It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Gets 30% of Americans Certain to Support Re-Election in Economy Poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Americans are growing more dissatisfied with President Barack Obama’s handling of the economy and say it will be hard to vote to re-elect him without seeing significant progress over the next year and a half.

By a margin of 61 percent to 37 percent, a Bloomberg National Poll conducted June 17-20 shows Americans say they believe that Obama will have had his chance to make the economy “substantially better” by the end of 2012.

Only 30 percent of respondents said they are certain to vote for the president and 36 percent said they definitely won’t. Among likely independent voters, only 23 percent said they will back his re-election, while 36 percent said they definitely will look for another candidate.

Link

Are people finally losing faith in "the messiah"? It certainly looks that way, and it makes me wonder who TPTB will choose as the next puppet? I would like to see either a Paul/Paul ticket, or a Paul/Napolitano ticket. Not that it really matters anymore, but IF I am wrong about it, Ron Paul is likely our last chance to fix things in this country.
edit on 23-6-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Wow, that number seems high.

I'm surprised even that many support him.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

If things keep going the way they are, he'll probably not run again due to, "Personal reasons or so he can spend more time with family." It'll also clear the path for Hillary....ACK!

He has already laid the ground work by saying that he is ok with being a one-term President. He must have been quite astounded when he realized that his fantasy vision for America wasn't embraced by reality.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies. I also doubt that 30% still support him, but they also say we have only 9% unemployment so we know they lie.

Regarding him "bowing out", I agree. He has already laid the ground work to do so; but Shrillary? Do you really think she will try again? I am not so sure about that. Maybe as Biden's VP?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
He'll get re-elected. Why?
- Because he won't lose the black vote.
- Because the republicans have NOBODY. (unless Christi or Jindal get in the race)
- Because he'll get the votes of the young who bother to show up to vote this time.
- Because the independents aren't speaking out (and they are race changers)
- Because of voter apathy ... he's already in and there isn't anyone else standing out. He killed the hopes and dreams of many people who bought into his bull ... and I'd bet a box of donuts that those people are still licking their wounds and have had the air knocked out of them .. they won't bother voting because they have been deflated and feel their votes don't matter anymore .. because it's all the same. Hope/Change doesn't exist.

Yes, many of his former supporters now FINALLY see through him. They finally see that he's just like any other stink'n politician. His severe lack of experience in foreign matters, and complete lack of experience in executive and military matters has become painfully apparent to everyone. His lies and broken promises are bold and 'in your face'. BUT I still think he'll be reelected because the Republicans have nobody running and because Hillary (for some reason) won't push the dude out of the way and take charge of the democrats.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I fear that the next Presidential election will have a stunningly low turn out, more than likely due to apathy as stated. But he is losing his base voters as he isn't concentrating on their pet peeves. As you said, he is just another politician.

That other cat said Hillary as Biden's VP but I just don't see Biden as a front runner though. And the Dems don't have anybody else if he doesn't run, other than Hillary. No one viable that I can see anyways.
edit on 23-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
All the unionsters have no choice but to vote Dem.
Conservatives will most likely split their vote again between the Republican and 3rd party ticket.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Major elections are the time for dirty tricks ("quick boat" lies, etc).

Given that there seems ample reason to question Obama's entire history do you people actually believe that the Republicans or breakaway Dems will stand silently by and allow the underclass to put Obama into office again?

No a chance. He will be forced to bow out at some point and some fast starter will bolt out of the underbelly of the Dem party and Obama will be left in the dust.

As a party, they know he is dirty and don't want him to run because of the fear that the opposition will unleash everything they have on him and that would be the end for him and them.

If he does run because of little disclosure of his history, that will be amply evidence that both parties are bought and paid for by the same people. Then don't trouble yourself to vote.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Obama's been giving +1 million foreigners US Citizenship each year.

There's 4 million that will definitely vote for him.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
2012 i am sure he will pull another "miralce" out of his hat like he did with obl.

or finally give seniors and the disabled their cost of living raise to buy their votes.

36/30 are abmismal numbers for one of the worst presidents we have ever had,.

i definately wont vote for obama we need real solutions to fix the problems of this country and not just lip service and pandering.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He'll get re-elected. Why?
- Because he won't lose the black vote.
- Because the republicans have NOBODY. (unless Christi or Jindal get in the race)
- Because he'll get the votes of the young who bother to show up to vote this time.
- Because the independents aren't speaking out (and they are race changers)
- Because of voter apathy ... he's already in and there isn't anyone else standing out. He killed the hopes and dreams of many people who bought into his bull ... and I'd bet a box of donuts that those people are still licking their wounds and have had the air knocked out of them .. they won't bother voting because they have been deflated and feel their votes don't matter anymore .. because it's all the same. Hope/Change doesn't exist.

Yes, many of his former supporters now FINALLY see through him. They finally see that he's just like any other stink'n politician. His severe lack of experience in foreign matters, and complete lack of experience in executive and military matters has become painfully apparent to everyone. His lies and broken promises are bold and 'in your face'. BUT I still think he'll be reelected because the Republicans have nobody running and because Hillary (for some reason) won't push the dude out of the way and take charge of the democrats.

Ok, I can't disagree with anything you just said, EXCEPT the repuklican't field. Governors Christi and Perry. If they run, the pukes have a shot of trading the puppetsidency and installing a new mouth piece for TPTB.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
2012 i am sure he will pull another "miralce" out of his hat like he did with obl.

or finally give seniors and the disabled their cost of living raise to buy their votes.

36/30 are abmismal numbers for one of the worst presidents we have ever had,.

i definately wont vote for obama we need real solutions to fix the problems of this country and not just lip service and pandering.

I not sure about that. The miracles are about over for this flash in the pan.

I think it will be Jon Huntsman if anyone will be allowed to beat Obama. He has worked for the Reagan and Bush Administrations, been Governor of Utah, and recently Ambassador to China. (The China connection is extremely important, and has been "under control" of the Bush family since R. Milhaus opened the door.) Huntsman appears to be the middle of the roader TPTB would prefer. His also has something BO doesn't, Executive experience, working for and running the family's corporations, and the Huntsman Cancer Foundation.

His political positions would be acceptable to Independents, and thou Republicans may initially bawk at his Presidential bid, the bottom line is, they will vote for anyone BUT Obama. Jon Huntsman will present a candidacy which will remain stoic as BO and his minions throw as much dirt and garbage as humanly possible at him. It will backfire in Obama's face and show the American people what a light weight he truly is.

Even though I may not vote for him, the Dem's will fear his experience, and polished delivery, more than Palin, Bachmann or any of the Republican "also rans".

I personally do not think there's a chance the majority of the American people will re-elect Obama, the epitome of a two faced politician, the likes of which we have not seen since the days of that Bush boy, Richard Milhaus Nixon, if then.

Jon Huntsman has the experience at all levels to make this a very interesting Presidential campaign. He also has the business experience to hopefully provide solutions to the major problems this country faces. This gentleman has walked the walk.

Just my thoughts on the situation.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldnslo

obamas relection would not surprise me in the least but to use your phrase the american people are also two faced as we have seen obama has done the same things bush has and has gotten a free pass for the most part and where they shunned bush they love obama.

i want a new potus and someone who isnt two faced and has some common sense and knows that that constitution means.

its a pipe dream.
edit on 23-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo, easy now, many of us would.

Rather than saying the American people are two-faced, I'd say many are easily fooled and politically, not quite up to speed. It does bothers me than BO has gotten a free pass considering what was said about Bush, but BO fooled a lot of people and it's going to take some time, if ever, for them to realize what they did. It appears some of the people CAN be fooled all the time.

Just because Jon Huntsman tossed his hat in the ring, doesn't mean I'd vote for him. I've supported Ron Paul since 1980 with both my votes and my hard earned Federal Reserve Notes. Hopefully I get another chance to do the same in 2012.

As I said, Huntsman will give BO a run for his money whether you like it or not. I just want to see the mustard come off the hot dog, so to speak!!!!!

Pipe dream......maybe.

join