used in America. Doubting authenticity, I smell troll.
also noticed the 2 quoted posts used.. one was posted by fromabovemuslims and the other was from above..

- The syntax is off ... and already using the quotes in the first post ... and the 'introduction' is not an introduction but 'I have a message for you' ... the Passive/Aggressive preaching about big bad America all the while trying to sound like 'poor me I'm picked on' ... I'm not buying it. Like I said ... BEAUTIFUL opening post. Agenda fully exposed in the opening shot.

+6 more 
link   

Or, if you look at it another way, perhaps he is asking for tolerance?

Sure.

today i would like to give you a message,

please stop being ignorent

please stop living with the ego head (big head)

please stop being pre judge others.

But then...

you think the people in your country are better than the people in other countries, and when america commits many evil acts (so much war, so much killing) you give blind eye, because you already judge people in different countries to be bad, and their life has less value than yours, so its ok to kill...

Being pre judge others much...yeah?

what gives america the right to think less of people, to negatively judge then attack for oil? why do they say other people are full of violence, they ride camel all day with head rag and ak47, when this is brainwash to hate some more to make more war, when all of the "bad people" in these countries are fighting to defend themselves from extermination? they say "ally force, hostile terrorist" as if one is good, one is bad, like in the movies... and people believe the movies, so they believe that their military is killing the bad people.

No pre judge others much, no?

But tolerance only gets better...

i dont agree with american goverment killing osama bin laden

Yeah, the guy's a Saint !

Let's finish with another subtle no pre judge others...

please stop thinking that you are better than others, your religion is better than others (ego) , please stop hating others for how they look or where they come from, or what they believe (ignorent) , please dont pre judge others, and please stop all the hate!

Maybe I just don't understand the no pre judge others part.

Tolerance? Sure.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Flyersfan, thank you for your excellent example of the exact kind of person Sehren6 was talking about

Sehren6, again, please do not judge all of us Flyers behavior

♥ welcome to the board

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This guy is nothing more than an America hater looking for recruits. He'll find plenty of apologists here, to be sure.

From Iran, my hairy butt. He can only feign his vernacular so far.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I live in the US. Personally, I don't think negatively of people who are muslims. From what I know, it's always seemed like an interesting religion. I respect people who stand up for what they believe. You make alot of good points in your message, thanks for taking the time to write all of it.

I would definitely recommend taking your name off of the end of your post, especially if it is forbidden for you to be using the internet in this way.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
hussein -- I respect your openness and I am sad that you were persecuted when you came here. 9/11 changed this country, and most Americans still believe the official lie that muslims caused it, when in reality it was the US government that caused it. With that in mind, it's understandable that many Americans (especially in 2005) would have been fearful of you and any muslims at that time.

However, also bear in mind that even though the US government perpetrated the horrors of 9/11, there ARE muslim extremists in the world who are dangerous. Not all belief systems are created equal, and unfortunately, islam seems prone to extremism in the modern age. You are not an extremist, so it is not your fault personally. However, you still have to understand why there is going to be a rift there.

I don't really have an answer for you, except to say -- don't bother coming back here, because there's nothing much here worth celebrating anymore. I live in the US and I cannot stand what this country is becoming. I would leave right now if I had enough money and knew any better place to flee to.

I want you to know that I had the chance to get a very high paying job ($100k+) working for a company that worked with the US military. Even though I am broke, I turned down that job because I could not, as a human being with any conscience, support the crimes the US military is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. And the more I learn about the crimes of the US military and government, the more glad I am that I had absolutely no part in it.

I wish the corrupt leaders in the world didn't create these tragedies and rifts between people. Unfortunately they do. Just remember that most people in the world are good, it's the few who are corrupt and evil, and sometimes they can fool the masses into perpetrating that evil too.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well this thread is a load...

The hypocrisy is blatant (don't judge me for my religion, but i'm going to tar all americans with the same brush). Its a joke. The message, I understand, peace would be nice. This type of rant is not going to help. In my opinion OP is just pointing out the obvious (in the wrong place, since most people on here are aware of what he is saying) and throwing out instructions on how not to judge him (while judging a whole nation) - Thus is pointless..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join