It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is hussein, and I have a message for you

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MareBellator

No they just want to run or throw Israel into the sea and if they could build a rocket to hit the USA they would most likly do it. The point of my origianl post was the quote is not from the bible and if you or I went to Iran would we get looks and comments from the people there that we would take as nt the most friendly?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Everyone here, has a Valid and strong understanding of the real problem...It is why I keep coming back to ATS. This is the real people in the world giving "Real Time" responses, to an others' soul. Most here really do get "IT". TY for sharing your views. That is also why I Love America...to live under "Sharia Law"...KISS MY ASS...I don't think so...give me Liberty, or give me death, don't fall on deaf ears in my house. A Government that takes command from religion that lives by this, in my book is just plain wrong.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sehren6

Don't worry, we'll come free your ass one day..

But seriously- You depict alot of the stereotypes that you hear about americans (just as I satirically produced above), but there are a lot of intelligent people in North America ( I say this because I my self, am a Canadian),who are not this ignorant and some of us will publicly express what both you and I know as "hate" and "ignorance". I have met many muslims my friend ( I was brought up catholic) and have never had a problem with any of them. In fact, one of them was the wisest man I think I have ever met. Here in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) there are many not just cultures, but faiths actively working together everyday. Sure there are the few brainwashed, dumbed down, worked too hard baby boomers, who will preach like they've read a million books, and say radical things about Islam. But there are also the baby boomers who are very well educated and can hold a conversation about world issues together better than some of the professors I have seen. I must digress. What I am getting at is, we all don't think you're coming for us. We all don't think your hiding bombs. We all don't think the Iranians are planning to take over the world. Just the ones who never learned to think for them selves or question things. Because just like you friend- you too, must have at one point.. Questioned something, and you didn't take no for an answer.
ANYWHO...
Welcome to ATS- bring your wisdom, forget the potty mouth at home and uhhh?
Spread love?

edit on 23-6-2011 by tribaltrip because: By the way, you come off as russian in text, or at least thats how I read it.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If I had enough money I would buy up and collect every piece of religious 'propoganda' such as the keran (sorry about my English) and strike a match and watch it gleam...yea sparks.o sorry got sidetracked, anywho..... yea we should burn them all and any physical item associated with them..except for the Constitution and a few other such documents,,,just take the word god out of them.

This is not extremist hate as you say, it is my right as a human to try to make my enviornment a more positive place, and if I can do that by burning a tora or a qrun and not physically harming or threatening physical violence on anyone, or violating any laws, then why not?

Who are you to tell me i should be concerned about someone that has less than me? Physical comforts could be an affliction in my point of view.

Hitler could have said whatever he wanted, as long as it wasnt accompanied by physical harm.

By the way I do not believe one shred of your post.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
excellent post, OP. whether you're "real" or "fake" doesn't matter as much as the discussion that's been generated.

my take on it is we all need to be canadian! in toronto, montreal, calgary, vancouver, edmonton and whatevever other cosmo cities we have here, muslims, christians, zoroastrians, buddhists, hindus, and whatever else you've got live and work shoulder to shoulder with very little racial/religious hate violence. and in toronto, christian/europeans are a minority, i'm sure. i love canada for it's unique opportunity to show the world we CAN all live in harmony.

You are making me want to move there. I've been to Toronto and Montreal - both FANTASTIC cities (and I really dislike being in the city). But those were two of the friendliest cities I've ever been in. I would really like to get out of here and away from the constant bickering between religions, between political parties, races. Seem like people don't feel 'normal' unless they hate someone.

Now if you could just do something about those winters!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sehren6

Thanks for the message. I agree with it.

Now I must ask, are you also sending this to Iran citizens? They have unbalanced hate for Americans as well and there are just as many bigoted/uninformed haters there.

Yknow, try to change ALL the messed up folks in the world for the better...not just the ones you meet when traveling outside your country.

MM

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

excellent post, OP. whether you're "real" or "fake" doesn't matter as much as the discussion that's been generated.

my take on it is we all need to be canadian! in toronto, montreal, calgary, vancouver, edmonton and whatevever other cosmo cities we have here, muslims, christians, zoroastrians, buddhists, hindus, and whatever else you've got live and work shoulder to shoulder with very little racial/religious hate violence. and in toronto, christian/europeans are a minority, i'm sure. i love canada for it's unique opportunity to show the world we CAN all live in harmony.

No thank you!! I have been to Canada and I swear the further north you go in the US and up into Canada the ruder people are. I tried to make small talk, being super friendly to many people up north and they all were cold as ice and looked straight through me like "how dare you speak to me". I swear half the people I met looked like they were all about to start yelling "stranger danger" and run away. I'll stick to Colorado and further south where people are friendlier and actually have manners. I don't even like going to North Dakota, people are so rude, but when we went up into Canada it was worse. There may not be much hate violence, but I have yet to find many friendly people up there.

I was left standing there wondering if I should check my deoderant and make sure it was still working. LMAO

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer
reply to post by MareBellator

No they just want to run or throw Israel into the sea and if they could build a rocket to hit the USA they would most likly do it. The point of my origianl post was the quote is not from the bible and if you or I went to Iran would we get looks and comments from the people there that we would take as nt the most friendly?

Really?

"I know you are, but what am I?"

America is a 'free' country, and also the country we are actually talking about here.

Reserved Islamic hate is often just another product of propaganda in the US. You find very few Islam haters in countries not trying to wage war with the Middle East, I know that's super hard to believe....

And let's be honest; a lot of people 'hate' Americans.... It's not a Muslim-specific thing in any fashion... but don't take my word for it, ask the Canadian flag on your backpack for when you go to Europe
. Or should we just hate everyone that is not from America right back? That's the productive, adult way to go about it, right?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hello Hussein -

You live not too far from me - we are Americans living in Oman.

We have only been here about a year, but we have loved having the opportunity to see the other side of Islam, the side that is never on the news. And living in a culture that is so gentle and accomodating. I was already not too happy about everything in America, but now when I see the news through the eyes of the rest of the world, I am often embarrassed. Sometimes horrified.

Americans aren't the same as the US government. Through our own apathy, we have lost control of our government. Many here on ATS believe we need to get that control back - but we aren't sure how to do that by peaceful means. Many of us here also believe our government is bullying, lying to the world and its own citizens, creating mayhem all over the world. The result of this will eventually be the fall of our government - because it is ignoring its responsibilities at home, and can't even afford all the trouble it starts.

Many Americans are also very ignorant, believing only what the controlled media spoon-feeds them. But not all of us are that way.

I'm very sorry for your experience in America. That makes me angry & sad. In the years since 9/11, bigotry has ruled the day, unfortunately.

I hope that your experiences won't keep you from also keeping your own mind open. That you will continue to take each person, even if they are from the USA, at their own value - whether that is good or bad.

If you are ever in Muscat, you should come by for cardamom coffee and dates. Or coffee and cake. Or spiced Indian tea and curry. Your choice.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Hi Hussein Ali Soueid . If you're ever in Vancouver, let me know and we'll grab some beers.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Please don't be put off by the sort of inflammatory comments you see by a handful of the members here, most people here are very welcoming and happy to discuss and debate in a civilised manner.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
OP, I want to say Peace to you.

People are so ignorant they believe in the illusion of borders to keep humans seperate therefore slaves. They use imaginary borders to keep everyone in a herd the same as a rancher does to cattle. The World Powers and I dont just mean the Governments we see, are using humans like lab rats. They love to create division by using propaganda against each other when they OWN all of us. Stop watching the MSM stations and stop looking in on the ignorant threads that pop up blaming Muslims, Jews, or Americans for the World trouble. People love to talk about the government brainwashing certain people but they dont realize the government brain washes the masses via the media and man made laws that are nothing more than slavery.

The trouble is we as humans have allowed the Rulers to dictate everything in our lives from the type of toothpaste to the type of car we drive. If someone from across the imaginary border used something different then that means they are weird or evil.

What has happened to the human creativity? Most people in the US are loaded up on alcohol and pills just to numb the illusion we live in daily. If somehow we can come together as one species and stop listening to the lies used to divide us, we could rid this world of hate. Burn your TVs first. Stop drinking or using drugs that are not natural because they will destroy the brain. Clear away the noise. The world is much brighter when the noise is destroyed. If everyone burned their TV's this hatred that has strangled the US and many other countries would die almost immediatly. The only people to fight would be the war lords and their pawns who work for them and they would not last long when people finally began thinking for themselves. OP once again peace to you. Do not allow the pawns to destroy your respect for humanity.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Sounds like you're trying to trick us. I can't trust a Muslim until they're patted down by the TSA/sarcasm

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sehren6
My name is hussein, and i live in iran.
i believe in both buddhist and islam
today i would like to give you a message,
please stop hating,
please stop being ignorent
please stop living with the ego head (big head)
please respect other human
please stop being pre judge others.

thank you for speaking out like this because i as a Russian feel the same way you guys look at every russian like we are all communists and go forth calling us commies but in reality you don't understand that your insulting me because i know that the commies killed my grandparents and my forefathers just because they believed in God.
thanks for this thread hussein because i feel for you and hope America changes there view on Russians.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MixedUpMary

thanks!
winter's awesome once you get used to it.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Mr. Hussein..

As you have probably already figured out by the American replies I'm sure you have seen nothing but welcome.

If the American people really had any way of stopping the madness.... We would have a long time ago..

We've lost our voice sadly...

I wish you the best and welcome to ATS. I look forward to seeing you on the boards.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa

No thank you!! I have been to Canada and I swear the further north you go in the US and up into Canada the ruder people are. I tried to make small talk, being super friendly to many people up north and they all were cold as ice and looked straight through me like "how dare you speak to me". I swear half the people I met looked like they were all about to start yelling "stranger danger" and run away. I'll stick to Colorado and further south where people are friendlier and actually have manners. I don't even like going to North Dakota, people are so rude, but when we went up into Canada it was worse. There may not be much hate violence, but I have yet to find many friendly people up there.

I was left standing there wondering if I should check my deoderant and make sure it was still working. LMAO

You must have hit some bad people, because Canadians are actually very friendly.

I grew up in Montreal, and some - some - of the French people there can be rude to tourists, but even that is exaggerated. I've lived in Halifax and Vancouver, and been around the whole country. People in Canada are friendly and we like to socialize.

But you probably hit some bad apples. EVERY country has them.

Just to give you an example, one time I drove down to Myrtle Beach on vacation. I went into a 7-11 and the girl at the counter asked me where I was from. I guess she heard my Canadian accent and couldn't figure it out. I told her Montreal, Quebec to which she replied: "Oh, is that overseas?" I told her, no, Montreal is in Canada. Then she looked to the side and gave me a dirty look and said, "Hey, wait a minute, a guy with Quebec plates cut me off the other day. It was a blue car. Do you own a blue car?" At this point she was actually giving me a very dirty, angry look. I was amazed. Here I was, buying something from this person's store, standing at the counter trying to run a simple transaction, and this woman is accusing me of cutting her off on the road somewhere just because the person driving that car was from the same Province!

Now, that my friend is rude. But I don't hold the entire U.S.A. accountable for her stupidity and rudeness.
edit on 23-6-2011 by JRCrowley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Warpedconsciousness

Slavery in America was about money. Segregation was about xenophobia. Not religion.

By the way, both are still prevalent and accepted in muslim countries. Have you ever been to Saudi Arabia?

Christianity evolved as culture and opinions changed. As far as I can tell, the average muslim's beliefs and attitudes haven't changed at all in the last two thousand years.

When a radical Christian bombs an abortion clinic or marries dozens of teenage girls, other Christians condemn him.

When a muslim suicide bombs civilians, other muslims just blame American foreign policy (see every American muslim leader after any terrorist attack).

And if it's such a peaceful religion, followed by so many wonderful people, how come every muslim country is an absolute disaster where crimes against humanity and random acts of extreme violence are the everyday norm?

I am not an apologist for any religion, Christianity or otherwise. I just look at the facts.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sehren6

Welcome to ATS , you sure do speak in a well thought out wise manner. I live many miles away ,in Australia .That means that the chances of us ever talking man to man are very slim but I think it would be great to hear you expound on your outlook on life, as you say we are all fruit from different branches of the same tree.I wish you happy days and plenty of them.Keep on posting and spreading the good message, hopefully ,someday soon this old World will live in love and peace,hang in there brother.Cheers

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by o0pinMind0o
thank you for speaking out like this because i as a Russian feel the same way you guys look at every russian like we are all communists and go forth calling us commies but in reality you don't understand that your insulting me because i know that the commies killed my grandparents and my forefathers just because they believed in God.
thanks for this thread hussein because i feel for you and hope America changes there view on Russians.

I didn't realize 'we' had any view of Russians LMAO No offense, but I know almost nothing of Russians. I have no 'view' of Russians. Actually my dh has Russian ancestry and my soon to be 14 year old son is obsessed with his Russian heritage for some unknown reason. It does remind me of when I was growing up if say I said I didn't like something that most everyone did say for example I decline a piece of cake and say " I don't really like chocolate cake" my dad would say "what are you... communist?" Beyond that I can honestly say that I have never even given thought to Russians. Well not until my oldest son became enamored with the idea of having Russian in his ancestry. I told him "well.. you have relatives from Odessa,Texas in you that is much closer.. is't that enough. I don't think he got my joke.

OH WAIT.. I forgot, I have thought about something Russian related.. you have great vodka and I have serious appreciation for that contribution to the world!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join