It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private emails detail Obama admin involvement in cutting non-union worker pensions post-GM bailout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Private emails detail Obama admin involvement in cutting non-union worker pensions post-GM bailout

dailycaller .com

New emails obtained by The Daily Caller contradict claims by the Obama administration that the Treasury Department would avoid “intervening in the day-to-day management” of General Motors post-auto bailout.
These messages reveal that Treasury officials were involved in decision-making that led to more than 20,000 non-union workers losing their pensions. (General Motors not eager to be political talking point in 2012)
Republican Reps. Dan Burton and Mike Turner say that during the GM bailout, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner decided to cut pensions for salaried non-union employees at D
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
But I keep hearing that the Unions are for the Middle Class...Really? The Union shills will keep going there, saying, “Save the Middle Class!” When in reality, they just want more perks at the non-Union employees expense.

Once again the Admin’s ties to the Unions hurts the American people. And Unions wonder why there is so much push back.

This is just another instance of pushing class warfare to the forefront since the Race Card has been maxed out, though they still use it from time to time.

dailycaller .com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Great find. Confirming what was already known for sure.

Unions today are nothing more than money funding and/or laundering operations for the Democratic Party. Plain and Simple.

If they had any balls, they would be actually defending those ones who were cut and maybe convince them to become union members etc. no, Screw them all and give more money to the Dems.

You think I am kidding? I am saving all the mailings from the AFSCME and I will demostrate what they are up to.

I will be posting the stuff on here for everyone to see. (if permitted etc-going to speak w/ admin about my idea and how I plan on documenting and presenting etc to ensure we all good)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I'm surprised this didn't get more attention.

My fear is that this issue is being forgotten about when in reality it should be on the front page.

The ultimate info for Republicans in the 2012 run. They just have to be able to make it easy for the common folk to understand. IMO.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
And union workers wonder why most non-union workers view them as at best spoiled petulant children, and worse as little more than thugs.

I agree with the OP, with news like this it is hard for me to view unions as anything other than money launderers and fund raisers for Democrats.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
I'm surprised this didn't get more attention..

That's because the left wing press is too busy trying to go through Gov. Palins private Emails in an attempt to try to pin something on her. This is sitting there on a golden plate ... right in front of them ... but they'd rather witch hunt Sarah Palin - who holds no office. It's more fun.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The article states that the workers who recieved the pension cuts were non union "salaried" workers. That sounds like managers the ceo etc. Managment is never covered under union contracts. If a company fails like GM did it seems reasonable to me to expect the company's managment to take a haircut.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

Some of those salaried are also the engineers that design the cars, marketing that sell the cars, etc, etc. I'm sure that we can all agree that the "fluff" at all levels, Union and Non-Union, can and should be cut.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Give it time. It'll be brought up again. Probably as a talking point along the campaign trail.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So the White House sacraficed non-union (management or not) workers for union workers.

I can see that the administration is still "for the people, by the people. . . and to hell with the people!"

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
dont know how many times i have to say this.

but its the union first the union only and the union last.

the "little people" be damned your either union or nothing.

when millions are out of work obama adds more to that unemployment line.

vote obama out in 2012!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I’m sure they think of it as more of sacrificial lamb.

Every time I think that at least, “they can’t do much more damage to this country in the one and a half years they have left.”

Then I remember how much damage they have already done in the past two and half years and have to go work out to calm myself.

Some of the posts on ATS make me do a set of exercise before I reply.

On the plus side, I’m getting into shape.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I don't temp fate by wondering the worst they can do anymore. I tread lightly and hope/pray/dream that they'll ONLY be corrupt and moronic.

"You may call me a dreamer. . . . "

edit on 23-6-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
let's put this way::

You have to cut something, somewhere. do you cut the middle-class union workers, or do you cut the upper class non-union management who will still have it much better than the union guys not being cut. Seems to me the way it went down is how it should have gone down.

top topics

join