It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is hussein, and I have a message for you

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sehren6

You win the contest for best first post ever. Welcome to ATS, we are happy to have you.

And your absolutely right.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'm sure there are some friendly people up there, I don't think they are all that way. It has been my experience that it isn't so much a Canadian vs. US thing anyways, but rather being a northern thing. We go up to North Dakota often as that is where my hubby is from and even people up that way were rude. Last summer we went to a family reunion, which by the way they rented out this bible camp thing.. later found out it was the freaky bible camp from that documentary "Jesus Camp". Which by the way, the people there are super rude, but I digress. We had to run back into town (Devils Lake) and we stopped at this grocery store. The cashiers were cold as ice, super unfriendly and borderline rude. Then the second time we stopped in she overheard us talking about one of hubby's relatives and says in that very northern sorta Canadian accent "OHHH your so and so's cousin??!!!" and suddenly she was our best friend. Yowza.. little bi polar there! LMAO If you happen to have an 'in' people further north are great, if you don't then they look at you like your an outsider. Now of course I occasionally would run into someone friendly and win them over with my southern charm, but more often than not they looked at me like I was the enemy. hmmm maybe it was my deoderant. LOL

Hey.. some Canadian cut me off too.. that was probably you wasn't it??!
Never mind that you were not in Colorado, it's probably still you!!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
reply to post by MixedUpMary

thanks!
winter's awesome once you get used to it.

Yes, but a nice warm beach would be so much better! Says the stupid girl who lives in the Colorado Rocky Mountains and hates winter with a passion. LMAO

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Mr. Hussein..

As you have probably already figured out by the American replies I'm sure you have seen nothing but welcome.

If the American people really had any way of stopping the madness.... We would have a long time ago..

We've lost our voice sadly...

I wish you the best and welcome to ATS. I look forward to seeing you on the boards.

ATS is not an accurate representation of America. People are banned for being rude and ad hominem, and most people on this thread are not even American. If you want a better representation of the ignorant majority that is America, try a social media site.
edit on 24-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
hussein, you should be able to see from the posts that everyone here in the states has nothing but love for you, i have never ever seen so many stars and flags for an indiviual stating he was islamic in origin
. if it wasn;t against ats rules and guidelines i would say i am from sumeria to get the same stars and flags

anyway know america and its people are a totally different entity from its government

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
reply to post by FlyersFan

You have a cool way of deflecting everything, it is as if you are in denial.

Let me explain how you discuss an issue:

I say - Molesting Children in Churches is bad.

You say - "well Muslims molest children too"

I would say - but is Molesting Children in Churches bad or not?

You would say - "Na'aa you tell me whether Muslim molesting children is bad first"

I say - Yeah it is bad.

You would say - "told you, those damn Muslims".

See the trend, you forget about your side of the fence, people who do that are either in denial, or professional propagandist. Since you're obviously not a professional propagandist, I suspect you are an individual who is in denial.

that my friend was a brilliant bit of deductive work. you spotted the attempt at diversion and skirting the issue and proceeded to corner the subject into a place where they had no escape. forcing them to face and realize thier own prejudices. fantastic stuff. i shall be following your posts based on that one reply alone. you have a keen eye. FlyersFan is obviously emotional about the subject and cant address the real issue the OP brings up which is...

..Drum roll

Why is it that people who are into conspiracy theories and believe that the government/media are lying to them about everything believe the crap about islam?? So they are lying to you about everything else EXCEPT that??

Im Catholic not that it means anything to me, but i am stumped at how people equate a religion with culture. Being Islamic DOES NOT = TERRORIST how can people be so dumb is beyond me?

To the OP all i can say is welcome to the Human race. This planet is like a cesspool of stupidity and ignorance logic and commonsense are as rare as hens teeth. I feel like ATS is like Zion in the matrix that last place where intelligence congregates before the machines wipe it out.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Hey OP. I don't even know you'll see this but I'll just say it: The.. 'first world' is filled with utter arrogance and NO culture whatsoever. We are so, so lost as we have no culture, we just consume. I am talking about the vast majority. I do feel like we're going to get our asses kicked because of each of us consuming, but just know that we are so lost here with no culture, therefore we consume so much.

I have no solution nor can I say sorry enough, but that is how it is. I'd live in Iran if I could.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Keep posting Hussein because you and the internet are the real threat to the system.

What will happen when we, from all corners of the world, will start talking to each other, understand each other, realise we are the same folks with the same desires, told the same lies, manipulated in the same ways and kept divided, killing each other for their benefit ? What will happen then ? Will we wake up and free ourselves at last ?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
don't worry brother most of the people in the streets are uneducated morons who only know about Iran from what they watch on the gov't controlled media... most people on ATS are educated and intelligent because we seek information and don't accept what's given to us on a platter... Welcome to the community brother share with us what's going on in your country and what the mood is like against your government

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Wonders when sehren6 will return and tell us how many Iranians were hung today, how many male Iranians were caught wearing necklaces, and when will their national soccer team play Israel's........
edit on 24-6-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim3lord..Drum roll

Why is it that people who are into conspiracy theories and believe that the government/media are lying to them about everything believe the crap about islam?? So they are lying to you about everything else EXCEPT that??

Im Catholic not that it means anything to me, but i am stumped at how people equate a religion with culture. Being Islamic DOES NOT = TERRORIST how can people be so dumb is beyond me?

To the OP all i can say is welcome to the Human race. This planet is like a cesspool of stupidity and ignorance logic and commonsense are as rare as hens teeth. I feel like ATS is like Zion in the matrix that last place where intelligence congregates before the machines wipe it out.

1) Again with the generalizations from you and from the OP. Not EVERYONE believes the bull that the govt spews out I seriously doubt that even most believe. But beyond that the OP is so full of generalizations and ignorance that it is no different than the very thing it complains about. Even you mr. replyer.. err ms.. mrs?? have made generalizations and have some ignorance going on. Not all people believe what they are told, not all americans believe crap about islam, many people fully understand that terrorist and muslim do not equal the same thing. This planet is NOT a cesspool of stupidity and ignorance (are you excluding yourself conveniently?). And as many years I have been reading at ATS, I promise you that it is far from the lat place where intelligence congregates! LMAO

2) you seem almost as pessimistic and cynical as me.. I'm not even catholic. LMAO Culture and religion are NOT the same thing, who ever said that.

Can't you people see that we are all generalizing, even in our responses! We are the very thing we complain about, ALL of us.. even myself. None of us are impervious to our own emotions and illogical ways. Not the OP, not the followers who star and flag and think this OP is so grande, not those that disagree, not any of us.

America is no more the villain than any other country, but we are indeed an easy target. With our size and how 'out there' we are it is easy to find all the evils that reside in all of us and assign it to one country.

OP, you and your country are just as messed up as Americans and America. Russian person who responded.. you and your country are just as messed up.. PAHLEEZ people none of our countries are innocent, we are all guilty of all the things we complain about. Get off your high horses people, we all can suck from time to time.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

You hit the nail on the head. If people start thinking for themselves the Machine will crash.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Buford2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I'm not going through the entire topic but I mostly agree with what you had to say. I think a lot of the problem with the wars is because people fear other people with differences and if they went away I think that people would learn to tolerate each other more and we'd have more of a diverse and happy world. Of course, since the world seems to be living in a chaotic distopia people prefer having hatred and they think that being kind to other people is boring, so, they avoid that. It's not a problem with the Western society per se. It's a problem more with the human condition. I do however believe that people can change and so can our values. I think this song rather fits the mood of this topic.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I understand where he is coming from. One of my best friends is Syrian. There is an overwhelming amount of misplaced anger to people from the middle east. The people are not the problems with these areas. Just like here their governments and extremists paint an image that everyone assumes belongs to the entire region. This is rarely the case. Especially concerning Iran. If you look back at the 2008 elections and how much the people cried out for help but were silenced by the MSM reporting very little on the why and how of what was happening. The people's election was a fraud.

If you want to truely see what the United States will become if we are not careful, look at Iran. They shut off the internet, disabled all phones, and had all tv stations playing movies the week of the protests so the people could not organize. Iran is truely a nation that is misunderstood now. People forget that 30 years ago Iran was the most westernized nation in the Middle East. Their country was stolen from them by the radicals and older generations short sightedness. The youth and middle aged residents now are without jobs and hope due to the rampant corruption and abuse of the government. Understand that the people of Iran are not enemies of any country. They tried to rise up against their government and were silenced, the information and cries for help that were seen all over the internet were not answered by the United States or any other nation. The world was silent as their government had crackdowns and scenes not unliked what happened earlier this year in other nations. If you supported Egypt, Syria, or any other middle eastern nation, you really should show your support for Iran. It was such a beautiful place to go 30 years ago, and the people are among some of the best I've ever encountered.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sehren6

Hi Hussein,
U.S. media has demonized islam countries as well as religion, and indoctrinated lots of people. People, who watch the news in U.S. have no other choice but to be pushed to "swallow" all the propagandas and agendas presented in media about islam countires. Corrupt media forms most average intelect people's opinions, so don't worry. Those who have brain see what is going on.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You have not figured out who the real terrorist are yet. Its not a secret.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sehren6

Great post OP. Your message resided with me calmly. I'm sorry that you have to go through the lies our government has spread about you all... Most of know it's not all of you.

When you said that you guys don't trust your government either, it sent chills down my spine. We are the same, as others said, you are our brother, and we welcome you without a problem.

To anyone out there being a complete douche, and ignorant. You might need to watch a very good movie called, "My name is Khan" I love that movie, and I think anybody who is scared of people from the Middle East, or feel threatened by them NEED to watch that movie.

It shows even shows you that before 9-11 that there was peace among all of us.. then it shows you how things change. It's disgusting man... Then those same disgusting people have the nerve to talk about their human rights.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
i don't blame some people from iran for hating the US.

when they had their uprising a couple yrs ago, obama said and did nothing.

the only iranian i know/knew, was in 1980-81 after the revolution.

he was a dishwasher for us.

nice guy, young, was in the shah's army as an officer.

wounded and had relatives in boston, moved there after being wounded.

we used to talk about what was going on there and since it was so long ago, i only can relate

that life under the shah was a heck of alot better than kohmeni the first.

iran used to be a great place to go. secular government, westernized and exotic.

they had money too.

my point is, a generation ago islam took over and now look at it.

don't blame anything but the people that messed up, islamic fundies and carter.

no star, no flag. why? ask the mullahs.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
One thing I noticed in this thread are the detractors, the ones who are obviously taking offence to Sehren's simple message because they are exactly who he's talking about. To put the OP to his point, he's asking americans not to judge all muslims because they are not all the same, he in no way sympathizes with the extremests in his country, he doesn't even trust his own government. He also further sympathized with americans and their distrust with their government. He talks about extremism on both sides, but obviously some people can't take what he is saying, that can't hold themselves accountable for their misguided attitudes. Yes yes yes, we should all generalize all muslims and the muslim religion, but we should turn the other way when we focus on warhawkish politicians and citizens of this country, turn the other way from extremest christians. Right. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Thanks for the message Sehren!
edit on 24-6-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcsteve
Well this thread is a load...

The hypocrisy is blatant (don't judge me for my religion, but i'm going to tar all americans with the same brush). Its a joke.

The OP didn't tar all americans by the same bush, he simply asked that people not judge him for being arab, being an Iranian. He clearly stated that he in no way supported the extremest in his country, he SYMPATHIZED with us over our distrust with the government here on ATS. And what do you do? You attack him simply because he called out the warhawks and the ignorant in our country as well?

So what should he do then? Should he only talk about extremests muslims? Really??

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join